• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tony Chow/Chen

Mrapplebee

Known Member
18/7/17
IMG_2849.JPG IMG_2884.JPG like many others on here, I found this forum AFTER ordering my first rep. I had seen someone on a ginault YouTube review mention noob sub reps in the comment section and they spoke of how good they were. So I googled noob Rolex submariner rep and the website noobwatch.com came up in the search results.

I had a look on the site and all of the watches looked excellent, so I went ahead and ordered. Tony Chow's/Chens communication was excellent when I was inquiring and right up until the point I made the payment........then silence. To be fair I was pretty impatient as I enquired about delivery time about 3 days after making the order. When I didn't get a quick response I started googling to see if people had been ripped off by noob in the past. That googling led me here where I found out that Tony wasn't a trusted dealer and people seemed to have had mainly bad experiances with him. From there I assumed I'd been ripped off and just accepted it.

I've been doing a ton of research on here and a couple of days ago I actually ordered a sea dweller 4000 from BK. (which I can't wait to receive)

As Sod's law would have it, yesterday out of the blue, my Noob v7 no date landed on my doorstep! Lol. Couldn't believe it. I was even more surprised by the quality of the watch.

Now I'm no where near as schooled up as most of you guys but I do own and have owned a lot of watches. Mostly low to mid range seikos, chris wards etc etc.

I was stunned by the quality of this piece. In my opinion it looks amazing. I'm well aware it has many flaws that you guys would be bale to pick out in an instant but regardless it is a very nicely made watch. It wears a lot larger than 40mm though I must say, it wears more like a 42mm in my opinion.

I checked over certain parts of the watch for flaws that I'd seen people on here picking up on in close up pics and I'd say I've not done too bad. The SEL fitment is probably its major weak point as well as the dark bezel engravings. (I don't think this is something I'd have noticed unless I'd seen it spoken of on here but yeh, the bezel markers are dark and it's quite noticeable in the early evening in my living room)

The pearl looks pretty central, the rehault crown lines up nicely and the bracelet actually feels pretty good. I was expecting a rattling squeaky hunk of junk from what I'd read in reviews but this bravely is better than those on most of my lower end seikos.

I'll attach a few iPhone pics, I don't have a camera but I've tried to catch the main parts of the watch.

As for Tony, I'd say his service is top notch from when you enquire and up until you've paid. Perhaps he should make a little more effort to respond to follow up emails as his silence did have me worried and I'd pretty much accepted I'd been screwed over. But to fair, I don't know how this rep game works and I've seen in one of the sticky threads that they suggest being patient and not harassing your dealer after making an order.

Fair play to Tony, he delivered the goods in around 3 weeks so I owe him an apology for stating in my "introduce yourself to the forum" post that I'd come here after being conned out of my money by a non-TD.

Attachments

• IMG_2849.JPG
    IMG_2849.JPG
    1,009.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2884.JPG
    IMG_2884.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2885.JPG
    IMG_2885.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2885.JPG
    IMG_2885.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2886.JPG
    IMG_2886.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2886.JPG
    IMG_2886.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 2

PACCBET

I'm Pretty Popular
19/10/16
Glad you got your watch. He's known to go AWOL once anything goes south with your watch, like seizures or DOAs. Enjoy your time here!

Mrapplebee

Known Member
18/7/17
Glad you got your watch. He's known to go AWOL once anything goes south with your watch, like seizures or DOAs. Enjoy your time here!

Yeh to be honest I've read similar on here. I am really happy with this watch but the shine has been taken off slightly because I'm so excited about my pending arrival from BK! Lol

Mrapplebee

Known Member
18/7/17
Glad to hear you got your order. Many have not been so lucky. Welcome to the forum!!

Cheers mate. It's a shame really as he obviously has the means to get the watches. A little bit of effort and he could do good business for himself.

