• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New order with Li ARF 116622 =D

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Just placed my latest order with Li at JTime. I have purchased several through him before, and he has always exceeded my expectations. Communication is fast, shipping is *extremely* fast and he is very helpful and patient while I try to find a watch I want. I ordered over Whatsapp the Rolex Yachtmaster with the grey dial and the blue hands. 116622 with a A2824 movement. Li told me that he is happy with this watch and that ARF's latest version is a farily accurate rep of it. I went ahead and Ordered and made payment today (10/7/19) and am now awaiting QC photos. FTR, I have never red lighted a watch through Li. I understand that no rep is going to be 100% perfect... in fact most Gen watches are not 100% perfect. Regardless, I have had Li send back a watch because he was not happy with it- he sent me a photo of the watch he received which had a mark on one of the hands that I likely would have either missed or thought was a problem with the photo. I'll report back once I get QC photos how it looks. Also- Once Li ships it, historically it has taken 4 days or less to get to my door. This is pretty amazing as far as I'm concerned. =)

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Li was fast with the QC. First watch came in on 10/11- I RL'd it because the DW was a little far out of alignment for my taste. Everything else on the watch looked good, and I only asked him what the likelihood of getting one better aligned would be- but he just said he'd grab another one. I hope I don't end up worse off, the chronograph measurements looksed pretty good and the rest of the watch was great. If the next one comes in misaligned, I might just run with it.

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
10/15 second QC came in, this one was spot on. Even the timegrapher had a better reading +1s/day vs +2 and the amplitude was a little higher. Told him to go ahead and send it- should be providing tracking info soon. =)

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Just another status update... Li shipped my watch out quickly, as he always does, and DHL has it right now in Hong Kong. Estimated delivery says Monday I'll have it in hand. I will happily post some in hand pics when it comes in. =)

Reactions: PhilippPzy

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Came in the mail today! Watch is beautiful! Movement feels a little dry- probably would benefit from a good service, but I'm just going to rock it and replace with a swiss ETA when this one wears out. Couldn't upload pictures, so here is an imgur link... https://imgur.com/a/rGnigeP
Thank you, Li, for another great watch! I'll post a few more pictures when I can take them out in the sun. =)

Matt88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/8/19
Came in the mail today! Watch is beautiful! Movement feels a little dry- probably would benefit from a good service, but I'm just going to rock it and replace with a swiss ETA when this one wears out. Couldn't upload pictures, so here is an imgur link... https://imgur.com/a/rGnigeP
Thank you, Li, for another great watch! I'll post a few more pictures when I can take them out in the sun. =)

Looks Great !

Reactions: sickopsycho

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Wanted to update you guys... this watch is phenomenal. The timegrapher said +1sec/day with a nice solid amplitude... and over the last few days I can confirm. I set it to the second the moment I unboxed it, and it immediately gained about 20 seconds. I was concerned, but it was likely because the power reserve was near nothing. I have had it on-wrist ever since, and sitting flat- face up- on the table at night... and have gained exactly 1 second over the last 2 days. Very nice! This watch is right on par with my VSF Omega PO (also ordered from Li) which is the most accurate mechanical watch I own. =) My seikos and even my Aquacy (microbrand) with a gen swiss ETA2824 aren't regulated this well. Kudos to whoever is putting these things together over there!

Reactions: PhilippPzy

AbrK

Looking Around
20/10/19
honestly the bezel looks kinda shabby, i've got the real thing, the face on your replica is perfect and makes me feel bad for buying the real thing hahaha but the bezel, really need to get that upgraded

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
honestly the bezel looks kinda shabby, i've got the real thing, the face on your replica is perfect and makes me feel bad for buying the real thing hahaha but the bezel, really need to get that upgraded

I'm wondering what exactly looks so "shabby" about the bezel? Here is a comparison side-by-side with gen, I'm thinking it looks pretty good. This picture kind of makes the numbers on the bezel look a little more rounded then gen, which appears to have a pretty flat face... but when I look at the watch on my wrist, it looks pretty spot on. What are you referring to that looks so bad about it?
https://imgur.com/a/KPIfCcO

That said, is there a factory that makes a better bezel than ARF? Maybe if I saw a more accurate bezel I would notice the differences and swap it out. :bringiton:

AbrK

Looking Around
20/10/19
You got it right, just about how its rounded. Glad you're happy with it!

PhilippPzy

Supporter
Certified
3/12/18
Germany
Bro how is the bezel clicking is it rather difficult to turn and how is the sound. I want to get the same watch as soon as she's there, I'll let it be modded by tomrep.

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Bro how is the bezel clicking is it rather difficult to turn and how is the sound. I want to get the same watch as soon as she's there, I'll let it be modded by tomrep.

Bezel turns about perfectly. It's not difficult at all, but not overly loose either. There is a nice clicking sound associated with it, and the tactile feedback is nice. The only thing I noticed, and it's totally nit picking... is that if you press down on one side of the bezel, there is the smallest amount of play where it will move just a hair. Not a huge deal, and you don't notice it unless you're looking for it... but I believe gen is fit together tighter to where it does not do this. It's an outstanding watch and I've worn it every day since I got it. I did have an issue with the reversing gears, here is a thread about my issue...
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...wheel-drive-wheel-troublesome-on-2824-2-clone
The clone 2824 movement was bone dry when I opened it up, and the reversing wheels are stuck. Not a huge deal, a pair of them is fairly cheap (~$15 for gen ETA) so I ordered replacements. What happened, however, was when I went to wind the watch, the rotor inside would spin. This obviously isn't supposed to happen, and although I rarely wind the watch by hand, I still want everything to work correctly. I took them out and tried to loosed them up, but you're not supposed to oil them- so I just ordered replacements.
This watch was regulated perfectly. I have worn it for a week (off at night, sits face up on the nightstand) and it has gained a little less than 3 seconds. Pretty damned impressive, if you ask me!

PhilippPzy

Supporter
Certified
3/12/18
Germany
Nice to hear bro. Have the same issue with my Tudor pelages from zf but its not a big deal, because I never manually wind my watch. When I have my watch I will post a pic after the Tomrep bezel mod. cheers

sickopsycho

15/6/19
NC, USA
Nice to hear bro. Have the same issue with my Tudor pelages from zf but its not a big deal, because I never manually wind my watch. When I have my watch I will post a pic after the Tomrep bezel mod. cheers

Not sure how old your watch is, but after wearing mine for a few weeks, the reversing wheels loosened up and now it winds fine without the rotor spinning. I did open it up and lube the arbors, but it was the clutches that were stuck. Anyway- just thought I'd mention that you should give it another shot after a while... they may free themselves up.