• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mysterious Mary - Full Timeline and Successfully Completed Transaction

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
Went through the usual four TDs to check the availability of a watch. They all said not in stock. Even my lesser-known TD (my current fav), could not get my specific model, but was able to get an alternative.

One day, I saw a thread by another RWI member regarding a QC. It was similar to the watch I wanted to buy so I tracked down the OP to a back alley and confronted him. He let out a gasp: "Mary". And so, from this back alley rendezvous, I heard the first whispers of Mary.

2019/07/11
Emailed Mary
Response from Mary with price.
Emailed Mary about alternate style.
Response from Mary with price.
Payment discussions; payment by TransferWise made.​

2019/07/12
Email from Mary confirming receipt of payment​

2019/07/16
QC Photos sent
QC Photos approved​

2019/07/17
Mary asks for my shipping details
Emailed back​

2019/07/20
Mary emails tracking info and a digital scan of the label.​

2019/07/25
Received the watch​

Notes:
  • Mary was able to get me a watch that even my favorite TD said was out of stock. And that TD had been able to get me every watch that other RWI members keep claiming to be sold out or no longer being produced.
  • Throughout the course of this transaction, it is clear that Mary is not one for small talk or pleasantries. I like it. My kind of style.
  • The packing was very nice.

20190725-143414.jpg

Last edited:

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Mary remains one of my favourite dealers. I don't buy very often any more but when I do she is always up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: littowun

bubblegummers

Known Member
15/12/18
Resurrecting an old thread- why isn't Mary a TD here? Bought 5 watches from her, including one that was stolen by the courier and promptly replaced. Recommended!