• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Show me your favorite guitars

Pastalini13

25/5/20
Minnesota
I'll start. Here's my 1962 stratocaster built by me (my buddy built the neck).

I routed the body from 2 pieces of solid alder. The neck was finished in a vintage tint nitro with a replica 69s logo. Body finished in Sonic blue nitro with a clear coat so it greens as it ages. Vintage spec hardware, mint green pickguard, and fender custom shop Texas specials from the 90s.
d6f1dd007c359fe8fc319aee4172461d.jpg

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blackieray

Lespaulcustom5150

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/12/20
Cheshire UK
Out of my top 5 guitars.
My favourite is my Karl Sandoval polka dot vee signed by Randy Rhoads Mother.
2nd my self build Kramer 5150 signed by EVH
3rd 1989 H&S custom shop Ibanez Sabre with Fernandez sustainer
4th Zakk Wylde LP custom
5th Ibanez UV 777

mephex

Horology Curious
6/5/22
How Squire managed to get the build quality with a roasted maple neck on contemporary range is beyond me. The Strat even has a Floyd Rose... Crazy.

Tribefan

15/11/19
My No 1. custom built by Damian Probett in the UK almost 10 years ago now. This is the only model he built and keeps getting better with age.
zOQWRP.jpg

ombre

So Young...So Naive
Supporter
Certified
13/5/16
Out of my top 5 guitars.
My favourite is my Karl Sandoval polka dot vee signed by Randy Rhoads Mother.
2nd my self build Kramer 5150 signed by EVH
3rd 1989 H&S custom shop Ibanez Sabre with Fernandez sustainer
4th Zakk Wylde LP custom
5th Ibanez UV 777
This is amazing. Music definitely lost Randy too soon.

Reactions: Lespaulcustom5150

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Before building watches, I used to be a (self-taught, noob) luthier around 10 years ago. I could make bodies and necks.

I was absolutely addicted to Fender Stratocaster, and I used to collect rare and oddball Strats (e.g., Made in USA Squier, Iron Maiden CIJ Strat, Richie Sambora CIJ Strat, Made in Korea Standard Strat, E2 serial CBS headstock Strat, Extrad MIJ strats, etc).
But i have since sold most of them to fund my Rollie addiction and watchmaking tools.

If i could still find those pics, I will upload them here.

mclarenlt

6/7/22
Have a 2012 Les Paul Traditional in Lightburst. Absolute beauty... if only I hadn't dropped it and snapped the headstock off.
Also a Billie Joe Armstrong LP Jr in white.

Lespaulcustom5150

1/12/20
Cheshire UK
I literally just watched a RR documentary on Amazon last night.
I’ve not seen some of it. The producer got permission from Ron Sobol who originally sold the book/DVD combo. This one supposedly has some new interviews with different people but footage-wise, it's all from Ron Sobol. O$bourne and Rhoads families didn't want to be involved and would not give permission for use of audio/video. He was able use QR stuff because neither has control over any of that stuff.

Lespaulcustom5150

1/12/20
Cheshire UK
I literally just watched a RR documentary on Amazon last night.
I’ve not seen it yet. The producer got permission from Ron Sobol who originally sold the book/DVD combo. This one supposedly has some new interviews with different people but footage-wise, it's all from Ron Sobol. Osbourne and Rhoads families didn't want to be involved and would not give permission for use of audio/video. He was able use QR stuff because neither has control over any of that stuff