• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bergeon Screwdriver Set. Are they worth it?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Nine premium Bergeon, color-coded set-screw screwdrivers with 9 spare blades and two extra set-screws in wooden box. Spare blades are individually packed in plastic tubes.Brand New. Bid now!

520576.jpg

That would set me back U$99 shipped. Worth it?

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
Sure they're not reps? :wink:

My dad would always say "buy the best tools you can afford and take care of them as they will surely take care of you.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Given the price, it's certainly not a rep. However any pointers to spot a rep will be good. I have seen only 1 of this screwdriver. Certainly the weight, the details and the quality are amazing.

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
bergeion and af swiss r the best screwdrivers imho , if u work on watches regularly u will see why

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
So... What do you think of the price Joe? I look around without seeing much "discounted" price :roll:

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
u will be hard pressed to find a great deal on a set of bergeons, it is cheaper to buy them per piece on ofrei.com, i never use the case or carousal u can buy along with it , my screwdrivers stay on my bench laying around lol im using them everyday alot so no need for organization lol

Edge

I'm Pretty Popular
15/3/06
They can be had for £4.99GBP each on Cousins web site so that's not bad and you will also find that you don't need all of them there are sizes that you will never use. If you intend to do a reasonable amount of work on watches or such like then Bergeon Screwdrivers will be one of the best investments you make.

Personally for Rolex models, I have only ever used the 1.2mm screwdriver but I have a 1.6mm as well.

Excellent quality, unsurpassed.

Chris

Kerbus

Renowned Member
16/3/06
FL
I'm interested. I plan on getting a good set sooner or later. I bought some Jules Borel catalogs and they reimburse the cost with a couple of coupons. If they haven't expired, maybe I should look into using them towards the screwdrivers. If not, yes, Ofrei is great and I've also seen them on Ebay.

offshore

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
17/3/06
Hey- Before anyone gets too carried away with Bergeon, maybe you need to read this!

http://nawcc-mb.infopop.cc/groupee/foru ... 4796025672

I am a great advocate of good tools, screwdrivers in particular, and have a set of Bergeon, which I love.
But this posted recently, makes me wonder about "sources", or maybe what is recently being offered.
I wish I had an answer as to something as an alternative- I don't- but at least someone laying down good $$ should be aware of a cross section of thoughts.
FYI
offshore

Wyvern

13/4/06
You really can't go wrong with Bergeon Screwdrivers, I bought the 9 piece set From Jules Borel about three months ago for $90. They are far better than the cheap set I was using prior. I highly recommend.

sevomd

Renowned Member
31/3/06
Which size screwdriverws would I use the most when I'm changing straps on Pams?

Eddy

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
that is a whole lot of screw...stll dont need it here...but enjoy if you love to work on you watches..:):D:D