• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PWS from TS Watches

Xander22

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/7/18
Here's a review of the experience I had buying from TS Watches. Went with them cause of their PWS pricing. I have access to a rep friendly and affordable watchsmith so I wasn't too concerned about the watch breaking.

Wanted to get a ZF JLC Moon and dropped them an email. Christina replied me saying that both dial colours were out of stock. I told her to update me when the stock came back. Less than a week later, I got an email from her saying that the silver dial was coming back in stock. I asked for the PWS pricing and I paid using bitcoin. One thing about this is she refused to tell me how much bitcoin to send. So I would have to decide based on the current rate and send it to them. Any difference would be settled using Paypal. Payment went through and made sure that they sent me QC pics before sending the watch over to me.

2 days after payment, I got QC pics. Not very high quality pics so I asked for a few others to check for common faults. 2 days and a few more pics and emails later, I confirmed QC and it was shipped out to me the following day. Shipped out on a Saturday and I received it on Monday! Amazingly fast. Watch was as advertised and everything was in working order. Had a few issues like date sub dial hand not being aligned (I missed this in the QC pics) and also the crown stem being too long (could not see in the QC pics). Brought it to my watchsmith to correct both problems for around US$10.

All in all, outstanding communication, fast QC, fast shipping and ridiculous pricing. Only down side was that I didn't check the QC well and QC pics were also not comprehensive enough.

Compared to my experience with a TD that I shall not name, this was actually quite a pleasant purchase experience.

Xander22

10/7/18
Beauty (watch) and the Beast (strap).
29900b9354c9f80fec6371eb5ee9a357.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp and sagesk8r

NoTimeToPepper

20/5/18
TS Watches is not to be trusted. Here's why.

What I ordered:

What I got:

I gave them option to make it good just by sending correct rotor so I could install it myself. But according to them it is after sale issue, when they send you shitty rep instead of the watch you ordered:

Lesson learned. Instead of getting good rep with cheaper price they just send shitty rep.

Reactions: Xander22

Xander22

10/7/18
TS Watches is not to be trusted. Here's why.

What I ordered:

What I got:

I gave them option to make it good just by sending correct rotor so I could install it myself. But according to them it is after sale issue, when they send you shitty rep instead of the watch you ordered:

Lesson learned. Instead of getting good rep with cheaper price they just send shitty rep.
Is it the same movement with different rotor?

That's shitty man. I think if we want to PWS we will need to ask them to open the case for us to QC the movement as well. Or order watches with an open case back.

NoTimeToPepper

20/5/18
Is it the same movement with different rotor?
I am not sure. It's supposed to be better new A7750 with working regulator. Let me know if you think this is correct, as I need to regulate this movement. I see no reason to believe what was written to rep information.

That's shitty man. I think if we want to PWS we will need to ask them to open the case for us to QC the movement as well. Or order watches with an open case back.
Well I thought PWS deal was them sending buyer what is ordered and buyer would carry risk from that on. Now it seems PWS means they can send what ever.

Reactions: sparhawk89

Xander22

10/7/18
I am not sure. It's supposed to be better new A7750 with working regulator. Let me know if you think this is correct, as I need to regulate this movement. I see no reason to believe what was written to rep information.

Well I thought PWS deal was them sending buyer what is ordered and buyer would carry risk from that on. Now it seems PWS means they can send what ever.
Rep information is usually inaccurate. What I would do is check out the thread for this particular model and see what other owners have to say. Then again. I'm a newbie so that's just what I would do.

With regards to the PWS issue. I agree with you. So I dropped Christina an email yesterday saying I was happy with the first purchase but got feedback that there was another customer that bought A and received B. Asked her what she would do. She replied saying that this should not happen and it's her colleague's customer. Not sure if she's talking about your case but if she is, here's the reply. Let me know how it goes.
0f87bc0cfcfc6b6d4c9b6d39831d627b.jpg

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
There was the same issue a few weeks ago with a sea dweller if i remember correctly they forgot to engrave the rotor etc

MrChink

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
12/3/18
Worked wonderfully for me

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

NoTimeToPepper

20/5/18
I actually got a partial refund from TS to compensate wrong rotor in the watch. They also offered option to send the watch back to them. So they do care about their reputation and that watches are correct!

Reactions: seedeetee

Xander22

10/7/18
I actually got a partial refund from TS to compensate wrong rotor in the watch. They also offered option to send the watch back to them. So they do care about their reputation and that watches are correct!
Yeah. It's not like I have a lot of buying experience but I really was pleasantly surprised when I bought from them. Currently nothing I really fancy but when there's a next purchase. I know who I'm going with again.