• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mirotime Review after 3 watch purchases (Spoiler: AVOID)

rclee

Looking Around
22/2/20
Hi Everyone,

I just want to provide my experience with Mirotime after purchasing three watches from them. Now before I get into it, I realize that there are a lot of "I should have known better" moments here, and I've certainly learned from my mistakes so go easy on the flaming. I'm relatively new to the replica watch world, and kind of jumped in head first without doing much research as to what's best-practice. My fault, I know. Regardless, I'd like to share my experience in case others have seen this vendor and were curious.

The first watch I ordered was a Noob V3 Daytona 116500LN. I messaged Mirotime on WhatsApp, and that's where all communication was handled. This transaction went relatively smoothly, with one hiccup. The first watch they sent me to QC looked like it had a crooked 9 o'clock marker. They agreed that it looked a bit wonky, so they got a new one. Great. The sent new QC photos in the fashion you would expect, white gloves, sticker on the table with my name on it, photos and video. I asked for a timegrapher photo, and they said ok... but they couldn't guarantee water resistance. Confused, I said ok. The next photos they sent me were of the watch with the caseback removed! Clearly there was a miscommunication. I decided to move forward anyway even feeling a bit uneasy that it was opened, but the watch arrived quickly and is the best of the 3 I've purchased. It's runs roughly +10 sec per day by my estimate. Experience here was ok.

The next watch I ordered was an Omega Seamaster PO GMT Deep Black VSF. They got the watch quickly and again sent QC photos and video albeit low quality, but this time no name tag. Given I had a decent experience with the Daytona, I approved, and they shipped. At this point, I overlooked a few things. I didn't ask for a timegrapher photo, and I ignored the fact that they didn't have anything to indicate that it was actually the watch they were sending me vs some generic video that was shot. The watch arrived, but it wasn't until a few days later that I noticed a couple things. The watch was losing over 2 min per day, and would randomly loose about 20 min from time to time. Also, I noticed that the bezel was misaligned. By the time I had noticed these things, I had already placed an order for the third watch.

The third watch I purchased was an IWC 3878-02 Spitfire from V6F. Now here's where the real trouble starts. First, they send me photos of a watch, but tell me there's a problem with the clasp and said they're going to get a new one. A few days later they send me photos again, but they are the same photos they sent the first time, except with a few additional. Since I thought they were replacing the watch, I was confused. The told me the only replaced the clasp. Interesting, but ok. This time, it's just low quality photos. No name tag, no video, no timegrapher (again). Based on what I saw, I approved and they sent the watch. Today I received it, and immediately noticed that this watch has a 30 minute chronograph instead of a 60. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the V6F had a true 60min timer, whereas the ZF has only a 30. This is the entire reason why I wanted the V6F over the ZF. I contacted Mirotime, and they insist that it is a V6F. They asked for a video proving that it's a 30 minute timer, so I sent it. They still insist that it's a V6F, but I don't believe that to be true.

In our WhatsApp conversation today, I also mentioned all of the other issues I had with the previous purchases. They told me that there's nothing wrong with the Daytona, and that opening the case back has no effect, despite them earlier saying that they can't guarantee water resistance if they do. They told me that the crooked bezel on the PO was a common problem, and that I'd just have to find a watchsmith to adjust the timing of the watch. Had they bothered to check the timing before sending it, this wouldn't even be an issue. Finally, the IWC they insist is still a V6F, despite having a 30 min chrono instead of a 60. I really don't know what to make of this. Either I'm wrong or they're lying.

All in all, it seems like my experience progressively got worse and worse with them, and they became lazier and lazier with their QC process. Regretfully, my trust was misplaced. I should probably have pressed for better pics and timegrapher photos. At this point, I would not recommend you purchase anything from Mirotime. It's really luck of the draw with these guys. You might have an OK experience, or you might get a watch from a completely different factory from the one you asked for.

Also, they only take PayPal Gift as payment. Apparently, another red flag.

