• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Uber mega ultimate 2xRare watches

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
Is anyone else getting burnt out on the overuse of rare in descriptions and sales threads? I guess there’s not much of a point to this except to complain and say that I miss the days where I could browse sales threads without seeing the word rare on 3/4 of the listings.

Reactions: KOT1917

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
This could be because the raids and the end of some factories make these watches in deed rare to get ;-)

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
Well I clicked in here because I saw 'rare' in the title so I guess that's the aim of the sellers too, click bait ;)

I guess it probably just adds to the allure of a particular watch model, makes it more desirable :eek:hwell:

It actually deters me a little bit. It makes me think that the seller has an inflated opinion of the piece, but that’s just me.

(In general) I don’t buy into the raid stuff. That’s always happening and is commonplace. Just because a factory is raided doesn’t make a watch rare. If there were only 100 of the watch ever created, then sure, it’s rare. All of those watches being pumped out of factories are common watches that will make max money for the efforts to set up tooling. That means there’s going to be a bunch of that model floating around (Albeit at various levels of quality).

Maybe I’m the equivalent of the old guy yelling “Stay off my grass” to kids.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I though the raids of 2021 were the most severe, but you've been around alot longer than me so I shall defer to your wisdom on that one.

I myself would love some of the old school HFactory Pam's, so would consider them rare. Like the TC? But all depends on what you're after I guess, different strokes for different folks.

When I think of an old man shouting I think of the below legend :thumbsup:

zzNpc2.gif

Last edited:

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
I fully support. It seems that any panerai not sold by TD is now commonly referred to as "rare".

In general, it is not so important for me what the seller says (although a little annoying), the main thing is that the price reflects the "rarity" of a particular instance.

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
I purposely don’t put “rare” in the title. It might just attract more newbies to deal with.

If it is indeed a hard to find piece the members I would rather do business with would know right away anyways.

I think it’s similar to people who only put a rolex model number in the title, not “HULK for sale!”

Last edited: