• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Not so TrustyTime? - Full Timeline and Successfully Completed Transaction

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
20/07/2019
  • Saw newsletter from Trusty email-blast for Noob fire sale. Did quick research, even cheaper than previous fire sale during April 2017. My newbie FOMO sets in. I frantically reach out to my favorite TD. I see that Intime is also having the same sale, but very limited stock unlike Trusty's wide rotating stock.
  • As I wait for my favorite TD's response, I see stock literally disappearing on Trusty in real time. Ok Trusty, you win.
  • Purchased 3 watches via Mastercard through Website Payment Gateway
  • Payment confirmation email from Andrew received
  • See even more new stock being added to website after my purchase
  • Email Andrew about order change. Andrew responds. Difference paid via Paypal invoice.
  • Order change confirmed
23/07/2019
  • QC photos received.
  • All three watches rejected.
  • Trusty (Andrew?) responds that the watches look fine. Should I reject these watches, there would be no new stock, and these watches would just go to other customers.
  • I respond and say fair enough. The entry price was too low to make a fuss, let's roll the dice then.
  • I confirm and accept all three watches.
26/07/2019
DHL tracking information is provided​

29/07/2019
Delivery​

Notes
  • The transaction was very efficient.
  • I've had a few DHL shipments under my belt. This is the first time I've had automatic text notifications and enhanced delivery options (option to pre-sign for my package and have them deliver without signature).
  • If you are picky, this is not the Dealer for you. TrustyTime is very blunt and even my feathers were ruffled a bit, even though I had my newbie "lets make peace" attitude in full force.
  • Packaging is the best I've seen. Kudos, but that notwithstanding, I have not found the packaging from any of my other Dealers to be insufficient or unsatisfactory.
  • The watches look much better in person, but would be unsatisfactory to me in a typical scenario. As a reference, I have only rejected one watch from any dealer so far, and I would have rejected all three of these.
  • I would roll the dice with TrustyTime again if the value proposition were compelling enough.

20190729-093518.jpg

20190729-093625.jpg

20190729-093755.jpg

Royal Oak Offshore Diver Chronograph Blue

20190730-132550.jpg

20190730-191217.jpg

20190730-191153.jpg

Royal Oak Offshore Diver Chronograph Green

IMG-7318.jpg

IMG-7322.jpg

20190729-184254.jpg

Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph Michael Schumacher Ti

20190729-095235.jpg

20190730-190949.jpg

20190730-191113.jpg

20190730-191342.jpg

Last edited:

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
"The watches look much better in person, but would be unsatisfactory to me in a typical scenario. As a reference, I have only rejected one watch from any dealer so far, and I would have rejected all three of these.'

Wow. Rejected all three watches littowun? Let's see pictures of these watches and the flaws upon which you "would have rejected all three of these."

Reactions: littowun

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I don't see the relevance of the title to your description of the transaction.

Josh & Andrew date back to the old days, before TDs were obliged to wrap their Millennial customers up in cotton wool and whisper gently into their ear words of comfort and reassurance.

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
littowun That is probably why the FIRE SALE took place. Live and learn. Like Tucker said please post the pics.

Reactions: littowun

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
I don't see the relevance of the title to your description of the transaction.

Josh & Andrew date back to the old days, before TDs were obliged to wrap their Millennial customers up in cotton wool and whisper gently into their ear words of comfort and reassurance.

Lol for the same reason you provided the extra flourish about millenials and gentle whispers.

There has been a surge of negative sentiment for Trusty recently so I thought the tagline with a question mark was a suitable lead, which was immediately qualified by the rest of the title of a "Successfully Completed Transaction" and obviously for my review I stuck to the facts.

If this thread seems to rub senior members in such a wrong way mods can just delete it so they can return to the safety of their battle hardened wwii bunkers with gunshots whizzing past their gruff ears :giggle:

If you look at my threads they are only about Dealers. I feel a concise, outlined review of the full timeline of a transaction was missing from the forum so I thought providing this would be added value to new members.

Since this format gets boring I tried to be creative and have some fun like my previous "Mysterious Mary" and now with the "Not so TrustyTime".

Ok, that's all I have for this matter. :)

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
Lol for the same reason you provided the extra flourish about millenials and gentle whispers.

There has been a surge of negative sentiment for Trusty recently so I thought the tagline with a question mark was a suitable lead, which was immediately qualified by the rest of the title of a "Successfully Completed Transaction" and obviously for my review I stuck to the facts.

If this thread seems to rub senior members in such a wrong way mods can just delete it so they can return to the safety of their battle hardened wwii bunkers with gunshots whizzing past their gruff ears :giggle:

If you look at my threads they are only about Dealers. I feel a concise, outlined review of the full timeline of a transaction was missing from the forum so I thought providing this would be added value to new members.

Since this format gets boring I tried to be creative and have some fun like my previous "Mysterious Mary" and now with the "Not so TrustyTime".