This is my first post, but I hope someone finds this helpful. I think going forward, I'll rely solely on trusted dealers. After all, they must be trusted for a reason. Maybe some of the issues I had are commonplace in this industry, but after purchasing three watches from them, I'm left with a poor impression at the end.

Reactions: pip72

rclee

Looking Around
22/2/20
Also, be aware that Mirotime has told me that if I posted here I'd be contradicted and that this would somehow turn into an advertisement for them. Believe what you want I suppose?

pip72

21/2/19
I bought a VSF Omega Seamaster no time to die and the Bezel was totally misaligned also Miro said it was Titanium and totally lied to me. He sent me QC pictures from a totally different watch. I think he gets factory rejects and sells them for premium prices.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
By using a Non trusted dealer (not blaming you) you of course run into the risk of having such issues hard to resolve.

They are not a TD here for a reason, despite them wanting to be. This post clearly highlight this, being a TD is not only being able to access the rep market, a lot of Chinese people can do that, but it's also taking care of issues before & after shipping.

You can count yourself lucky you got anything, as going the non TD route is almost always the recipe for money disappearing without getting anything.

pip72

21/2/19
Puretime is the best they give you straight and honest answers and the shipping is fast and every watch I have purchased from them is excellent no issues.

Reactions: JNSD

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
By using a Non trusted dealer (not blaming you) you of course run into the risk of having such issues hard to resolve.

They are not a TD here for a reason, despite them wanting to be. This post clearly highlight this, being a TD is not only being able to access the rep market, a lot of Chinese people can do that, but it's also taking care of issues before & after shipping.

You can count yourself lucky you got anything, as going the non TD route is almost always the recipe for money disappearing without getting anything.

Haha But they are saying they will be td Here on rwi soon :)
6fc1f2fdd7b756bf47dc6680c83bb9a7.jpg

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

pip72

21/2/19
Hi Everyone,

I just want to provide my experience with Mirotime after purchasing three watches from them. Now before I get into it, I realize that there are a lot of "I should have known better" moments here, and I've certainly learned from my mistakes so go easy on the flaming. I'm relatively new to the replica watch world, and kind of jumped in head first without doing much research as to what's best-practice. My fault, I know. Regardless, I'd like to share my experience in case others have seen this vendor and were curious.

The first watch I ordered was a Noob V3 Daytona 116500LN. I messaged Mirotime on WhatsApp, and that's where all communication was handled. This transaction went relatively smoothly, with one hiccup. The first watch they sent me to QC looked like it had a crooked 9 o'clock marker. They agreed that it looked a bit wonky, so they got a new one. Great. The sent new QC photos in the fashion you would expect, white gloves, sticker on the table with my name on it, photos and video. I asked for a timegrapher photo, and they said ok... but they couldn't guarantee water resistance. Confused, I said ok. The next photos they sent me were of the watch with the caseback removed! Clearly there was a miscommunication. I decided to move forward anyway even feeling a bit uneasy that it was opened, but the watch arrived quickly and is the best of the 3 I've purchased. It's runs roughly +10 sec per day by my estimate. Experience here was ok.

The next watch I ordered was an Omega Seamaster PO GMT Deep Black VSF. They got the watch quickly and again sent QC photos and video albeit low quality, but this time no name tag. Given I had a decent experience with the Daytona, I approved, and they shipped. At this point, I overlooked a few things. I didn't ask for a timegrapher photo, and I ignored the fact that they didn't have anything to indicate that it was actually the watch they were sending me vs some generic video that was shot. The watch arrived, but it wasn't until a few days later that I noticed a couple things. The watch was losing over 2 min per day, and would randomly loose about 20 min from time to time. Also, I noticed that the bezel was misaligned. By the time I had noticed these things, I had already placed an order for the third watch.

