• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Back again...

IWUGRAD09

Known Member
13/5/16
Midwest, USA
Hi All, I've been away for quite a while, but miss the discussions and great group of people here on RWI. The gen boards are vicious LOL. I don't have any reps at the moment. I sold them all, but there are a couple that I really miss. Looking forward to catching up.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome back.

Pure curiosity, but if you dont mind me asking, what did you have and what are your biggest regrets selling?
I suppose I'm interested in whether you think you'll replace like for like, or go for the newer versions? Or get an older one and mod it etc.

IWUGRAD09

Known Member
13/5/16
Midwest, USA
I don't mind at all. I had several at one point, but I could not have afforded so many of them in my real life, so they made me uncomfortable. If I just had one, then I could get away with it, but they got way too much attention where I work. Here are a few that I had:

AP Royal Oak blue and white
IWC Portugueser
Vintage datejust with gen case and dial, swiss movement - This one I miss!!
Rolex GMT BLRO Pepsi
Omega Planet Ocean - Orange
Rolex Sub 116610
Tudor Black Bay red on gen Tudor strap - This one I miss, and am looking to buy another.
Vintage Rolex GMT Pepsi on Jubilee
More that I can't remember right now. All purchased M2M here except one that I got from Sead.

I wish I had kept the datejust just because it was such a nice piece. Selling it was a mistake. And the Tudor same thing. Such a nice piece that I could afford in real life, but I decided that all reps were going to go.

I've been focusing on Swiss automatic gens in the < = $2,000 range (Longines, Tissot, Baume & Mercier, Frederique Constant, Raymond Weil, TAG, Maurice LaCroix) that I'm purchasing pre-owned. I've built up what is for me, a very nice collection that I can wear and not be paranoid.

I'm not a modder at all, no skills in that area. Newer versions are not really important either. I definitely want the Tudor and then I'll see what pops up that interests me.

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks for sharing,

Sounds like an impressive collection, both that you sold off, but also what you currently have.

I remember seeing a thread somewhere where you can post a pic of your collection, must look for it again.

Huge fan of Tissot tbh, but the cheapo ones, (the T-Races for the coloured straps) and have a few Tags and Raymond Weils myself, more formal watches.

Not a modder either, purely here for the eyecandy, others are far more knowledgeable on that front.

Welcome back again and hope you get the Tudor (and Datejust) you're after.

Best of luck & stay safe.

Reactions: IWUGRAD09