• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Invicta 8926

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
Alright lets have another look at the 8926, of course alot of guys hate the Invicta brand and while I agree most of thier stuff is shit theres still a few good models that give some great value to the buyer.

Late 2012 I got a hold of a couple of the newer 8926 models purley out of interest in the new movement they were using. To give a bit of history which I'm sure most of you already know Invicta began its 8926 series using the Miyota automatic (a decent low cost movement), nothing fancy about it, a unadjusted plain looking automatic, but it worked and worked very well, infact that Miyota movement is in thousands and thousands of watches many costing from a hundred to a few hundred.

Sometime around 2010 Invicta dropped the Miyota movement in favor of a 23J Seiko movement a NH25A, with the promotion being it wound in both directions, installed something called a Flame fusion crystal (still not sure what that is), and stopped using screwdown crowns on many models except the 8926 and a few others. Invicta also started using quartz movements in almost every new release they came out with, which was mostly huge ass watches with a tiny Swiss parts (LOL) quartz movement or in some cases what they called a Swiss movement (also a quartz), which is total bullshit as after reading a post here from another member I had my 9308 Swiss quartz broken down only to discover it stamped Far East indicating it was produced in Asian countries and Not just assembled there. You can pick up a Invicta 9308 for about $49.00 and see for yourself.

Now this newer 8926 has a 24J Seiko NH35A movement, winds in both directions, hacks, hands winds like butter and runs very smooth as compared to the previous models using the other movements, also gone is the plastic movement holder, added is real magnified date window, and fattened hour and minute hands. The price has also dropped abit from the other models, the stamped clasp in heavier, and the end links no longer rattle and fit perfectly.

As much as guys hate on Invicta I have to say the watch itself is pretty well made for a discount brand and you get more then what you paid for. Also the 8926 in my opinion is better then the overpriced 9937 whose only diffrence is the Sellita movement, SEL (which are horrible), abit thicker links, and better clasp. Don't waste your funds on the 9937 its not worth it.

This is just my horseshit opinion of course, LOL.:hehehe:

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
That 24J NH35A from Seiko is a sweet movement....light years ahead of the old Miyota they used to use..

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
txrob, I do have to admit over the years I've become very lazy with the pics, I hardly ever do it anymore, however you can do a image search (not here, LOL), its easy to find.

mydny, for real which is why I brought it up. Many guys overlook the brand because of their past lies but theres still a few good Invictas out there.

dain, yes its still a decent movement, but remember it doesn't hack and is very rough on the hand wind. The newer movement runs very well and winds very smooth and very noticeable difference. Pick one up and see for yourself.

justudor

18/1/13
Yeah, true agreed.

I was about to get one... But the rolex design I am not interested in parading around.

Sent from my GT-P6800 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
"It's a dead giveaway".

Sent from 1:1 app made with gen tapatalk

fortis Persicum

I'm Pretty Popular
24/2/13
great movements. I have a couple of invictas 2 with quartz movements and i must say, that i get lots of compliments

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
The thing is with this watch you get alot and pay very little and its much better quality then any sub rep at the same price.

I really believe this is one of the very best products Invicta makes, this is the watch they use to hook the customer in and convince them all thier products are quality (which they are not), a guy gets this watch and thinks its such great quality he figures all Invictas are made as good.

If you've read reviews of the 9937 and 8926 you'll find alot of complaints over the years for the 9937, however the 8926 is overwhelmingly reviewed as a great product.

Now a status symbol it is not, but putting you into a automatic sub with a pretty good build it is.

Reactions: elfer996

JaeRSr.

20/2/12
Invicta 8926ob

I have to agree on the latest 8926 being a great watch. I got one as a pool watch and the thing is a tank. The hack movement is quiet as a mouse and it keeps excellent time.
The only mod I did was replacing the bracelet with a Daytona rep bracelet off ebay for $20 and viola! Very trustworthy Sub homage.

Reactions: elfer996

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
If you want a nice sub and aren't into the I must wear a status symbol at all times then its a great choice.

Spiccato

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
The NH35 is a fine movement. Invicta makes a model called an 0420 that uses this movement..it's titanium, has that "flame-fusion" thing (sapphire coated mineral) and is about 45mm. You can get them for between one and two hundred USD from the Bay. Cheers...

Spiccato

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
...other than the watches mentioned here and maybe a few others I'm not into Invicta. Don't have any use for pounds of steel powered by quartz movements.....

elfer996

Horology Curious
14/8/18
ed6cd4a90a975a48f9758926e7e173c3.jpg

IG: orologio.rosso

DamienS

Horology Curious
29/8/20
ed6cd4a90a975a48f9758926e7e173c3.jpg

IG: orologio.rosso

I like the watch. As a matter of fact My wife just got me one off Amazon (prime day $50) she's not letting me have till xmas. On the one you show here that cyclops is awful. First thing I'd do if mine looks like that is heat it off and put a good one on. Also its my understanding Sub bezel inserts fit this model. I already have a few Sub aftermarket Ceramic, engraved bezel inserts saved on Ebay