• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What do you do for a living? I'll go first.

Bigshooter

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
I'm a car salesman...... yes its true.

(what do I have to do to earn your business today sir?)

Yep..... said that about a million times.

DrmMaster

Banned
2/1/06
what about,,,......

72 pinto wagon........398,000 miles

you say.....Exellent choice sir we just got this trade...We just changed the factory break in oil,..All it needs now, is a new owner to help finish breaking her in....

A deal at any price! :shock: :D

rmoorez

Known Member
6/4/06
Bigshooter, nothiing wrong with that as long as you enjoy what you're doing. For me, I'm the Environmental, Safety, Radiation and Quality Manager for a Government contrator. Our job is to characterize, and clean up the areas contaminated by nuclear explosions. I bet I've said, "you can correct ignorance, but not stupidity" a million times.

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
DrmMaster said:
what about,,,......

72 pinto wagon........398,000 miles

you say.....Exellent choice sir we just got this trade...We just changed the factory break in oil,..All it needs now, is a new owner to help finish breaking her in....

A deal at any price! :shock: :D

And owned by an elderly couple that always kept her in the garage and changed the oil religiously.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
oh crap, a car salesman with a fake watch. lol. i build aircraft, and custom cars. all that chip foose stuff. more cars and fake watches. who would have guessed? imagine that. as far as what do you have to do to earn my buisness? thats easy, invoice and half of the hold back on that silver e 55 amg and i will right you a check right now!

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
hk45ca said:
oh crap, a car salesman with a fake watch. lol. i build aircraft, and custom cars. all that chip foose stuff. more cars and fake watches. who would have guessed? imagine that. as far as what do you have to do to earn my buisness? thats easy, invoice and half of the hold back on that silver e 55 amg and i will right you a check right now!

Invoice and half the holdback ! Now theres a guy thats bought a few cars in his day, your the customer I dread the most ! LOL

Actually I don't wear my rep watches to work very often because its such a cliche, some of my co-workers wear the worst reps around though but I've only ever helped one other guy obtain a really good rep, don't want to get anything started, I'll just let them wear the obvious stuff and I'll stick to the good stuff.

erd04056

Renowned Member
2/4/06
Telecommunications Installation for phone companies nationwide. I travel so much, that I sold my house I had owned for 14 years and live fulltime in a 40' Carriage fifthwheel. Pulling it with a C-4500 Kodiak 4X4. Now I am truely "trailer trash" :lol:

DrmMaster

Banned
2/1/06
erd04056 said:
Telecommunications Installation for phone companies nationwide. I travel so much, that I sold my house I had owned for 14 years and live fulltime in a 40' Carriage fifthwheel. Pulling it with a C-4500 Kodiak 4X4. Now I am truely "trailer trash" :lol:

So your in a trailor right now?....

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Full time student, part time driver :p

EDIT: Like those wearing black suite, wearing a PAM Flyback 212 and driving a Beemer M5. :lol: I am just joking guys!!! However really, I work for those rich assh*le who needs a driver for their weekend trip.

Bigshooter

Banned
15/3/06
Cucumber_Jones said:
Dumb question but what it the "hold-back"?

Hold back is money that the manufacturer "holds back" in reserve for the car dealer on each vehicle that doesn't show on the invoice, so lets say for example a car has a $1000.00 in holdback and I sell the car to you at $500.00 over invoice, my actual profit is $1500.00 because I made $500.00 over invoice plus my dealer holdback from the manufacturer.

Tink131

16/3/06
I work for a large chain jewelry store part-time and free load off my husband full-time!! :lol: He is a self employed Broker/Financial Advisor. I basically work for the benefits, full-time bennies for part-time hours- very good deal, saves us tons of $$$$$.

Repmaniac

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
15/3/06
Lord of the barnyard :shock:

In my off-time, I'm a traffic engineer.

Goofy

Known Member
16/3/06
Subcontract Administrator here - I get to spend money for a living.... [smilie=walk.gif] Lucky not my money.

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
Sales Rep in the grocery industry. I negotiate with the buyers.

Let me know if you need anything on sale next week. lol

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
Bigshooter said:
hk45ca said:

Invoice and half the holdback ! Now theres a guy thats bought a few cars in his day, your the customer I dread the most ! LOL

Actually I don't wear my rep watches to work very often because its such a cliche, some of my co-workers wear the worst reps around though but I've only ever helped one other guy obtain a really good rep, don't want to get anything started, I'll just let them wear the obvious stuff and I'll stick to the good stuff.
generaly i go strait for the sr sales mgr and skip the salesman, then after we settle the money he will have the lowest salesman for the month so far write the paperwork. if the finance mgr is a freind of mine i will let him finance the car so he will get his part also. if the intrest is too high i will let it ride about 90 days then i will re fi at my cu. since i build cars i know most of the people at the dealerships where i live. i'm sure you know the drill. maybe we are educating some people here. lol

DrmMaster

Banned
2/1/06
DID SOMEONE SAY M5?

DSC00062.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Yeah me! Not that M5, the newer one. This place is like Hong Kong... Full of rich influential people that can afford to have $100 bill as his daily cigar.

DrmMaster

Banned
2/1/06
Thats what i call my BMW....But that only after i pry it out of my wifes hands...LOL...

As you see in the pic,....my work van parked in the yard....I spend most of my time there...As i own/operate...a small business.... 8)