• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Not So Perfect Clones

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Got adventurous and purchased from Josh. 1st watch was okay despite a crooked marker which was quite impossible to notice given the low quality pic and deliberate angle of the shot. Now the 2nd watch, red flag up. Claimed that QC was sent to me and watch was already shipped out cos I did not respond. I sensed something amiss as I never received any email from him so I asked to resend the pics. My suspicions were raised when I saw the "resent" pics. The bezel insert had many white spots which I questioned Josh in which he claimed was dirt. The watch arrived, true enough those were not dirt but actually discoloration of the insert. I confronted him for being dishonest, trying to hide and sending a defective watch to me. He said he will "take care of it" which until today nothing.

Apart from being dishonest, another thing to note is QC pics from Josh is mostly slanted and angled in a way that makes it tough for the buyer to identify crooked markers or defects. You hardly get a full frontal shot of the dial. Plus quality of his pics are also poor and not sharp. A few members raised this before from older posts.

Best to stick to our TD's for such reasons.

psssniper

Supporter
Certified
25/4/17
Maybe in the future ask for specific QC pics when ordering the watch. If you get the QC pics and want different shots just ask! That has worked for me in the past. As for never receiving the initial pics that's a tough one. Spam folder? accidental deletion?

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
As for never receiving the initial pics that's a tough one. Spam folder? accidental deletion?

Checked all folders more than 10 times including "search" function. Anyways I asked him to forward the email he sent previously which will indicate the time stamp, date and recipient so that I could tally. He couldn't produce it. Just sent a fresh email with attached pics. There you have it...

I was also charged a significantly high amount of cc fees of $50, higher than the other dealers ranging around $30-$35. Anyways will not purchase from him again.