• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

First Purchase Live Blog– VSF Seamaster Aqua Terra 8900

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
March 17– Enquiry sent
March 21– Payment via Transferwise
March 22– Payment confirmed, wait for QC begins
March 23– First set of QC received, Omega insignia on dial visibly misaligned. Rejected.
March 25– Second set of QC, SAME watch, same flaw, Rejected.
March 28– Third set of QC, SAME watch, same flaw, Rejected.
April 4– Fourth set of QC, Same watch yet again (serial number), Omega insignia realigned by their technician (presumably), worse alignment than before. Rejected. Awaiting reply. jtimewatch

Last edited:

watchnerd23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/6/19
Are you saying he’s just showing you the same watch during each “new” set of QC pics?

jtimewatch

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
12/3/19
Guangzhou, China
Well, I am feeling sad that our efforts on this order worth nothing but only "Dissatisfied" to you.

Firstly, I would like to say 4 arounds of QC are 4 different watches, not same only one watch as you stated.

Luckily we still have two other watches in 2nd and 3rd around QC in our office still.
Picture is as follow aside with the fourth one:

VOBsCs.jpg

Picture of the case back of these 3 watches as follow for you as well, if you think these 4 round QC are same watch just because of the numbers under the bar code are all same, I cant do anything about it anyway.
Since factory made the numbers all the same.

VOBeAq.jpg

Secondly, this logo slanted thing is the factory batch issue, and we tried to help you get a better sample we could.
Also we have paid around $50 to our cooperated watchmaker to let him adjust the logo for us as well for this particular order.

Thirdly, I cant believe that since you are already a 6 years member here, you still stated something like this to make people think bad about us.
This is really making me feel sad.

Here, I only saw a people who wants a perfect replica but is not willing to wait nor give needed attitude.

Please send me an email with your account details info, I would like to refund and cancel the order.

Also, here are front angle QC pics of this order on 25th, 28th and 5th as follow, for guys who are interesting to see.

VOBx86.jpg

VOB23h.jpg

VOBGv0.jpg

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
jtimewatch

Thank you Li for your detailed response. I have had a few watches from VSF in the past all with different serial numbers, I wasn't aware the factory was no longer etching random serial numbers. Perhaps a cost-cutting measure. I apologize for my ignorance in this matter.

I'd be happy to update my experience here including the title.

Since the misaligned Omega insignia seems to be a consistent issue with the batch as you've stated, I'd be happy to change my order to a different model. My country has strict regulations regarding bank transfers from foreign banks.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
^^ Good info here.

Sir, would you be so kind as to edit the title of my thread? Seems my paranoia was unreasonable and VSF factory is at fault here. Wasn't aware they had stopped random serials and there is a batch issue with the misaligned Omega insignia.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Sir, would you be so kind as to edit the title of my thread? Seems my paranoia was unreasonable and VSF factory is at fault here. Wasn't aware they had stopped random serials and there is a batch issue with the misaligned Omega insignia.

Opening a post on the forum where you discredit a well established and honest TD just because you “wasn’t aware” that a rep factory do not usually put a unique serial number on their watches. That’s not cool at all.
I won’t be surprised if he puts you on a no-sale list.

Reactions: GeneralG

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
Opening a post on the forum where you discredit a well established and honest TD just because you “wasn’t aware” that a rep factory do not usually put a unique serial number on their watches. That’s not cool at all.
I won’t be surprised if he puts you on a no-sale list.

VSF has had random serials so far. Must've been a recent change.

That alone wasn't the reason for rejecting the QCs. The Omega insignia has been misaligned on all examples. I've owned VSF Omega's and a misaligned insignia is the most glaring flaw on a dial as big as the Aqua Terra's.

Reactions: 7Luke

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
VSF has had random serials so far. Must've been a recent change.

That alone wasn't the reason for rejecting the QCs. The Omega insignia has been misaligned on all examples. I've owned VSF Omega's and a misaligned insignia is the most glaring flaw on a dial as big as the Aqua Terra's.

You’ve been here long enough to (supposedly) know how to deal with a TD.
You should’ve talked directly with Li, which would have explained the model you chose is produced with the same serial by the factor BEFORE opening an unnecessary 3d accusing him (after you rejected not once, not twice, but four rounds of QC’s) to be trying to sell you the same watch every time.

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
You’ve been here long enough to (supposedly) know how to deal with a TD.
You should’ve talked directly with Li, which would have explained the model you chose is produced with the same serial by the factor BEFORE opening an unnecessary 3d accusing him (after you rejected not once, not twice, but four rounds of QC’s) to be trying to sell you the same watch every time.

Just look at the three watches here with exact same logo misalignment and same serial numbers, can't blame me for thinking it's the same watch I'm being sent QC for repetitively for 2 weeks. I told Lana I don't mind waiting for a piece with a well-aligned insignia.

If any of you guys would personally accept a logo misalignment of this order, then I'll happily co-ordinate with Li to process my refund but do take a closer look before bringing out the pitchforks.

b61dc19c466dbdee53726ea8ef07f0bc.jpg

d7736e0adc9d1bc0bbe3943b9fb7c0f8.jpg

b238ab70a15ac6f65fac33607f8eb04c.jpg

0d68d494af83510a79ac17b19776ccc5.jpg

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Just look at the three watches here with exact same logo misalignment and same serial numbers, can't blame me for thinking it's the same watch I'm being sent QC for repetitively for 2 weeks. I told Lana I don't mind waiting for a piece with a well-aligned insignia.

If any of you guys would personally accept a logo misalignment of this order, then I'll happily co-ordinate with Li to process my refund but do take a closer look before bringing out the pitchforks.

You are not getting roasted for questioning the logo on the watch, it’s for starting this dumbass play-by-play thread.

Reactions: Nikz19

phdsjain

I'm Pretty Popular
6/3/14
You are not getting roasted for questioning the logo on the watch, it’s for starting this dumbass play-by-play thread.

You are right, it was immature of me to do that. My frustration seems to have gotten the better of me. 6 years and almost 2K posts, I have never once indulged in something of the sort. Never have I rejected a QC more than once if at all.

Appreciate Li coming through and establishing for the record he indeed sent QCs for different watches each time, this will help bolster his standing as a Trusted Dealer. I do apologize to Li for my dismissive thread for what is in fact VSF's batch flaw.

Reactions: 15450 and Tucker

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
You are right, it was immature of me to do that. My frustration seems to have gotten the better of me. 6 years and almost 2K posts, I have never once indulged in something of the sort. Never have I rejected a QC more than once if at all.

Appreciate Li coming through and establishing for the record he indeed sent QCs for different watches each time, this will help bolster his standing as a Trusted Dealer. I do apologize to Li for my dismissive thread for what is in fact VSF's batch flaw.
At least you manned up. I hope you and Li work this out.