• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Horrible experience with GeekTime.

arekzxy

Looking Around
22/6/22
*notice : English is not my mother language – please keep in consideration :p
My first purchase with GeekTime was GMF DateJust 36mm – 408$ inc shipping. Order process was ok but nothing special – just simple yes , no and copy paste about payment etc. Wouldn’t get advice about what watch what factory etc. because he will only answer what he benefit from. That’s ok. You have to do your own research and know what you want and what you could expect. These TD have thousand customers so time is of a value. I get that. If you expect communication like “real” watch dealers then you got to lower your expectation :p Watch arrived after 24 days in transit. Not too bad. Packaging ok, overall watch quality ok. First wind and … it winds very very hard, sketchy as f***. I have dozen of watches all sorts and even cheap 100$ Seiko wind up better than this gmf J After two days of wearing I noticed it’s gaining around +20 , +24 sec a day (Not great but also not something one would consider broken) and NOT winding at all. On QC videos it was gaining 0, +1 sec. All GeekTime QC videos you will see on RepTimeQC are around 0, +3 sec a day. I read houndred of user post about their real experience and like 5% got numbers from QC videos (mostly those with GMT movement). When I asked GeekTime about broken winding and +24 sec he replied take it to watchsmitch and he can offer to refund 50$ and 50$ off next order. Later I found he does this in all situation he had to deal with customer. If you don’t accept it he will offer to ship to China. We all know what that means, you will never see you watch again (customs). About gaining +24 sec he replied : it’s ok, don’t worry. LOL. I get that this movement are not gen but how on earth when watch arrive in perfect package condition all of sudden broke winding and lost its regulation completely. I had cheap Pagani, Steeldive and other 35$ watches that wasn’t packed well and came thought cheapest couriers from China 50-60 day in transit and none of them had anything broken or dysregulated or magnetized even. All this make me believe they knew exactly that hand winding is broken and wasn’t regulated at all.
What really got me wound up was my next order – Clean Factory GMT II Master Pepsi. I paid 588$ inc shipping (-50$ I got from previous hiccup). Like all his QC everything is nice and ok – timegraph especially. This time it came even faster – 11 days!!! Package look like a tank 10/10. Visually everything ok I try to make it run. Many many hand wind later I found it’s DOA. My GOD!!! Really ? For 600$ he sent me broken watch? I don’t and won’t believe it’s was dead in transit. Like I said before it was packed like tank and I got dozens of watches around the globe and never ever got DOA. They sent it and knew exactly it was broken. Time was set exactly at 6oclock and didn’t even got 1 minute around globe?? He offers me now 80$ refund and 80$ off next order. He got ball’s I will admit that. I said repair alone would cost me nothing less than 200E without shipping. I got to find watchsmitch myself send it around countries wait god knows how long etc. Send it to China then J ehhh I took his 100$ and wont waste more time with replicas. Maybe my bad luck but I think we shouldn’t settle on this. I paid in total 1000$ and what I got? 2 broken watches that look nice :p Something to consider I guess.

Reactions: Dirkjon

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
This has happened to all of us at some point. You're buying a chinese fake watch. You either fix it yourself or send it back. We all know this when buying reps. It's your choice.

Reactions: efk95

john doe iii

23/6/15
CONUS
Everything you mentioned on your post is normal and has happened to many of us. Welcome to the rep world!! Far from a horrible experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: efk95 and TESLA760

greenbeans

Known Member
12/9/20
I saw your post on reddit, which got promptly deleted.

One thing that annoys me about this rep industry is any criticism of dealers is frowned upon to the point where in many cases reddit mods will censor it.
The only thing really holding them accountable is communities like this, I don't really know why an open conversation isn't allowed?

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I saw your post on reddit, which got promptly deleted.

One thing that annoys me about this rep industry is any criticism of dealers is frowned upon to the point where in many cases reddit mods will censor it.
The only thing really holding them accountable is communities like this, I don't really know why an open conversation isn't allowed?

It's posted here and has not been deleted. The point is that the dealers don't assemble the watches. They have no vested interest in sending you a defective watch. The reality is that things happen during shipping. I've this issue with watches shipped within the states. Level headed people work things out and move on. No need to turn it into a war. If the OP doesn't want to keep the watch he is welcome to ship it back at his own risk. Not like the dealer is telling him to pound sand. As has been stated, this has happened to most, if not ALL of us at some point.

Reactions: efk95