• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Canada post problem?

Deadbear77

I'm Pretty Popular
7/6/11
Bought a watch from a member last week. Told me he would ship from US. So I bought it. Long story short he ended up sending it from Canada. Now tracking info still says accepted in Canada and it has been 7 days now.

Should I be worried or what? Priority international mail should be quicker than that right? Sead got me a package in 3 days from china. Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

templeton

19/11/11
Not necessarily. Cross border shipping takes a little longer. Two weeks is fairly normal from my experience. Having something couriered from China is a little different than having something sent via regular mail. Are you tracking it on Canada Post's website or USPS?

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
Yeah, I'd say that's concerning. You sent me a watch to the UK that got here quicker than that.

I wish you well my friend. Fingers crossed for you buddy.

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
Canadapost sucks. It would take longer for me to send a package to my sister who lives 4 houses down, then it would take me to send a package via FedEx or purolator to the moon!!!

Deadbear77

I'm Pretty Popular
7/6/11
Great. So who is to blame if I don't get it? If he would have told me he was using canada post I would have asked for a refund. I have heard nothing but bad stuff about them too.

templeton

19/11/11
Yeah, I'd say that's concerning. You sent me a watch to the UK that got here quicker than that.

I wish you well my friend. Fingers crossed for you buddy.

Well, it depends on how it was sent. As a frequent cross-border shipper and receiver between Canada and USA, I can tell you that via standard methods, it would be EXCEPTIONAL for it to arrive within one week. 10 days is pretty normal.

The tracking number should work on both Canada Post and USPS websites, so If you haven't already, try it both sites. Sometimes, once the item crosses the border, Canada Post stops updating, at which time the progress is picked up on USPS.com.

Good luck!

Deadbear77

I'm Pretty Popular
7/6/11
He told me to track it with the USPS site.

Thanks for the info guys. It was sent priority international.

pallan

11/1/11
I ship with Canada Post, and my parcels always make it to the US eventually, but at varying speeds. Sometimes a few days, sometimes a few weeks. Way overpriced shipping, and sometimes takes forever, but it should make it.

The seller lied in the first place though, so who knows what hes up to.

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
My experience with Canada Post has varied quite a bit. I wouldn't get worried yet.

Deadbear77

I'm Pretty Popular
7/6/11
I don't believe yet that it's some kinda funny stuff going on but I will post updates.

joegrimm

I'm Pretty Popular
27/10/10
if the tracking is showing that it was accepted in canada, that means it has been shipped. So i wouldnt worry about any funny stuff. All im saying is that their service is horrible and very slow to say the least. I still get some laughs when i look up a package that i recieved 6 months ago and the tracking is still showing "item out for delivery"

Deadbear77

I'm Pretty Popular
7/6/11
Good to hear bro. Makes me feel better.

templeton

19/11/11
Also glad to hear it arrived. I've noticed lately the tracking updates have been terrible when it comes to cross-border shipping. I'm waiting for a watch myself right now and tracking hasn't updated since it says it left the sorting facility in LA 5 days ago. Grrr.

Usually you could use the USPS tracking number to track items once they enter Canada - and visa-versa - but that hasn't been the case with my last two shipments. When the packages did eventually show up, the tracking number Canada Post was using was different from the USPS one, and hence the original tracking number became useless once it hits the border (as far as updates go, at least). Thought it might have just been an anomaly, but maybe it's just the way it is now.

But like frigpig says, Canada Post may be slow and frustrating sometimes, but usually pretty dependable.

Deadbear77

I'm Pretty Popular
7/6/11
Tracking info still says its in Canada. Lol

Sent from my iPad using My fingers

Santos09

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/4/12
How long tolk to get the watch I'm waiting for my watch 2 from which part of the states it came from

Santos09

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
13/4/12
It's faster to to a ER in canada and get see by a doctor

Deadbear77

I'm Pretty Popular
7/6/11
It was coming from Canada to the US, just over the lake. Shipped on June 7 arrived yesterday. Tracking info still has not updated.

Topcatz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
Canada
I have a package from Singapore and according to Singapore post, package despatcede from Singapore on Oct 16. Until now I can't find any information on Canada Post tracking system. On Singapore post it indicated it was despatched on Oct 16. Seems like Canada Post is slow. Hope nothing happened to the package.