• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Time Watches - Credit Card Fraud - A Cautionary Tale

coopertown121

Looking Around
31/7/15
All, I'm writing to warn you all now about In Time watches. Back a few months ago in June, I was looking to purchase a watch from In Time. I was going to purchase through their website using a Burner Card Service and burner Cards / masked cards. If you're not using these now... My post will illustrate just how valuable this service is.

Well In Time tried to overcharge me, the card was originally set up with a purchase limit set to what they had quoted me + shipping. They tried to charge more, so the card was declined. After that, I deactivated the card so they couldn't charge it again.

Since that time, numerous other individuals based in the Middle East have tried to use that very same card. The original charge by In Time was done by a dbaezcommunications.site, when you do a whois on them they are based out of UAE / London.

whois daezcommunications.site

% IANA WHOIS server
% for more information on IANA, visit http://www.iana.org
% This query returned 1 object
refer: whois.nic.site
domain: SITE
organisation: DotSite Inc.
address: F/19, BC1, Ras Al Khaimah FTZ
address: P.O Box # 16113, Ras Al Khaimah - 16113.
address: United Arab Emirates
name: Shweta Sahjwani
organisation: DotSite, Inc
address: F/19, BC1, Ras Al Khaimah FTZ
address: P.O Box # 16113, Ras Al Khaimah - 16113.
address: United Arab Emirates
phone: +91.2230797500x8522
fax-no: +91.2230797508
e-mail: [email protected]
name: CTO
organisation: CentralNic
address: 35-39 Moorgate
address: London EC2R 6AR
address: United Kingdom
phone: +44.2033880600
fax-no: +44.2033880601
e-mail: [email protected]

nserver: A.NIC.SITE 194.169.218.61 2001:67c:13cc:0:0:0:1:61
nserver: B.NIC.SITE 185.24.64.61 2a04:2b00:13cc:0:0:0:1:61
nserver: C.NIC.SITE 185.38.99.5 2a02:e180:3:0:0:0:0:5
nserver: D.NIC.SITE 108.59.161.5 2a02:e180:4:0:0:0:0:5
ds-rdata: 51676 8 1 90DDBEEEB973B0F8719ED763FB6EEDE97C73ABF5
ds-rdata: 51676 8 2 883175F6F5C68EA81563B62D1B2B79B6A997D60DC6E20CC70AFD0CD6B7E82F62
whois: whois.nic.site
remarks: Registration information: http://www.radixregistry.com
created: 2015-03-06
changed: 2019-03-20
source: IANA

They either 1) tried to fraudulently charge my credit card or 2) were extremely careless with my credit card information allowing it to fall into the hands of other individuals who at this very minute are trying to rack up charges on a burner card that is not activated. They will reap what they have sewn. They can fuck off. Considering I never actually bought a replica watch, I never actually committed a crime myself. I'm considering sending all of this information to the FBI and letting them sort it out.

I get notifications of everything they are trying to do and from what country they are trying to do it. I've been a victim of fraud before. That's why I use a card masking service. I have different burner cards for everything I do online. If you want to protect yourselves from fraud, I highly suggest you make the switch to a burner card service. I never use an actual credit / debit card online, I only use burners. CYA. And I get that this was a risk in the first place and that's why you use western union... But masked cards are perfect for this. WU doesn't provide you with the anonymity you think it does.

I specifically use burner cards to protect myself from Fraud and to help entrap those who are trying to commit it.

Burner Card / Masked Card Services to name a few...
- Abine Blur
- Paypal
- SudoPay
- Privacy.com

So while I can't say that In Time was behind the fraud attempts, they are the point of failure that led to the Fraud attempts. So if you want to trust them, trust them. Just realize they are based out of the Middle East and you have no idea where your money is going after you make your purchase.

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
Wow, what a first post after being here 4 years. Evidently OP is big on "burner cards".

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
coopertown121 As you would expect it is very difficult for a trusted dealer to find a credit card processing company to process charges for illegal, counterfeit goods purchased from China. The forum is full of stories of extra processing fees and charges by these processing companies. That is why it is highly recommended that your do NOT use a credit card to buy a replica watch from China. It is also not a trusted dealers preferred method of payment. They even offer discounts for other types of payment. However, the trusted dealers try to offer the credit card payment option because buyers request it.

It sounds as if you were wise and used a prepaid/burner card for your purchase, and that it protected you from exactly the issue that you anticipated. This is an issue with the credit card processing company and not the dealer. I'm not sure why you are "considering sending all of this information to the FBI and letting them sort it out." You haven't lost any money and all that it would do is bring unnecessary attention to our hobby and potentially this website. I understand that you may be mad but contacting the FBI really serves no legitimate purpose. You may not have purchased a replica watch but you will still have to explain why you were attempting to do so. It's all part of the story. I'd also be very surprised if the FBI cares or has any jurisdiction over a London based company.

Cool your jets and learn from this lesson.

Spitfire63

Renowned Member
29/4/18
Hahahaha FBI, do you really think the FBI will be interested, grow up!

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Do not buy illegal goods from underground dealers using a credit card. Period.

If people new to this would only invest a minimal effort reading a bit around before engaging in the illegal counterfeit business so much trouble would be avoided.

I hope you’ve learned your lesson. I also hope some other people will. Use bitcoin, transferwise or WU.

They work everytime and the TDs usually offer discounts for those payment methods.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
So while I can't say that In Time was behind the fraud attempts, they are the point of failure that led to the Fraud attempts. So if you want to trust them, trust them. Just realize they are based out of the Middle East and you have no idea where your money is going after you make your purchase.

No, you can't because they weren't.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Which website did you use in the first place OP? I didn't read anything about a specific domain name that was involved in this... Would be interesting.

Dynaduck

Sales moderator
Advisor
6/4/11
Oh my.... I guess you didn't read much during the four years of membership on here? Then you'd know that paying with a CC isn't exactly wise when dealing with counterfeit goods from China.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I'm considering sending all of this information to the FBI and letting them sort it out.

:rofl: Are you serious?
"Hi FBI, it's me again, I bought a counterfeit watch from some dude in China and now my CC keeps getting hit." :D

For starters the FBI has no jurisdiction outside of the US, they ain't the World Police ya know. Secondly how high do you think their care factor is that you got robbed in the process of breaking the law? Thirdly, did you just suggest turning a TD in to the FBI?

Reactions: Dynaduck

ryanwayer

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
Supporter
9/1/12
I have stated clearly there is an extra charge for the credit processor in the checkout page, regarding the security of the processor, is very much secured compare with other processors for this kind of business.

https://ibb.co/R4n3983

Egoist4133

Horology Curious
4/9/17
Use BTC, its the best. Ryan replied within 24h with the Wallet. Use CC only on Website with MasterCardSecure or VerifiedByVisa.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
The FBI wont be interested in foreign matters which dont affect US interests or US citizens. You (probably) live in Europe and transacted with China, buying fake Swiss (or other European) watches. And why will they be interested?

No just suppose they pass it on to the CIA, or some secret service or foreign service, and then if those agencies take interest, they might transport you over to Guantanamo, free of charge for that matter, for interrogation.

Breach of law by intent, not outcome is proven. But, as thick as thieves as we are, your general warning is appreciated!