• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Time Direct: Franck Muller (King Cortez?) Conquistador

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
First things first. Ordered the watch on the 13th. Arrived today, 20th. Via Airmail. Can you ask for better? The watch is exactly as described. In fact I believe I have the same watch pictured in the sales thread! Dealer is first rate.
About this watch...
ST-19 Seagull movement. Manual Chronograph. Perfect working order. (This watch will run forever while most would be going through their 15th 7750 movement.)
Took almost 70 turns to fully wind. Much bigger, and heavier watch then I anticipated. Impressive on the wrist. Feels like a pam! This is not your average dress watch!
Cons for the picky...
I believe the caseback is screwed in upside down :lol: (Which validates, replica!) Extremely thin band but extremely comfortable also. Seems to be a copy of the King Cortez which the gen has a date function at the 6. This obviously is missing that. This watch is a manual wind where as the gen is an automatic. So if you are looking to fool a watchsmith (who is the only person that would know these things) this is not for you.
As for me...
Very pleased over all. Thanks to Rob from Time Direct. First impression is a great one.
A few quick shots to make everyone happy. (More to come later maybe)
IMG_0124-1.jpg

IMG_0130-1.jpg

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
I love it. I've been checking out FM for a while now. This is a nice one.

Spy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/08
I think this a speacial looking watch but would prefer one with a date.

FYI, the one T4D is selling is a 41mm and therefore a standrda Cortez. The KING Cortex is 45mm and has KING written at 6.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Spy said:

FYI, the one T4D is selling is a 41mm and therefore a standrda Cortez. The KING Cortex is 45mm and has KING written at 6.
Yeah well until the one with the date comes around this will do me fine. I am amazed at the size of this watch. I know it supposed to be 41mm but it wares like a 45 easy. It has great weight also. A lot of inaccuarcies yes, but worth it IMO.

Spy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/5/08
<-MrZoSo-> said:
Spy said:

Yeah well until the one with the date comes around this will do me fine. I am amazed at the size of this watch. I know it supposed to be 41mm but it wares like a 45 easy. It has great weight also. A lot of inaccuarcies yes, but worth it IMO.

I agree with you. Even without the date it is a great looking watch. The fact it has a few inaccuracies doesn't detract from the beauty of the watch. Who would even know the innacuracies anyway - aprt from an AD and even then, there are not that many FM ADs around.

I agree with the size - can imagine how big the King would look :shock: