• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Comparative Review of 7 Dealers

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
aside from all the technical mish-mash I think you are one savvy rooster.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
it appears to me this thread is based on the op's personal experience with these dealers, that is all any of the dealer reviews are based on. thanks for taking the time to share your experience with the forum.

308GTS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/08
rooster133 said:
swissaddict said:
Yeah King is cartel..

This 'comparative review' is not really useful, I think, unless the data set is larger. We don't know what watches were purchased.. if a price rating is given for one watch from one dealer, and that one watch is a noobmariner or Skyland from Josh, then the Cartel's prices are pretty good! If you order one single watch and it arrives in working order.. is that great QC? If it arrives with problems, does that mean the dealer has poor QC? I appreciate the motivation to offer a comparative review of dealers, but this particular thread is just.. poorly executed and I think can be misleading to noobs or anyone who may not question it. I really hope nobody will use the original post as a basis for deciding on who to buy from. :?

Relax mate. I could post this as 7 separate reviews under Dealer Reviews and no one would say a thing... Most of the reviews here are based on a sampe of one... I tried to put this in one thread only and you're getting all fired up about it. How many disclaimers and caveats do you want me to put on this?? Most people are not idiots. As I said, it's just my personal experience. If you want a sample of a friggin million do it yourself.

Good for you... well said!

308GTS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/08
Exploder said:
rooster133 said:
If you want a sample of a friggin million do it yourself.

"You could use any simple stat program, even the DOS-version of EPI-info, to make a power calculation. However, some of the variables are likely to interact, for instance web site and communaction, and you will therefore need to do a multivariate logistic regression analysis. I would prefer a Cox proportional Hazard model but that is of course up to you. Such an analysis would in a much better way enable all idiots to make a more well grounded decision on where to buy their reps. ..."

Xplodr

Getting a headache from this palaver... nuisance, trouble, problem, bother, bugbear, pest, worry, inconvenience, vexation, irritant, thorn in one's side; informal aggravation, hassle, pain (in the neck!).

Exploder

I'm Pretty Popular
23/3/08
308GTS said:
Exploder said:
"You could use any simple stat program, even the DOS-version of EPI-info, to make a power calculation. However, some of the variables are likely to interact, for instance web site and communaction, and you will therefore need to do a multivariate logistic regression analysis. I would prefer a Cox proportional Hazard model but that is of course up to you. Such an analysis would in a much better way enable all idiots to make a more well grounded decision on where to buy their reps. ..."

Xplodr

Getting a headache from this palaver... nuisance, trouble, problem, bother, bugbear, pest, worry, inconvenience, vexation, irritant, thorn in one's side; informal aggravation, hassle, pain (in the neck!).

Whoa, somebody got himself a thesarus. Now look up "irony" and "git" and then read the WHOLE fucking thread.

1. I praised Roosters review earlier on.

2. The lines above are research mumbo jumbo.

3. Rooster, who I know and who is a researcher like myself, understood the humor in it (see his posting above yours) and undersood the reference to previous posts, which is enough for me. I can't please everybody.

4. Don't read posts that you don't understand. You will only get annoyed, aggravated etc.

5. The symptoms you present could be due to a meningitis or encephalitis. Or plain stupidity.

Xplodr

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
mickeypro said:
this is a good opening post.... i am curious since most dealers in the game drop ship QC would be hard to rate. Maybe a rating for after delivery follow up ;)

Hi, yes, some of the things in my post have really to do with "perceptions", i.e. my feeling about how things are done behind the scenes. Some of the dealers here don't drop ship, they can take pictures before sending the watch, etc. These guys got extra marks from me because of the increased chance that problems are detected before posting the rep. Also, my score on QC was affected by my own personal experience with the buyers (i.e., did any of the watches arrive with problems, were any wrong watches sent?) - these could be signs of poor QC (though not esclusively so). So, while the former component of my measure is a fairly objective assessment (i.e., I know for sure if the dealer drop ships or not), the latter is quite subjective and based on a small number of purchases.

After-delivery follow-up was kind of captured by the measure of communication. I.e., how long to reply, did they fix any issues, etc... But maybe in the future that could be a separate measure too (e.g., after sales service).

Cheers to everyone for your comments! [smilie=occasion14.gif]

speedster

23/10/07
Timeshopnet - i wll review you if you send me a free v2 black steel skyland or sup avenger. Heck, why not both . LOL. Hehheh...

rooster133

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/7/08
TimesShopNet said:
why don't have me ? :shock: :)

Sorry mate, still haven't bought from you. As you can probably tell, I am all watched out for now. I've had to move into a hotel room because the watches are taking up all the space in my house. They refuse to pay rent too. The girlfriend has left and the dog is nervous. I have started to play a lot of country music already.

Will buy something from you soon. Promise. Have already checked out the website and I liked what I saw! :D

And when I do, forget about the free v2 black steel skyland or sup avenger... I want a flying B! And screw the rep... Send me a gen.

Dewey Dog

19/6/08
rooster133 said:
TimesShopNet said:
why don't have me ? :shock: :)

Sorry mate, still haven't bought from you. As you can probably tell, I am all watched out for now. I've had to move into a hotel room because the watches are taking up all the space in my house. They refuse to pay rent too. The girlfriend has left and the dog is nervous. I have started to play a lot of country music already.

Will buy something from you soon. Promise. Have already checked out the website and I liked what I saw! :D

And when I do, forget about the free v2 black steel skyland or sup avenger... I want a flying B! And screw the rep... Send me a gen.

Rooster, heck of a post and funny too. Mucho thanks. BTW, what in the world do you do for a living that you list UK/AUS/SWI as home base? Need any help? DD

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
rooster133 said:
I've had to move into a hotel room because the watches are taking up all the space in my house. They refuse to pay rent too. The girlfriend has left and the dog is nervous. I have started to play a lot of country music already.

I was guna say there still hope for a recovery..
but you've already started with the country music..
thats the kind of dirty you can never wash off..

-Ex