• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

eBoy

⏱️ RWI New Members Area Chief Janitor 🎪🛠️
Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Hey there!

New member from Europe here. I own a small collection of watches (all Gen) and am interested in adding a few Reps. Great forum you guys run here!

Cheers
eBoy

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome aboard and enjoy the hobby (very addictive)

Reactions: eBoy

mew

18/12/15
Germany
I own a small collection of watches (all Gen) and am interested in adding a few Reps. Great forum you guys run here!

Cheers
eBoy

That's great, what watches do you own? I find it interesting, through this forum I learned that the most obsessed watch lovers usually own multiple GENs as well as reps (looking at people like Legend with his AP collection and others with their GEN rolex and Pam collections). I'm sure you will fit right in here. :)

Rich883

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
22/8/18
Welcome from NL, any idea what your next purchase will be?

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
That's great, what watches do you own?

Nothing too spectacular, mostly Seikos, Casio Edifice, and other in the 50 to 300 Euros range. Gen brands I own that are also available as Reps: Tissot, Longines and a Tag (Quartz), which was the most expensive at €1.7k. I'm saving for a Gen Omega Seamaster, probably used, as I don't intend to spend more than 5k €.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Welcome from NL, any idea what your next purchase will be?

Well, as I'm interested in buying a Gen Seamaster, I'm probably going for a Seamaster Rep as my first Rep, to make the waiting time less painful. Although I'm kind of intrigued by the idea of getting a Speedy Rep first (I will later anyway lol).

I'm still investigating which Rep factory / Rep model to pick (VSF seem to be the 'Omega experts'..). As for the dealer, I'm considering Puretime from the TD list here.

Reactions: Rich883

Rich883

Certified
22/8/18
Both are nice and there are nice reps out there, i have only bought second hand from sales section so i dont have experience with the TD's.

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Both are nice and there are nice reps out there, i have only bought second hand from sales section so i dont have experience with the TD's.

I was thinking that this is a good option as well, especially considering that buying from a EU member would eliminate the customs problem. But good offers seem to sell quicker here than I'm able to keep track with LOL.

I'm in touch with Puretime and they seem to be very organized and responsive, also in regard to adjusting the shipping routes to the current political changes in the EU, so I'm getting closer and closer to my first order... Still can't decide on the specific model, but I decided I'll go with a Seamaster, just not sure about which variation. They're all so tempting... Lol

Last edited:

man5on90

Even a Copy Gives You a Distinctive Feeling
Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Welcome! .. Lots to learn with great information here. Enjoy!

Rich883

Certified
22/8/18
Yes, the nice ones go quick here :) TD's ofcourse can provide you. i hope you end up with a nice watch :)

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Yes, the nice ones go quick here :) TD's ofcourse can provide you. i hope you end up with a nice watch :)
I pulled the trigger on a used, but newer SM 300M with a Swiss ETA swap at Repgeek from a user with a good history since 2008. I spent about as much as on a new one from a TD incl. the shipping, but considering the swap and the fact that new TD orders won't happen until May (and the fact that I was eager to get my first Rep), I think it's a good choice.

I'll post some new pics once it arrives... Here is one from the sales thread:

cb9c76410d1c7d6b4a3aaa73c43a7a29.jpg

Last edited:

eBoy

Section Moderator
Certified
2/4/21
Eurasia
Seller shipped the watch. Now it's just waiting... Kind of relieved that it's an EU seller, so my first "customs thriller" is postponed until I can make my first TD purchase! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

Rich883

Certified
22/8/18
Eta is always good! The watch itself looks also really good! Hope it arrives quick