• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

3rd order with Li

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I placed an order for a ZF 5296 with Li on the 21/05/20. Mail exchanges were a bit slower than usual due to the current situation but still good by other TDs standards.

QCs were approved around the 27/05/20 and the watch was shipped shortly after via 4px because according to Li DHL was too slow. The tracking updated to “shipment picked up” the day I received it and has been stuck on that ever since, it will be one month soon.

My advice is that you insist that your TD uses DHL or other shipping methods because 4px does not seem reliable as other members have had issues too, especially since it costs the same as the other fast and reliable methods.

Will update when I receive the watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Snookit

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
I had emailed Lana a few days ago and her answer was just “just be patient”. But with others having issues with 4px and receiving packages with different tracking numbers I wrote directly to Li asking if maybe my tracking number was incorrect.
His answer:

“Very sorry for the inconveniences caused.
Due to the Chinese customs security checking, those packages we sent in early of this month all stuck there in Chinese customs.
Yours is not the only one, this mess made us a big headache as well.

Your package now has been finally returned to my shipping agent yesterday, and has been reshipped again already.

New tracking info as follows, you shall be able to track it again soon online, it shall get moving smoothly this time.”

So if anyone has had their packages sent in early the first days of June and they are stuck you should probably ask Li for your new tracking number.

I kind of wish I would have been informed of that without having to ask, I would have requested to use DHL this time.

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Dhl is a nightmare from China currently with more problems than 4PX. Li has shipped to me in the UK successfully with 4PX and I have another enroute with them too. Patience and managed expectation is the key to getting your rep in these tricky times bud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Troklo

23/12/15
I'm pretty sure the TDs choose the safest method that can be used atm. If they are not sending via DHL it's probably because it's less reliable atm. I ordered from another TD via UK triangle and it was also sent via 4PX, took a while but it arrived safe and sound.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Dhl is a nightmare from China currently with more problems than 4PX. Li has shipped to me in the UK successfully with 4PX and I have another enroute with them too. Patience and managed expectation is the key to getting your rep in these tricky times bud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DHL worked perfectly fine for me (a week ago at least) but I understand that these things can change quickly for the worst and are unstable these days. As for my expectations, they are quite managed, it’s just a bit frustrating when you find out you have been trying to track a package for a month that basically hasn’t been shipped yet. That being said, I have no doubt I will eventually receive the watch and that Li is an excellent TD.

Reactions: botsyboy

Troklo

23/12/15
Yeah can understand would probably be frustrated in the same situation. That said it seems customs as specially strict at the moment. Reading through the forum it seems that a lot of packages have been delayed because of this. Hope you get your watch soon.

Reactions: Doud

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Yeah can understand would probably be frustrated in the same situation. That said it seems customs as specially strict at the moment. Reading through the forum it seems that a lot of packages have been delayed because of this. Hope you get your watch soon.

Thanks, will update when I get it

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
After almost 2 months being shipped (and reshipped) the watch arrived DOA and without the cardboard box that all ZF or PPF watches I received came with.

Pretty disappointed that I already have to send it to Domi or another Watchsmith. Contacted Li to tell him but shipping back to China is most definitely not something I want to try.

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Li was quite understanding, he first offered me to ship it back which I do not want to do. So now we agreed on having a portion of the repair costs as a discount on a future order.

I am still waiting to hear back from Domi, hope he is not on holidays.

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
Greetings...I'm on my third watch as well with Li. My previous two watches took exactly 8 days from the date of Lana's email with the tracking number (I'm in South Korea). JTime has been extremely easy to work with and I expect things will work out fairly soon. Hope to hear of your upcoming good news :)

pulp fiction

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/15
Still waiting on my watch with Li. Shipment was out around June 5th, unfortunately ran into some problems with customs. I've had really good purchasing experience with Li and Jtime before, primarily because they've done a spectacular job with QC which both puretime and toro had failed me before. I'm really hoping they'd pull through like I know they would. Just keeping a note here as safety. I'll write a good review once the watches arrive.

Cheers~