• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

TrustyTime Omega Speedmaster Professional

WilburTWildcat

Horology Curious
11/6/18
Searched around for the (to me) best looking manual wind Omega Speedmaster Professional. It very much bothered me that many replicas did not include the "Professional" mark, so that really limited my options.

I selected the TrustyTime replica for a few reasons:
- The crystal appeared to rise above the bezel
- They had the option for a sapphire crystal
- They had the option for a skeleton back
- The sunk subdials were recognizable in the pictures
- Inclusion of the "Professional" word mark

Andrew was quick to respond. QC pictures took 5-6 days once my payment had cleared. There was no lume shot and Andrew explained that they never send lume shots. He suggested that I refer to the lume picture on TrustyTime, although their was no lume picture/mention on the listing. QC pictures also showed a change in the bezel type over the example images—Tachymetre instead of Tachymétre. I couldn't quite tell from the images, but the crystal looked aweful flat. It looked good enough, so I approved.

Andrew kindly held the watch for me after payment and QC while I was on vacation. I sent him a gentle reminder to ship on Tuesday when I returned and the watch arrived from Hong Kong to the West Coast of the United States on Friday. It was VERY well packaged.

The bracelet was quite dirty, but cleaned-up well. The 6 o'clock dial mimics the 24-hour time of the minute/hour hands.

Here's what I don't like about the watch:
- The crystal is almost completely flat
- No micro adjustments on the bracelet

Meh:
- Lume exists. Hands are lumed as well. The lume lasts a good amount of time actually, it's just not very bright until your eyes do 5-10 minutes of adjusting in the dark
- The subdials are sunk, but they are not a bowl like the genuine

Here's what I like about the watch:
- Crown is tight
- The chronometer works quite well and the pushers seem solid
- It's a good looking watch, overall
- Love the skeleton case back...doesn't matter to me that it gives away the replica (lots of other things already do)
- Time keeping has been +12 seconds a day or better

Overall, would I purchase from Andrew again? Definitely. He's very communicative. The watch is a solid instrument, even if it's got the same aesthetic issues as most other Omega Speedmaster Professional replicas.

Can't figure out how to embed more than one image, so the rest of the images can be found in the Imgur gallery, here.
p3J4RwFh.jpg

Last edited:

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
Nice pictures, nice post. Because of this I ordered the newer speedy in blue for both me and a family member (instead of matching tattoos).

I figure I’ll hunt for a better crystal over the coming years.

Reactions: WilburTWildcat

WilburTWildcat

Horology Curious
11/6/18
Quick update on this watch. The accumulator hand at the 3 PM sub dial fell off. :-(

Andrew responded very quickly and offered to remit a small amount so I could get the fix done by a US-based watchmaker. I'll update when everything is fixed/done.