• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ordered a Rolex Daydate 40 from Trusty Time

RolexDayt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/15
Hey guys,

I have been a member here since 2015, but I haven't posted anything the last years. For some reason all old posts have been deleted.

However..... I have just placed an order at Trusty Time, and I would like to share this journey with you.... The choice is made on a: Rolex Daydate 40 (228239), white gold (stainless steel), with an Olive Green Dial!

In my opinion Noob is making better Daydates than BP, but..... in this case the BP had a much better olive green dial color. Noob's dial in the colour green is too much off, because it is too bright. Therefore the choice has fallen on a BP. To be honest, I do not like the day font on the BP, so if you guys have tips about replacing it for e.g. a Noob's day plate, let me know.

I am waiting for the QC pics; when I have them, I'll share them with you.

The link to the model: https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.p...=16924&zenid=13fce83f2bdf03c38fe3385c6e4fe92a

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
Hey guys,

I have been a member here since 2015, but I haven't posted anything the last years. For some reason all old posts have been deleted.

However..... I have just placed an order at Trusty Time, and I would like to share this journey with you.... The choice is made on a: Rolex Daydate 40 (228239), white gold (stainless steel), with an Olive Green Dial!

In my opinion Noob is making better Daydates than BP, but..... in this case the BP had a much better olive green dial color. Noob's dial in the colour green is too much off, because it is too bright. Therefore the choice has fallen on a BP. To be honest, I do not like the day font on the BP, so if you guys have tips about replacing it for e.g. a Noob's day plate, let me know.

I am waiting for the QC pics; when I have them, I'll share them with you.

The link to the model: https://www.trustytime02.cc/index.p...=16924&zenid=13fce83f2bdf03c38fe3385c6e4fe92a

sounds like a pretty watch, hope all goes well and you are happy with it. You do know that its not within RWI regulations to share your QC pics for general interest as these are intended for your personal use......... sharing here is only if you have a particular issue and you want an opinion from one of the experts here. At least that is my interpretation, if I am wrong apologies in advance. All the best and merry christmas.

RolexDayt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/15
sounds like a pretty watch, hope all goes well and you are happy with it. You do know that its not within RWI regulations to share your QC pics for general interest as these are intended for your personal use......... sharing here is only if you have a particular issue and you want an opinion from one of the experts here. At least that is my interpretation, if I am wrong apologies in advance. All the best and merry christmas.

Mate, thanks. I know, I wouldn't share the QC pics before giving it a GL. However, I gave it today a GL. This was the 2nd watch, since I had to give the first proposed one a RL, because of some misalignments. It will be shipped asap; I'll keep ya up to date. Cheers!

Last edited:

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
Mate, thanks. I know, I wouldn't share the QC pics before giving it a GL. However, I gave it today a GL. This was the 2nd watch, since I had to give the first proposed one a RL, because of some misalignments. It will be shipped asap; I'll keep ya up to date. Cheers!

cool, hope it arrives with you soon.

fettersack111

Known Member
13/1/19
Germany
could you post some pics when you get it! Im really interested in the same watch! Also I just saw that the BP version was update more recently than the noob... any thoughts on that? I know DD doesn't get much attention here :/