• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Trusty Time problems

twghalil

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/6/17
Hello Everyone,

I have bought 5 watches from Andrew@Trustytime. I have to accept that the packaging and shipment was good. No complaints about those.
But with every watch i got, i had some problems. And about those problems, Andrew mostly only gave me half answers and have not even interested in trying to fix the problems.

Especially with my last order, Breitling Avenger BlackBird 44mm DLC/TI/NY Black ZF A2824; the bezel has a gap and makes a sound when you press softly on it. As an addition, the Breitling logo has fallen down from the clasp (after being worn about 5 times).
for both these problems, Andrew was not even interested. he has said to me that the watch is under guarantee only for the movement. that's it.

I am really not happy about the approach of this seller. i recommend that you choose a trusted-dealer.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
That is probably one reason why he's not a "trusted dealer". It's buy at your own risk.

twghalil

11/6/17
yes you're right. i have switched to "theonewatches" since, and i am really happy with the service until now. he has similar items with better prices. also very fast on responding for any questions.

tabedwards

Looking Around
MULTI ACCOUNT
16/9/18
United States
Good information. But after the 4th purchase with problems, I'm not sure I would have made a 5th. But the videos trusty produces are very good and helpful

twghalil

11/6/17
the videos are nice to get an idea of the watch. but exactly the same watches you can find easily with the trusted dealers in this forum. at the end, most of the dealers are getting the watches from the same factories.

StevieGee

Looking Around
18/9/18
Just received my Franck Muller Casablanca from Andrew at Trustytime. Ordered from him as he was a trusted dealer on a different forum. Very pleased with both the amount of contact from him including the QC pictures of the watch before it was dispatched and especially the picture of it on the calibration rig showing both the accuracy and the BPM of the movement. The watch itself was from the GF factory and is absolutely stunning.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
He is a trusted dealer since 2006 on RG and RWG...this doesn't sound like Andrew...Bought a lot from Andrew since 2006, never experienced a problem

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
I ordered an XF ROO from him and had to go through 5 rounds of QC and the watch still wasn't perfect, but I accepted. Credit to him that he doesn't haggle about QC and just gets a new watch right away every time.

I get the watch and ordered an extra XS strap but he just sent a standard size one. When I email him about it he just says I can just use that one, but I can't as the reason I got the XS is because have slim wrists?? I had to pressure him, but he did eventually ship out the correct strap.

capice

I'm Pretty Popular
12/12/07
i can't see the page because i am not registered on repgeek. i am sure many people had positive experiences. but for me it was mostly negative.

Just contact Andrew directly, he is on RWG and on RG for more then 10 years and is known to solve problems...

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I didn’t faced any problem with Andrew very good seller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tsyeo4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/14
I bought more than 10 watches and still happy with him as my TD. Not all TD and forums are trusted. This is a fake market. Dont expect high end services and watches. If you want high end watches learn to build a franken.

TD dont make the watches, but is how you approach them to solve your watch issues. Andrew was willing to offer me a fix for any of my watches. He source alot of my watch parts for all my franken projects.

twghalil

11/6/17
of course it is clear that this is a fake market and the dealers are only "dealers" as the name states.
but if you have the logo of the clasp fallen in 2 days, and the seller just tells you simply that it is not under warranty, it makes you think twice next time you buy a watch.
when everything is fine with the watch, the seller is the best. but the difference is if the seller can solve your problems.

i leave everything aside, but the attitude of this guy is terrible. i got an Omega Speedmaster from him where the dial diameter should have been 46mm as per his website. When i have received the watch, it seemed smaller. i measured the watch diameter and have seen that it was 44mm. when i tell him that, he just doesn't care and he does not accept the error.
his answer was: "there is only one factory making the watch, so it can't be wrong".

i suggest anyone who thinks to buy from this guy to think twice.

Allan Parken

Horology Curious
12/8/16
yes you're right. i have switched to "theonewatches" since, and i am really happy with the service until now. he has similar items with better prices. also very fast on responding for any questions.

Would you be so kind to share the url of this “theonewatches” thank you

Sent from the RWI App