• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mary Watch [email protected] : Very Pleased

GuillermoUgarte

Known Member
21/4/21
California for now
First of all, email for Mary Watch is [email protected]

Second, Mary can accept payment in Wise. Very easy to download the Wise ap, register, and send money. The Wise fee is tiny. Definitely time to short WU ($20.03) stock. Western Union is the new Pony Express.

Third: Time Frame: Patience, grasshopper. But not because of Mary. Read on:

Between the date I paid for the watch and the date the watch went into the mail in China, it was 15 days. This was because there was some back-and-forth resulting from my preference for a certain bezel inlay coloration that did not initially appear to be available. I had given my approval for a second-choice inlay. Mary was able to swap the first watch from the factory for one that had my first preference for the inlay. This was on Mary’s initiative. I was pleased, thrilled even, Mary held out.

Once the watch arrived in CONUS, it literally sat a month in one place in NY. For the last 25 of those days, I had a shot per day of 400 Conejos Joven Espadin Mezcal (cheap, $25) to smooth me out. USPS finally woke up and got the watch to the left side of the US. From reading commentary here, it does appear that USPS is having systematic issues in moving packages arriving from China across our country. So, if we have to point fingers at anyone, it is all about USPS (as well as, to be fair, Amazon, AliExpress, and the collective weight of the American consumer, myself included, clogging up the system).

Packaging: Perfect. I would say bomb-proof, but leave it to the boys at USPS to devise new ways to crush watches. This package did arrive without a scratch or dent.

Post Delivery: In 8 days since receipt, the watch has averaged - 3 sec/day. So I am always on time.

My apologies for the error in the email address in the subject heading. It is as indicated in the main text: [email protected]

Last edited:

GuillermoUgarte

Known Member
21/4/21
California for now
Jaja. When I posted this review, I actually thought to myself that the person who posts “This thread is worthless…” is going to chide me for posting sans pics. You have a good point. My post was really just about the service and responsiveness of Mary Watch and really what I purchased was neither here nor there. But if you must know, I had an itch to try out a 6542 brownie with the blue-black and rust/brown bezel insert. And the only OOTB possibility (now that TS Stations has disappeared with the Serpico & Laino script version, which would have been perfect for me as stupid me did not 1 but 2 tours of duty in CCS) was Trusty Time Model: ROLGMT0217 which I got for $258 (not $268) via Mary Watch. So anyway this deservedly much maligned 6542 gives me the opportunity to try this “look” for a while. It has its obvious flaws. But I like it. Ultimately I plan to order up the fab Kilowattore 6542 but maybe with the same-colored bezel insert that does appear to be available right now on the Bay from Saigon for a cool $250. No picture again of the 6542 because the watch is about a hundred miles as the crow flies from me, sitting on the dock of the bay between sessions. But so you will not be too displeased, I will try to post later tonight a fuzzy cocktail hour wristie of an $86 homage “Seiko” (Addiesdive) 6105-811x “Captain Willard”. 43.8mm x 46.8mm Seiko NH35 calibre. 24 jewels. Supposedly 316L stainless steel. 20mm lug. 13.5mm thick. Has kept great time since April. Promise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ksjp