• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone here from Chicago??

the_CEO

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/3/06
Allergic to Cigar Smoke? Poor child. We must have you innoculated before the meet and geret then! We're both Northsiders so I can refer you to someone great. Namely myself.

This is really shaping up to be a great idea. Let's do this first (Can you tell that I'm used to being the Czar on all projects?), let's put together an organization committee for this idea. We'll have to run this by the head honchos of this forum so that we have thier blessings, but here's what we'll need.

- A person to handle spreading the word on this and other like minded forums
- Someone to handle liason work and answer questions concerning this event
- Someone to maintain a list of people who will attend and help greet them at the door or guide them to our section of the lounge/restaurant.
- I'll handle the heavy work (contacting lounge/restaurant, organizing event, food and beverage, ogling Rek001 when she shows up, you know, the usual.)

I can make this as formal or relaxed as you want. However, heed my words carefully "Those who fail to plan, plan to fail" Me? I like swank. NoMi is my type of place but the Sofitel is excellent. A younger atmosphere.

If we want to really organize this, PM me and let's get a small committee together. I'll map everything out and assign small tasks for everyone. It's going to be fun.

Maverick

24/3/06
Swank is good. I may have to bring the old Tux out of moth balls. Lets make it happen. 8)

rek001

16/3/06
My 2 cents, if I may-

Going swank, the restaurant staff won't allow us to "linger" as long as we would like, a place like NoMi has seatings and they hustle you along after awhile. On a Saturday evening the place is very busy. I don't think that's a comfortable environment for a GTG.

Personally I'd like something more casual, with a private room. Last time we tried to organize a GTG, we were going to do it on a Saturday early evening, prime time, hard to find a place downtown where we could take our time.

I finally suggested Maggiano's in River North, it's not at all luxe but the food is decent, very easy access from expressway, and we could have a room for 4 hours, for about $30 per person, not including drinks.

the_CEO

22/3/06
Hi Rek001

Thanks for the input. I'm going to consider it heavily. Perhaps I can consider you heavily at the event? For now, that's neither here nor there.

Allow me to offer rebuttal to your suggestions; leaning toward an eating eastablishment probably would not be condusive to a "watches and cigars" event. I've contacted my event planner and she agrees. In my humble opinion, a restaurant would not offer us the opportunity to linger around and chat and get to know one another. A restaurant would want us to order food, eat and get out of there with as little smoke as possible. While a lounge would allow us to stand and wander as long as the anti-prohibition stance of much drinking, smoking and ballyhooing be exercised to it's fullest extent. I've actually rented rooms at NoMi, Sofitel and The Signature Room to name a few. It's possible to find great space, it's a cost issue that concerns me. I'd like to try my hardest to keep the costs to a minimum to make this event free for our esteemed forum members.

Know this, Rek001, that I am putting together a small committee now and I invite you to join us in making this happen. I'm so enthralled by the chance of meeting all of you (and realizing that some of you may not smoke) I'm also considering the Pleasant Home in Oak Park so that we enjoy the outdoors. Feel free to PM for more details as they happen.

Maverick

24/3/06
Holiday weekend is over. Let's get going with the palnning. This will be the best event ever.

CEO , repliking let's keep this ball rolling and make it happen!!!!

Maverick :D

Maverick

24/3/06
Greeting Evan. Things have been a little quiet on this thread the last few days. I think the CEO must be recovering from a wild Easther weekend party. :D . I hope we can get plans going again for the big Chicago get together.

Maverick

Maverick

24/3/06
Maverick, I am going to be in Chicago for the first time this weekend. Any recommendations for finding storefronts or street dealers selling decent reps. downtown?
[/quote]

Sorry Dude old Maxwell Street is gone. But, if you have some time we might get a couple folks together at a downtown bar for a few drinks and share some rep stories. Maverick

Hey folks, and ideas for our friend, or willing to get together?

Maverick

rek001

16/3/06
I don't think there are any areas in Chicago where one can find decent reps, not even in Chinatown.

evan

31/3/06
It's true. The place I found a rep out in Chicagoland was at a flea market. Consequently it was a pretty good DJ so I picked it up. A get together sounds great to me. If we have a lot of suburbanites and less city dwellers a restaurant in the burbs might be better, especially if we all want to linger. I have some suggestions in the Naperville/Oakbrook/Glen Ellyn area. Can't wait

evan

31/3/06
Sounds good to me. Let's do it. Who is going to organize it? Been decided yet?

TripleHD

Renowned Member
15/3/06
Add one more - West Loop - Chicago. As for reps being sold in the City - there's always a guy, once in a while, selling some rep bags right outside of Union Station. Other than that - flea market. Haven't been to one in years and can;t imagine the quality being any better than what is sold on Canal Street in NYC.

Maverick

24/3/06
The Big Chicago Get Toghther

WOW, we have had a lot of great responses to the Chicago area get together. I will be working with Repliking from RWI to put this together. I am looking for a nice restaraunt with a room where we can linger, have a few adult beverages, and show off our collections. Since we have folks from far north suburbs, far south, far west, and city. If you grab a map and draw a line from Crystal Lake to Oak Lawn and then draw a line from Northbrook to Joliet. They cross right in my neck of the woods. Oak Park. I will be talking to some of the local establisments, to see what kind of a deal we can put together. I want those who are so inclined to feel comfotable firing up a fine Stogie. I am working on a live band to keep the cool factor up a few notches. Any member who has a piece that is not getting much wrist time should PM me and we will make it a door prize. Make sure you clean and polish your beauties, and put toghter a real nice presentation. Come with all your stories of the great deals, the lost deals, even your favorite TTK stories.

Right now I am looking at Friday May 19th, let me know if other dates look better. Cocktails at 7pm, dinner at 8pm.

Times and dates are flexible and just give us a starting point.

THIS IS LESS THAN A MONTH AWAY SO TALK IT UP, INVITE YOU REP FRIENDS AND REP WANNA BEES.

I will be looking for a head count next week.

I will be providing professional 8X10 glossy shots of the group to each member who attends!

We can make this a real night to remember.

As for the strippers, not my area, but shit happens :whistling:

Keep the excitement going and PM me any time.

Maverick

rek001

16/3/06
Starting to take shape, Oak Park, eh?
Fine with me, are you thinking of the Pleasant Home?
That's what the ceo suggested recently.

Maverick

24/3/06
The Party

I will check out the Pleasent home among others.

I have been posting on the other boards and we are getting a really good response. I am getting very pumped about this party!!!

I will keep you guys posted as things keep moving along.

Maverick

Sdanan

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
27/10/19
I can’t make money with bitcoin

Last edited:

cpd2186

Runway Model
Supporter
5/4/16
Wow.... Pulling out a 14 year old thread to get your posts.....