The third watch I purchased was an IWC 3878-02 Spitfire from V6F. Now here's where the real trouble starts. First, they send me photos of a watch, but tell me there's a problem with the clasp and said they're going to get a new one. A few days later they send me photos again, but they are the same photos they sent the first time, except with a few additional. Since I thought they were replacing the watch, I was confused. The told me the only replaced the clasp. Interesting, but ok. This time, it's just low quality photos. No name tag, no video, no timegrapher (again). Based on what I saw, I approved and they sent the watch. Today I received it, and immediately noticed that this watch has a 30 minute chronograph instead of a 60. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the V6F had a true 60min timer, whereas the ZF has only a 30. This is the entire reason why I wanted the V6F over the ZF. I contacted Mirotime, and they insist that it is a V6F. They asked for a video proving that it's a 30 minute timer, so I sent it. They still insist that it's a V6F, but I don't believe that to be true.

In our WhatsApp conversation today, I also mentioned all of the other issues I had with the previous purchases. They told me that there's nothing wrong with the Daytona, and that opening the case back has no effect, despite them earlier saying that they can't guarantee water resistance if they do. They told me that the crooked bezel on the PO was a common problem, and that I'd just have to find a watchsmith to adjust the timing of the watch. Had they bothered to check the timing before sending it, this wouldn't even be an issue. Finally, the IWC they insist is still a V6F, despite having a 30 min chrono instead of a 60. I really don't know what to make of this. Either I'm wrong or they're lying.

All in all, it seems like my experience progressively got worse and worse with them, and they became lazier and lazier with their QC process. Regretfully, my trust was misplaced. I should probably have pressed for better pics and timegrapher photos. At this point, I would not recommend you purchase anything from Mirotime. It's really luck of the draw with these guys. You might have an OK experience, or you might get a watch from a completely different factory from the one you asked for.

Also, they only take PayPal Gift as payment. Apparently, another red flag.

This is my first post, but I hope someone finds this helpful. I think going forward, I'll rely solely on trusted dealers. After all, they must be trusted for a reason. Maybe some of the issues I had are commonplace in this industry, but after purchasing three watches from them, I'm left with a poor impression at the end.

Yep, I ran into the same sort of issues, Miro will lie to make a sale and lie about the QC pictures.

Salim96

Horology Curious
30/10/19
I was about to place an order with them, as they now advertise in Reptime that they got TD status.
I thought I would do my research, and I am glad I found this just in time

Rifleman

Looking Around
15/7/20
Hey everyone

I’m new to this so apologies if I’m approaching this in the wrong manner.

I’ve used Miro time before, first watch was great until it broke, was in the process of getting it ‘sorted’ but it’s gone missing in China.

Meanwhile I ordered a second watch and asked for a QC video. All I got was a generic video and thinking nothing of it I accepted it. The watch works well (so far anyway) but under a loop a couple hour markers are misaligned and so is the brand name. On the rear, through the clear case back, the rotor has what looks like finger prints or something similar distorting the shine.

This is reinforcing what I read somewhere above.. factory REJECTS!

He’s pretty much ignored me and the missing watch so I’m about £450 out of pocket

How can I go about sharing this as much as I can? I hate lack of integrity

Reactions: noobwatchman

noobwatchman

Looking Around
2/6/19
So is Miro a trusted dealer on here? I almost ordered from them and glad I came back here to check.

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17
So is Miro a trusted dealer on here? I almost ordered from them and glad I came back here to check.

Isn't it clear enough from this thread, besides the fact that they are not on the list ?

Of course they are not, and they are not recommended at all

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
They are saying over at Reptime that they are a TD on RWI ?

From my understandig, they have been granted TD status at RepGeek and they did a giveaway over reddit to celebrate.
No one ever said they had achieved TD status here or on RWG and Reptime does not give status to anyone since they don't have anyone to enforce some kind of validation.

Reactions: Glaude

Maro-JAPAN

Horology Curious
11/8/20
The dealers who can't be WRI TD are still somehow at fault for them.
I am glad to be a member of WRI. I don't have to throw money away.
Thank you for the informative post and rigorous TD scrutiny.

dvandriesen

Looking Around
18/12/16
Damn I wish I would of checked here before my VSF kermit. Hopefully it arrives and works. I only went with them because of reptime promo they were doing.