• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Scam of the Year 2021 on EBay

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
I don't think anyone with $130k is stupid enough to buy these thankfully!

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
It’s still up on eBay. I like the single photo, very detailed and clearly shows how they’re all gen

Last edited:

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
It’s still up on eBay. I like the single photo, very detailed and clearly shows how they’re all gen

I continue to report and EBay has done nonething.

What is more than surprising EBay has the new policy that watches priced above a certain $ amount are guaranteed to be gen and they are letting the seller sell $130,000 of rep watches.

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas

What is more than surprising EBay has the new policy that watches priced above a certain $ amount are guaranteed to be gen and they are letting the seller sell $130,000 of rep watches.

Amazing right?! I guess par for course for the bay

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Amazing right?! I guess par for course for the bay

He is also selling a Seiko watch and some silver coins in his other 2 listings.

How does one pay for $130,000 for seven watches on EBay, PayPal seems out of realm as most people don't have that the amount for a credit card transaction for their account credit card limit.

iotrap

19/3/14

There are two key points to eBay's Authentication Policy: 1) The final sale price is over $2000 and 2) The item is NOT customized.

Note that if the seller marks the auction as "Customized: YES" it will NOT get sent to authentication. They do not make this point clear so basically a seller can sell rep and bypass the authentication. Buyer Beware!

Reactions: mech500