Ok, that's all I have for this matter. :)

Dude, I think you missed Trip's joke, but it's cool. You are a good member, don't take it the wrong way.

But, here is the scary truth...

:ttiwwop:

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
"The watches look much better in person, but would be unsatisfactory to me in a typical scenario. As a reference, I have only rejected one watch from any dealer so far, and I would have rejected all three of these.'

Wow. Rejected all three watches littowun? Let's see pictures of these watches and the flaws upon which you "would have rejected all three of these."

Pictures provided in OP as requested. More pics posted in the **** V4 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Only two scenarios from this:
  1. I was far too picky = I didn't give TrustyTime a hard time in the correspondences anyway. The Dealer responded with one quick email after QC and then I accepted all the watches. I was not biased or hateful in my review. I just tried to be funny/clever in my title. Maybe it was fail.
  2. I was not picky = Very discounted price for the watches anyway and I'm not complaining.
Given the feedback, I felt I should provide the pictures. Not looking to cause any trouble.Thanks :)

Dude, I think you missed Trip's joke, but it's cool. You are a good member, don't take it the wrong way.

But, here is the scary truth...

:ttiwwop:

Thanks Ralphy for de-escalating :rose:
really appreciate it :)

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Pictures provided in OP as requested. More pics posted in the **** V4 - What AP are you wearing today??? ****

Only two scenarios from this:
  1. I was far too picky = I didn't give TrustyTime a hard time in the correspondences anyway. The Dealer responded with one quick email after QC and then I accepted all the watches. I was not biased or hateful in my review. I just tried to be funny/clever in my title. Maybe it was fail.
  2. I was not picky = Very discounted price for the watches anyway and I'm not complaining.
Given the feedback, I felt I should provide the pictures. Not looking to cause any trouble.Thanks :)

Thanks Ralphy for de-escalating :rose:
really appreciate it :)

What is it about the watches that made you determine
"....I would have rejected all three of these.'

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
What is it about the watches that made you determine
"....I would have rejected all three of these.'

Hi Tucker, I've provided some of the perceived flaws in the "What AP are you wearing today" thread, if you are interested enough to look :)

As for the other flaws I did not list in that thread, I attempted to highlight them front and center in the photos I provided in the OP. If they are not readily apparent to you, then, let's just say I was unreasonable then :)

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Hi Tucker, I've provided some of the perceived flaws in the "What AP are you wearing today" thread, if you are interested enough to look :)

As for the other flaws I did not list in that thread, I attempted to highlight them front and center in the photos I provided in the OP. If they are not readily apparent to you, then, let's just say I was unreasonable then :)

I’m just curious. I know nothing about APs but there must be something wrong with them if you would have rejected all 3. Can’t you just tell me? Pretty please?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I’m just curious. I know nothing about APs but there must be something wrong with them if you would have rejected all 3. Can’t you just tell me? Pretty please?

He ain't gonna spoon feed ya buddy - do your own research.

Reactions: leo6929

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
That’s okay. It’s hard to point out things that don’t exist.

I decided to give Andrew@TrustyTime another shot. I was hoping that with a new transaction he would be more inclined to replace parts RE the previous order.

2019/08/04
  • Emailed Trusty about placing new order and replacing damaged end link, and buying a new schumacher bezel to replace the weird corrosion/staining as shown in previous photos above
  • Emails Back and Forth; Trusty agrees to try to replace end link. No luck on bezel, Trusty says the bezel looked fine on QC photos.
  • New Order Placed
  • Bank Wire Informatiion email received

2019/08/05 - Wire Confirmation forwarded to Trusty; Trusty confirms email receipt

2019/08/12 - Payment Confirmation confirmed. Trusty confirms QC photos forthcoming

2019/08/13
  • QC Photos Received
  • Sticker covering endlinks--requested photos with sticker off
  • Additional QC Photos Provided
  • Reminded Trusty about arrangement of the replacement endlink; Trusty says endlinks out of stock but it's ordered
  • QC Photos Approved

2019/08/17 - Text Notification of DHL Shipment received

2019/08/18 - Official email from Trusty w/ tracking for DHL Shipment

2019/08/20
  • received watch
  • good packaging as usual
  • one chrono reset helped align the subdial@6 a little better
  • no complaints
  • Wondering Out Loud: why was the Schumacher Ti $398 but this one $319?

Notes
  • pretty smooth second transaction
  • this was my first bank-wire transaction and reinforces my preference for Transferwise. With Transferwise you get the speed of Paypal but without the fees; most TDs do same-day (next day at worst) payment processing. Doubtful I will get my endlink down the road but we'll see! If we discount the 7 days it took to process payment, this would have been the typical 1 week-ish turn-around that I have become accustomed to.
  • next on the Cartel tour is Josh@PerfectClones, trying to identify the right watch to buy--something only he can get but that I won't be too bummed if it's not all sunshine and rainbows

20190820-135618.jpg

20190820-135802.jpg

20190820-135822.jpg

20190820-140034.jpg

20190820-140225.jpg

20190820-141423.jpg