• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Why not DHGate?

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
So Jason007 has had to remove all his watches...and so begins the "ali-express" type purge we saw from last year...thank goodness for our TD's and again shows how purposeless this thread has been...TD's stand the test of time.

D

d4m.test

Others like Michaeltravis are still around, and are benefiting. Those selling $200+ are selling watches that are cheaper from TDs.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Instramental1

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
Why not buy pills off the street instead of being prescribed them?

Actually, look up the pills being sold at aquarium supply stores. Even the manufacturer states it's the exact same product being sold to humans. Just dirt cheap. If you know what you need, why not?

HNTR

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/16
Actually, look up the pills being sold at aquarium supply stores. Even the manufacturer states it's the exact same product being sold to humans. Just dirt cheap. If you know what you need, why not?
I was talking about controlled substances ;)

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
3b0d88cc0be48573933dcb7e0db0053e.jpg

Well it arrived yesterday, and gotta say this is a lot of watch for 70€. Okay it's low beat, but the movement is nicely decorated. On the other hand, you can see the plastic movement ring thru the open cb.
The dial is very nice though and even the lume is decent. The winding screams cheapo but who cares, looks nice on the wrist and don't care if it gets damaged. The bracelet is decent enough for the cost, easily resized.
Beats any MK or D&G watch lol
I'd still prefer the AP15400 as it has a bigger dial and manlyer bracelet, but this one will become a nice dress watch or even a daily

Sent from the depths of my creative imagination...
Sincerely - Natas78

Quantum Jewelry LLC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/17
Good rolexxx and jason007 are both good sellers, though jason sells sub par reps, his communication is good. Purchased a Aqua Terra rep off him and was dead on arrival and the hour hand broke off. Sent it back to him and he gave me $60USD (what I payed) towards my next purchase. Though I deal with him now threw WhatsApp (just purchased a planet ocean cal. 8900 rep of him and its incredible!)

DHgate is... well.... dhgate. Lol. If you want something cheap for modding purposes then go for it, but to get the quality you get off our TD's is going to be rare, and will cost you more, and will not have the same expierence nor customer service. And don't be fooled by the reviews you see, its very easy for sellers to make fake accounts and review they're own product, even with photos.

Simply put, stick to TDs, and our M2M sales section.

Sent from the RWI App

Quantum Jewelry LLC

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/6/17
Oh, little edit to my post, Jason has told me in our previous conversations on whatsapp that alot of the watches he sold on dhgate were the ones he did not take the time to service or QC. Surprisingly he moves more on whatsapp. Leads me to believe alot of Chinese dealers just push they're left overs or unchecked watches on dhgate because they know the market finds it convenient and fast. Just food for thought.

Sent from the RWI App

Instramental1

Horology Curious
15/6/18
UK
I disagree, Ive been involved with Dgate for sometime, I have one seller who gets me what I want, He knows precisely my specs in any watch I order, Never a problem £106. For a Nautilus is OK, I could get one do £45.00.

I don’t think Dhgate sells inferior or disguards from factories.

After all, your monies won’t be released to the seller until you’ve given it the once over and are satisfied.

fireice2

Known Member
4/3/19
I disagree, Ive been involved with Dgate for sometime, I have one seller who gets me what I want, He knows precisely my specs in any watch I order, Never a problem £106. For a Nautilus is OK, I could get one do £45.00.

I don’t think Dhgate sells inferior or disguards from factories.

After all, your monies won’t be released to the seller until you’ve given it the once over and are satisfied.
Would be nclice if you can mention this seller. ????

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Antoniovaz76

Certified
12/9/19
Hello all,
even if many months have gone from last add to this topic I want to show 2 watches I bought from good-roiexx in dhgate, for less than 300€ together.
the sub they wrote is a Noob v5 with 2813 but I don't think so even if the bezel insert looks nice
the SMPO looks not so bad and close to gen.
My eyes are not so well trained, what do you think about them? Any evident/ major flaw?

RT8906

Renowned Member
11/4/20
Canada
My DHGate Experience

I've purchased a few watches on DHGate and I have to say I am very happy. Here's what I learned so far:

The buyers protection service they offer is solid. I started purchasing watches Jan. 2020 and my orders got caught in the COVID 19 shutdowns. I cancelled 3 of the orders after there was no movement on the other end. You are told when they have finished processing and shipped your order; they provide you with a tracking number, which didn't happen - I got my money back.

They also have a guaranteed delivery date, so when two more watches were shipped but didn't show up in time, I got my money back. Turns out the watches were just delayed, not lost, so I received them in good order after I got my money back. I have contacted the vendors to work out a deal, its not their fault.

Finally I received 2 watches on time and in good condition. The vendors do not receive payment until you say you're happy with the product or until 3-4 months have passed. This gives you the chance to sort any deficiencies with the vendor in the safety of the buyers protection service. One order was a very costly VS Omega clone, I ordered it and I had it in my hands in a week; they even sent me QC photos beforehand. Even after the purchase this vendor is still helping me out if I have questions, told me that if ever I had an issue with the movement he will fix it.

The service you receive will have everything to do with the individual vendor, before you place your order review the vendor's history, how many has he sold, is there reviews, etc. The best way to gauge a vendor is how quickly they respond to you, if they don't respond in 48 hours don't waste your time. The vendors I found to be the best were very courteous and responsive. Ask for actual pics, if they don't provide you any or say "they are real" move on, they don't have the watch in stock. Since 99% of the watches on DHGate have the logos removed getting actual photos is very important. Another reason to get photos is a lot of vendors are doctoring OE photos and mixing them with actual. I caught one guy, had a TAG photo, his photo and another TAG, if I hadn't ask for more photos I might have missed the real one he had buried.

One very important lesson I learned the hard way is to never back off once you ask for a refund. You are given one chance at a refund so if you back down at the vendors request and have another issue you can't open a second dispute. Luckily for me, I was still covered on the on time delivery guarantee.

In closing, from what I can tell, if you're looking for the real 1:1 clones, the TDs listed on here like PureTime will provide you a consistently better product for less money. If you want a crappy clone you can wear renovating the house then DHGate has some cool stuff with great customer service.

PAC

Known Member
1/12/18
I agree, TDs are amazing and are what make our world possible.

Why not buy from TD?
$50 less in many cases.
Might even have faster shipping as the watches are in stock...?
Can use Visa or MC.
If description is off or quality is not as promised it would be easier to resolve.
As an example:

97e98a560516c821cee4be556dd3ee9e.png

Is this crazy?

And yes TDs are amazing!!

Sent from the RWI App

Because DH Gate watches are bullshit

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Oh, little edit to my post, Jason has told me in our previous conversations on whatsapp that alot of the watches he sold on dhgate were the ones he did not take the time to service or QC. Surprisingly he moves more on whatsapp. Leads me to believe alot of Chinese dealers just push they're left overs or unchecked watches on dhgate because they know the market finds it convenient and fast. Just food for thought.

Sent from the RWI App

This is very true.

You can get some cool finds on dhgate but they are generally a false economy.

A broken clock is right twice a day, and you can expect similar success rates on dhgate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: p0pperini

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
In closing, from what I can tell, if you're looking for the real 1:1 clones, the TDs listed on here like PureTime will provide you a consistently better product for less money. If you want a crappy clone you can wear renovating the house then DHGate has some cool stuff with great customer service.
This.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk