• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Diary of an order - Mary Watches - Longines Master Collection Moonphase

Achromatopsia

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/17
Hi all,

So I bit the bullet and ordered a Longines Master Collection Moonphase YL 42mm from Mary.

I'm excited as this is my first ever rep purchase.

The communication with Mary, so far, has been excellent.

I'll keep you posted of all updates throughout the process.

Note: borrowed these images from @Nanook65 . Hope you don't mind.

36334591392_98a69caf95_k.jpg

36334591872_ccc9f6a613_k.jpg

Cheers

D

d4m.test

Good luck with that. I'm at day 24 now and still no watch from Mary. I enquired yesterday and was told that it was now with the courier and should be with me in 2 weeks. 6 weeks to wait for a watch is bullshit. I will never use "her" again.

Nanook65

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/16
Note: borrowed these images from @Nanook65 . Hope you don't mind.

No problem at all

Good luck with that. I'm at day 24 now and still no watch from Mary. I enquired yesterday and was told that it was now with the courier and should be with me in 2 weeks. 6 weeks to wait for a watch is bullshit. I will never use "her" again.

I have bought a dozen watches from her. Communication has always been excellent. I have had some watches come very quickly and others take a bit longer. I think it is more to do with the maker of the watch than it is the dealer. If you have had only one experience with her and it was bad, just use another. My experience has been good and I will continue to buy from her.

D

d4m.test

No problem at all

I have bought a dozen watches from her. Communication has always been excellent. I have had some watches come very quickly and others take a bit longer. I think it is more to do with the maker of the watch than it is the dealer. If you have had only one experience with her and it was bad, just use another. My experience has been good and I will continue to buy from her.
Communication was great right up until just after I paid. Then everything went quiet. Took 5 days to tell me a watch from a specific factory was no longer available after assuring me it was in my first email to her. Rather than wait until the factory "made some more watches", I asked if I could select another watch and enquired about it's availability. That was no problem and the watch was available. I enquired if there was a difference to pay. There was and I paid it. This dialogue and payment happened in the space of about 4 hours. 6 days later I received QC pics. I approved them the same day. 5 days later I had to email her to ask if I had a tracking number. She gave it to me. 4 days later I noticed the tracking site said the item had been returned to sender. The next day I emailed her asking what was happening and she said she would reship it and email me the tracking number. 4 days later I emailed her again asking if the watch had been reshipped. She had "just" resent it but with a different courier company and it will take 2 weeks.
I guess it depends on what you think "excellent" communication is ..... for me, excellent communication would be her keeping me up to date on progress, not me having to enquire after days of silence. The time difference between her and I is only 4 hours so 6-00pm for me is 2-00pm for her.
I have bought other watches from other dealers and have had fantastic, fast service. But being human, we are swayed by the opinion of others who tell us that you get better and more personal service from the small traders. Not in this case for me.

ShovelnTC

Renowned Member
14/6/13
AU
My experience with Mary over the last 4 years has only been good.

XAD

Renowned Member
15/8/16
Marywatch delivers an experience thats different from what you'll find with many RWI TD's. These differences may make some RWI members uncomfortable.

She has no site, catalog, storefront or ordering system. She does not typically stock anything. You email her a description of exactly what you want - "factory", version, other details like finish and dial color, etc - and, ideally, attach a photo.

She will then go out and try to find you what you want. This can take some time - but remember this is a more personalized service so may take longer.

If you are in a really big hurry, be sure to explain that up front.

Within a day or two, she makes some calls and will tell you if she thinks she can get it - and how much it will be with shipping. At that point you decide if you want to do the deal and pay her.

Sometimes, yes, it will turn out she's been told she can get something then she can't actually get it - or the quality of what she gets is not up to her standard. In cases like that, she'll just keep looking unless you interrupt the process and offer to take something else instead. Be mindful she may reject several examples before she finds one you may like. Also, she may have higher standards that you do (and a better eye). She's told me point blank a couple times that a watch I thought I wanted "isn't good". She would rather not send you something she thinks you won't like.

Once she has it, you'll get QC's of the actual watch and a Timegrapher - then give you a final price with shipping.

She prefers not to ship more than two watches in a box. She generally ships China Post - which takes longer. I've had orders arrive anywhere between 3 weeks and 2 months.

Once I receive it, I'll write her back to tell her its arrived.

Note that Marywatch is *not* a volume dealer - just a small one-person operation. And, again, while she is a TD on smaller boards, she is NOT an RWI TD. Bluntly, not every dealer wants to be an RWI TD. Why? As much as I love RWI, it does tend to attract a lot of new buyers and new buyers can be be more challenging to do a transaction with - especially if you don't have a big operation.

Lastly, with her not being an RWI TD, you *both* don't benefit from the arbitration a Mod might provide. Being on your own can make you feel more vulnerable - even when you're not... and that can lead to exacerbating a misunderstanding.

In closing, my advice is if an RWI member wants to deal with Marywatch, one should register with and become a member of a rep forum where she is respected as a TD so that you BOTH can take advantage of that buffer - rather than feeling theres no alternative to posting a negative review on a forum where she likely won't even see it.

Just sayin' ;-)

D

d4m.test

Just got an update from Mary.

"Got the watch for you the day before yesterday, but there is blue dust under the edge of inner glass, hope i can get the good one for you today, pls be patient!"

Great feedback and, so far, an excellent experience. Hopefully, things will continue like this.

D

d4m.test

Just got the QC pictures. Watch looks very good. I've given the green light.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Beautiful! I was split between this and the Datora Montbrilliant, I ended up getting the Datora, but I sometimes feel I should have gotten this instead. Enjoy it!

D

d4m.test

Beautiful! I was split between this and the Datora Montbrilliant, I ended up getting the Datora, but I sometimes feel I should have gotten this instead. Enjoy it!

I'm a long time Longines fan, so this was a no brainer for me. I'm also after a Longines Evidenza Chronograph with Black dial, but I don't think there's a rep, so I'll have to go gen.

D

d4m.test

Just to give an update - Watch was shipped on Monday. Now travelling to its first stop in Europe.

I'll keep updating this topic as progress occurs.

D

d4m.test

Hi guys,

the watch "triangled" just right in Germany and arrived safely at my desk last Friday.

The darn thing is just gorgeous in both SS and Aligator skin bracelets.

For now, I'll keep it in full SS.

image.png

The complications and the reflections are absolutely gorgeous. And that blue in the dials...
image.png

A big thank you to Mary, as the complete process was very smooth.