• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Battywatches.com review

thomasharding99

4/9/20
New England, USA
I originally posted a negative experience with battywatches.com, but they have since made things right, and I am now pleased.

Last edited:

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Buyer beware. They have an extensive selection on their website, but once you order and pay, they say it is out of stock and try to get you to take something you don't want. STAY AWAY! They will not return your money. The email address they use is [email protected]

Only a newb would fall for that scam! Though the TDs here have similar issues for time to time.

Last edited:

Phoenixboy

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/19
Devon
What were you expecting??
Knock off luxury watches , high quality!!
Cheap tack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I should have researched on this forum first. But did not look for forums until I got scammed. Lesson learned. Really did not want a replica, but really liked the looks of the Proplof, so took a chance.

Yeah, it’s a crappy way to learn a lesson, but sadly not uncommon.

And just to compound your misery... the Ploprof rep hasn’t been made for a few years now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
I should have researched on this forum first. But did not look for forums until I got scammed. Lesson learned. Really did not want a replica, but really liked the looks of the Proplof, so took a chance.

Read around a bit and expect a little ribbing, you are not the only one who has had a similar experience. There are some really amazing pieces and if I could offer one suggestion is to get the Chinese movements serviced shortly after you get the watch. Years of sneaky enjoyment.

Last edited:

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
They keep offering to send something else, and probably would if I give in, but I wont. I would rather lose the money, put out info on them, so they have to use the money to change their website name etc, then take some crap.

I suspect your negative review is going to have exactly zero impact on them, certainly a lot less than you're imagining.

Look, the Ploppy isn't available anymore (if that's what you wanted) so just change your selection for another watch; there's no need to be a pointless martyr. Then, if you actually get the watch, Brucie Bonus!

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
They keep sending pictures of what is available. Same 4-5 watches. All look like crap. Not going to take any of them.

Ahhhh, fair enough. I thought they were at least pretending to offer a massive selection of watches like a TD.

Last edited:

thomasharding99

4/9/20
New England, USA
I suspect your negative review is going to have exactly zero impact on them, certainly a lot less than you're imagining.

Look, the Ploppy isn't available anymore (if that's what you wanted) so just change your selection for another watch; there's no need to be a pointless martyr. Then, if you actually get the watch, Brucie Bonus!

Mission accomplished :) Not stuck with a crappy watch, BONUS!

Reactions: GingerBubba