• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Should marijuana be legalized?

smokiedabong

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/8/12
I won't even waste time on why smokiedabongs POV is laughable.

Well, it kind of is if you light a blunt and review it, but can't be wrong either cause it's my reasoning and I'm never wrong :biglaugh:

A lot more laughable is the reasoning that it should be illegal to stop consumption cause people shouldn't be smoking it. How well that works out for you? With over 1.5 trillion dollars spent every single year, over 1.5 million arrests, numerous murders, hospitalizations cause of the lack of QC control and gang activity, U.S. is still the biggest consumer in the world, the parentage of consumers is twice as big than in Netherlands where it is legal, taxed and there are no crimes because of it, or trillions wasted to stop it. But I guess there are a lot of sheeps pastored by big corporation propaganda, like the Private Prisons Corporations , Alcohol and Beer Companies, Pharmaceutical Corporations and Police Unions

C5000

29/6/12
I think a good deal of this is religious agenda cloaked in "health" or "collective good" or some other label. Separate church from state, and the perspective changes.

I was raised to believe it was bad/evil by those people, who had never tried it. There is a time and place for it....the human is such an anxious animal.

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Seen how dumb people are when they smoke it.

I think most of them were dumb right out of the gate. Some people are quite brilliant on it. Many creative people use marijuana to channel and increase their creativity (So i've heard :whistle:) So many famous artists, singers, writers, etc. I won't even start to name them.

Google "famous marijuana smokers", you'll be surprised how many of the worlds most influential people use cannabis.

That's the President of the United States, by the way. :whistle:

obama_youth_04.jpg

Now, who are the 15 people that want to put people in jail for appreciating one of the greatest gifts God has ever given to mankind? :picard: :mob:

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
I guess yes, it should be legalized for medical and recreational use. At least medical cannabis has really positive health benefits, which is why its prescribed in many states that have legalized it medically. If you need my recommendations, here is best CBD oil that money can buy . I'm insomatic and use it effectively for about a year. No side effects at all

man this thread was more than 7 years old.

Reactions: DaleM

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Yes. It's a plant. I should be able to plant a seed and grow a plant without the intervention of the Gov't.

So is white snakeroot. Dumb argument. Better to compare the problems with drinking and its negative societal effects. More.research is needed but I support stoners and the choice adults make that do not hurt others.

Last edited:

efajri

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/10/16
Midwest CONUS
This thread is way outdated as many US states had legalized weed for medical and recreational.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Abe Fromen

Certified
10/12/15
Canada
It's legal in Canada and while I don't use, people I know who do prefer to use their old dealers because (a) better price (b) better products (c) they don't get put on any gov't list.
For what it's worth, the sky hasn't yet fallen here.

GregB

Known Member
25/1/20
Canada, eh!
In Canada, we legalized pot for recreational use on October 18, 2018. From my point of view it was a non-event and most Canadians I speak with on the subject agree that it was politically motivated rather than public interest. As to the original question that started this thread, I see no reason to legalize it. Decriminalize it - sure. Continue providing medical sources - yes.

Reactions: efajri

Bbee001

Horology Curious
1/7/20
I think it's a bad idea to legalize marijuana. It will affect the population and not for the better. The only thing allowed is the so-called "medical marijuana" but it must be sold very strictly and only with a doctor's referral.

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Woo hoo! My business just got a license to open a recreational dispensary and grow facility! Two years and lots of money and finally we have the green light!

yes. It should be legal and modestly regulated.

warchman29

Horology Curious
16/8/16
waiting for them to "green" light it in NY so i can farm on the side. Crazy the amt. of tax revenue they would generate and still cant get out of their own way (politicians) and morality - aghast!