• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Diary of an order - Mary Watches - Longines Master Collection Moonphase

D

d4m.test

Has anyone with this rep considered swapping in gen day/month/moon dials?

image.png

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Has anyone with this rep considered swapping in gen day/month/moon dials?

image.png
I've got a Datora Montbrilliant which uses the same movement. Mine had a gen 7751 installed in it by the previous owner. This is not a cheap undertaking as the movement alone is $650. The movement is mostly a direct swap. The only thing I don't know is if the hands will transfer. I've done a 7750 swap to ETA and the chronograph seconds hand had a different diameter post so I needed a gen handset. My gut feeling is this is a similar situation, but I cannot confirm.

D

d4m.test

I've got a Datora Montbrilliant which uses the same movement. Mine had a gen 7751 installed in it by the previous owner. This is not a cheap undertaking as the movement alone is $650. The movement is mostly a direct swap. The only thing I don't know is if the hands will transfer. I've done a 7750 swap to ETA and the chronograph seconds hand had a different diameter post so I needed a gen handset. My gut feeling is this is a similar situation, but I cannot confirm.

Interesting. Thanks for the insight.

What about leaving the rep A7751 movement alone and swapping in gen Day/Month/Moon wheels. (If they could be sourced)

Valjoux7751Elabor%C3%A9-sus.jpg

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Interesting. Thanks for the insight.

What about leaving the rep A7751 movement alone and swapping in gen Day/Month/Moon wheels. (If they could be sourced)

Valjoux7751Elabor%C3%A9-sus.jpg

TBH, it's a rare and expensive movement, so parts are far and few. I'd have to defer to @Strodda as he did the original build. I would think they are a direct swap assuming you find them.

D

d4m.test

Marywatch delivers an experience thats different from what you'll find with many RWI TD's. These differences may make some RWI members uncomfortable.

She has no site, catalog, storefront or ordering system. She does not typically stock anything. You email her a description of exactly what you want - "factory", version, other details like finish and dial color, etc - and, ideally, attach a photo.

She will then go out and try to find you what you want. This can take some time - but remember this is a more personalized service so may take longer.

If you are in a really big hurry, be sure to explain that up front.

Within a day or two, she makes some calls and will tell you if she thinks she can get it - and how much it will be with shipping. At that point you decide if you want to do the deal and pay her.

Sometimes, yes, it will turn out she's been told she can get something then she can't actually get it - or the quality of what she gets is not up to her standard. In cases like that, she'll just keep looking unless you interrupt the process and offer to take something else instead. Be mindful she may reject several examples before she finds one you may like. Also, she may have higher standards that you do (and a better eye). She's told me point blank a couple times that a watch I thought I wanted "isn't good". She would rather not send you something she thinks you won't like.

Once she has it, you'll get QC's of the actual watch and a Timegrapher - then give you a final price with shipping.

She prefers not to ship more than two watches in a box. She generally ships China Post - which takes longer. I've had orders arrive anywhere between 3 weeks and 2 months.

Once I receive it, I'll write her back to tell her its arrived.

Note that Marywatch is *not* a volume dealer - just a small one-person operation. And, again, while she is a TD on smaller boards, she is NOT an RWI TD. Bluntly, not every dealer wants to be an RWI TD. Why? As much as I love RWI, it does tend to attract a lot of new buyers and new buyers can be be more challenging to do a transaction with - especially if you don't have a big operation.

Lastly, with her not being an RWI TD, you *both* don't benefit from the arbitration a Mod might provide. Being on your own can make you feel more vulnerable - even when you're not... and that can lead to exacerbating a misunderstanding.

In closing, my advice is if an RWI member wants to deal with Marywatch, one should register with and become a member of a rep forum where she is respected as a TD so that you BOTH can take advantage of that buffer - rather than feeling theres no alternative to posting a negative review on a forum where she likely won't even see it.

Just sayin' ;-)
I was wondering if you could confirm Mary's email to be [email protected] ? Thanks.

XAD

Renowned Member
15/8/16
I was wondering if you could confirm Mary's email to be [email protected] ? Thanks.

No. Thats not the email address that I use to contact Mary.

As she's not a TD here I would direct you to RWG where you will find her contact information listed in their TD section. That way if it changes people who see old info here won't be confused. RWG will update her contact info should it change.

As an aside, Mary is now using DHL to improve delivery speed.

I just received another order with everything as expected.

D

d4m.test

No. Thats not the email address that I use to contact Mary.

As she's not a TD here I would direct you to RWG where you will find her contact information listed in their TD section. That way if it changes people who see old info here won't be confused. RWG will update her contact info should it change.

As an aside, Mary is now using DHL to improve delivery speed.

I just received another order with everything as expected.

Thanks, Unfortunately I already emailed her at that address :-( I could not find her contact info on RWG I guess I will need to register. Thanks again

XAD

Renowned Member
15/8/16
Thanks, Unfortunately I already emailed her at that address :-( I could not find her contact info on RWG I guess I will need to register. Thanks again

It won't hurt to register @ RWG. Quite a few regulars from here are there as well. And if you order from Mary, as a new RWG member should anything go sideways (not that I expect it will), the mods/admins there will help you sort it out since she's their TD.

whitegold

Known Member
25/7/13
I have the 42mm gen and this really does look stunning

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

lorenzo1910

I'm Pretty Popular
12/2/18
Tuscany - Italy
I can't see any reason to bump a 1 year old thread just to let us know that you have the same watch.
Oh, wait... are you working hard to get 25 posts and sell a watch?
Useless post mate.