• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thank you for a dream build

hzha8687

Daytonaism
22/12/18
Can’t thank Nik more enough for helping me build my first franken, from purchasing the watch, looking for parts together to getting it shipped to AU, it was a journey, but with Nik there was always an update along the way.

Let’s ignore how bad the endlinks look, only because we struggled to get the right ones for plating, but these links are going to go back for a cleanse of color when we start the next.

Thanks my man, appreciate the work you’ve done with this build.

Base watch 116509 noob
Gen slate racing dial
Gen racing hands
Gen crystal and gasket
Gen white gold bezel
Whole watch plated
Custom strap

345c398bb5b2827e5eb8fb4aba6735d3.jpg

9cde1909e566a790279a25b9729dc6ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Great watch, and the guidance of an involved and passionate modder is definitely a big part in the pleasure of frankening.

Enjoy it !

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:

H S

Smuggler
Patron
Certified
10/6/21
USA
Outstanding! Congrats, hzha8687!

A tip of the hat to Nik on the build. A true master.

Reactions: hzha8687

hzha8687

Daytonaism
22/12/18
Wow... Good looking watch.

How long did it take to build? Was it easy getting the parts?

I first messaged Nik in April, it took a while for all the parts, we had the issue where Noob closed down, and I wanted a 116519LN base watch so I didn’t have to end up with crappy endlinks. But we couldn’t source it anywhere!

Luckily Sead had a 116509 in stock in the UK so we took the opportunity and snatched that up.
After that it was the hunt for parts. The racing hands were the hardest to get, the dial was ok, it was finding the one I wanted which was a nib dial but we got there!

Plenty of white gold bezels on Chrono, so I picked one that was within budget. Nik helped with getting a new crystal and gasket.

Shipping was tough, the watch flew over 4 countries to get to me and that took almost a month and a bit!

Definitely tested patience here, but the end result was something amazing and it was worth it! If you are thinking of something similar, best way is to shoot Nik a PM and start there :)

Thanks

hzha8687

Daytonaism
22/12/18
Great watch, and the guidance of an involved and passionate modder is definitely a big part in the pleasure of frankening.

Enjoy it !

Envoyé de mon SM-G991B en utilisant Tapatalk

Was a fun process definitely, wait game was long but for my first franken it was worth it when I finally held it in hand!

Reactions: mrsullivan