Has anyone heard from Chris?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone heard from Chris?

Chris (oligarch watches) was supposed to mail me my watch back in February and has since dropped off the planet. I have reason to believe I won’t be hearing from him for 6 years. Has anyone heard from him since the middle of February?

He's made tons of empty promises to me as well, unfortunately, I highly doubt we'll get our watches back. But hopefully I'm wrong and he doesn't prove to be all that bad. I should've just kepy the watches the first time I got them with the poor work done on them..

That being said, it sucks reliable watchsmiths are few and in between especially on the rep forums. There are some with super long lead time and high prices but do quality work, and there are others that are okay priced and hit or miss. It seems people adhereing to their time frames, especially in the US, is a luxury...

Comment

Agreed, this is the second bad experience (out of two) I’ve had with a watchsmith.

have you heard from him since mid-February?

Comment

Nope..crickets even after I've directly asked if he's planning to make good or not. This guy can't even set expectations when all I've asked for was a direct answer so I know where I stand. Lol.

Comment

So I’m supposed to be hearing from him in the next couple of days. I’ll keep you updated!

Comment

Any luck?

Comment

So I spoke to him on his personal cell (I found the number). He answered, I asked about the watch and he fed me some BS about something being wrong with it still. Said he’s be back in the office in 2 days and would finish/mail it. Never heard back and don’t get an answer anymore.

Comment

He returned a watch he serviced on March 5th, and also repaired another one he had serviced in January but had some crews falling out.

Haven't heard from him since. Hope he's well, but have to admin I'm a little uncomfortable after the screws came out of the first watch he serviced. Kind of the whole purpose of the service was to stop that from happening.

Comment

I'm in the same boat...no response since March 9. He's had my watch since Jan 7th...

Comment

Have you guys open help desk tickets? Hope you all get your gear back
                    My collection | Who has the best sub? A guide for noobs | List of TDs contact info

Comment

Originally posted by Nivka View Post
                      Have you guys open help desk tickets? Hope you all get your gear back
                      Not much we can do actually , he was removed as a vendor in Aug of last year , he doesnt answer to even the staff , he does shoddy work and often fails to return items
                      QFOAHDT

Comment

Originally posted by Raddave View Post

Not much we can do actually , he was removed as a vendor in Aug of last year , he doesnt answer to even the staff , he does shoddy work and often fails to return items
                        Wait, he was removed in August!? He wasn’t marked until we were discussing him earlier this year. January I think? He was still shown as trusted when I sent him my (yet to be returned) watch in September.

Comment

Originally posted by Tbird330 View Post

Wait, he was removed in August!? He wasn’t marked until we were discussing him earlier this year. January I think? He was still shown as trusted when I sent him my (yet to be returned) watch in September.
                          No , he was removed as a vendor in August of last year , he was placed on no sale when we found out he was still taking on work after that
                          QFOAHDT

Comment

Working...
                          X