PACCBET

I'm Pretty Popular
19/10/16
Yeh to be honest I've read similar on here. I am really happy with this watch but the shine has been taken off slightly because I'm so excited about my pending arrival from BK! Lol
Nice, that should be a real treat for ya.

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
Wait until your watch comes from BK. He is an artist, imo. Not cheap, but quality never is. I owned a BK Deep Blue and I couldn't take it off for the first month. He usually takes 4-6 weeks to ship. Good luck, and welcome from Texas.

Mrapplebee

Known Member
18/7/17
Wait until your watch comes from BK. He is an artist, imo. Not cheap, but quality never is. I owned a BK Deep Blue and I couldn't take it off for the first month. He usually takes 4-6 weeks to ship. Good luck, and welcome from Texas.

Thanks man. I have heard nothing but good things about BK on here. Really excited. Just got my fingers crossed that he manages to get the version of the sea dweller with the better bezel markers. He said that most of them now are the same as the v7 sub markers. (As in dark)

D

d4m.test

I bought also a watch with this seller. A bicolor sub with bleu dial. The bracelet is not good, meaning, the screws where to hard to turn... as a damaged was the next thing. Even the goldsmith couldn't helped me... I ask the seller to send an other bracelet and replace for free is not done, a new one, and only one from the BP factory is the right one that fits, costs around 60 $ ex shipping....
I'm thinking, if anyone can help me, my next rolex will be an bk!

Mrapplebee

Known Member
18/7/17
I bought also a watch with this seller. A bicolor sub with bleu dial. The bracelet is not good, meaning, the screws where to hard to turn... as a damaged was the next thing. Even the goldsmith couldn't helped me... I ask the seller to send an other bracelet and replace for free is not done, a new one, and only one from the BP factory is the right one that fits, costs around 60 $ ex shipping....
I'm thinking, if anyone can help me, my next rolex will be an bk!

Yeh that seems to be the thing that a lot of people have said about tony. His after sales service isn't great. I didn't have any issues with my watch so I can't really comment on that.

Mrapplebee

Known Member
18/7/17
Why are you apologising to him here ? I don't understand.

Sent from the RWI App
I apologised because when I signed up here I stated in my forum introduction post that I had been ripped off by tony chow.....I said this because I hadn't heard from tony in a while after placing my order....but then after a couple of weeks my noob V7 showed up on my doorwstep from Tony.

I can only go on my own experience with Tony and for me, he delivered the goods as promised.

Holla09

7/5/17
I ordered my first 2 reps from Tony after reading about him on a different site. He was very responsive but went quiet after I paid and finally put the watches in the mail 3 weeks later which he blamed in Chinese New Year. All in all the watches were better than I ever expected but this was my first experience with reps outside of buying them out of a briefcase in Central Park.

RX951

Horology Curious
22/4/17
Nice watch. I've purchased from Tony 2 years ago and had great luck with my V7 Hulk. I'll consider buying from him again, but will also consider other trusted dealers as well.

DaleM

I'm Pretty Popular
25/8/18
Central Florida
Back in September I ordered a watch and it took about 4 weeks to arrive. When it did I was happy. I did the patience thing but have to admit I was worried. Now InTime and PureTime are my TDs with IT being my default.

Mastapeas

Known Member
10/7/15
Tony is good. Certainly trustworthy and he gets the goods. If he disappears during raids or holidays, just be patient. He won’t take your money

Reactions: Gfpatt

Gfpatt

Trusted Dealer
15/12/18
Hi all! Ordered a watch from Tony Chow 2 weeks ago and it arrived yesterday! No problems at all!! I have had good communication throughout the entire time. The watch is a GM brand with 18k gold plated. SA3135 movement, 904L stainless steel bracelet and case. This is one of the Qc photos that were sent to me. The best part is that it was sent on Monday and I received on Thursday. Tony was easy to deal with. I was not aware that Tony was on the non-trusted dealer List, but I am very happy with The watch and with the purchase. $459 and included shipping.
104eebff-c2b5-49f6-a49e-44237591d9bb