X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal - Updated 5.20.19

Hey Everyone,

Just a quick post to say that we accept PayPal, and to make it publicly known the criteria for PayPal. Now all of you know that PP can be quite tricky and us TDs have had a colorful history with them, and the payment method being used abused by scammers, charge-backers, Noobs who don't understand the game, etc., etc.

Because of this we have some rules for qualifying for PayPal:

1. If you are a VIP member: 100+ post count, in good standing with the forum

2. If non-VIP member: 200+ post count, 1+ years on the forum, in good standing with the forum

3. Whether VIP or non-VIP and don't meet requirements, you can qualify for PayPal if you have 2 high-posting VIP members vouch for you over PM that you are trust-worthy

4. Any PayPal order will have an extra charge of 5% to combat the PP fees and bad exchange rates

Thanks for reading and we look forward to hearing from you soon!

Francis
    Last edited by MrTimeZone; 19-05-19, 19:05.

Good explanation,

Comment

great that a TD would accept paypal

Comment

How about someone who just doesn't post a lot here but at ebay I am "kimojburns" with a feedback score of 405 positive 0 neutral 0 negative. Please read what buyers say about me. The sellers too.
        Thank You and best to you all that is good, Jim
        Jim(I'm a Happy & Lucky Man)Burns

Comment

Originally posted by jdocburns View Post
          How about someone who just doesn't post a lot here but at ebay I am "kimojburns" with a feedback score of 405 positive 0 neutral 0 negative. Please read what buyers say about me. The sellers too.
          Hello! You raise an interesting point, and most likely something that is not unique to you. The reason for the post count is to ensure that the member is well-known and has participated in/contributed to the forums. While not perfect, it reduces the risk for the other members who are qualified and are using PayPal to buy from us. We do recognize that your eBay profile is nice and is impressive, but that is a totally different community compared to the replica hobby. We were actually flexible in allowing PayPal payments from buyers coming from other replica forums where Mr. TimeZone is not a TD (yet), so long as they meet the requirements in recognition of that community concept.

However, we at Mr. TimeZone offer a lot of other payment options such as Moneygram. Ria, Xoom, Western Union, BitCoin and Bank Transfer (Transferwise). Not to mention the cash payment options (except for BitCoin), have discounts applicable for retail priced watches. Rest assured we are looking for ways to allow for more buyers to be allowed to pay using PayPal while minimizing risk. So if you don't qualify for PayPal yet, then I would suggest using the other payment methods first, and at the same time starting to participate more, maybe think of upgrading (please contact trailboss99 ). You'll be qualified in no time.

Comment

Or just PM Raddave he can boost your post count.

Comment

Great idea making it easier for Supporters to qualify

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Originally posted by jdocburns View Post
                I am like you! I lurked here for a year prior to just finally signing up! I've been a seller on eBay for 14 yrs. I was hoping to use PayPal as well. I have no idea how I would make 300 posts.. or even 100

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

I sent an email about being new here and taking PayPal. I'm taking your advice to be active here. It may take forever to reach 100 posts. If I ever do, do I still need to be a member for a year? (I would like to buy sooner) What about Alipay?

Comment

Originally posted by harleyquinn View Post
                    I sent an email about being new here and taking PayPal. I'm taking your advice to be active here. It may take forever to reach 100 posts. If I ever do, do I still need to be a member for a year? (I would like to buy sooner) What about Alipay?

A good start would be to become a supporter and use WU till you meet the post count. The WU app works well when compared to making a trip to the local WU office. Most TD’s give you a decent discount for using WU to offset most of the cost.

Sent from the RWI App

Comment

At last paypal ! Thank you !

Comment

I would said the postcount higher because i saw a lot of spammers these days.

Nothing against people who dont post much but PayPal chargebacks are the worst for a TD because its quiet easy.

So i would make a higher postcount for non VIPs like 500 or something because 300 is also high but yeah it would be shitty if PayPal would ban you because for many people (like me) PayPal is the only option to use because my bank is blocking everything else from China. So PayPal is a good way to get around that.

And thank you that you give us members this option very kind of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerdragon View Post
                          I would said the postcount higher because i saw a lot of spammers these days.

Nothing against people who dont post much but PayPal chargebacks are the worst for a TD because its quiet easy.

So i would make a higher postcount for non VIPs like 500 or something because 300 is also high but yeah it would be shitty if PayPal would ban you because for many people (like me) PayPal is the only option to use because my bank is blocking everything else from China. So PayPal is a good way to get around that.

And thank you that you give us members this option very kind of you.
                          Thank you for the suggestion. We appreciate it and we take it into consideration. How strict or how lenient we are on PayPal purchases will depend on historical figures. We do recognize that spamming is a thing and that there are longtime lurkers as well. We can't please everyone but we do make sure it is the safest and most convenient situation for the majority.

Comment

Good to read and good luck with the new customers

Comment

This is good to read. I think I may step out of my comfort "newbie zone" and try the WU payment method.

Comment

Working...
                              X