• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New US Member

twillis22

Horology Curious
29/3/21
Hi All,
I'm finally getting through all the reading. It's awesome how helpful this community is. I'm looking to make my first purchase soon and was wondering if anyone had some tips for me. Like "I wish I knew this before buying my first rep."
Anyway, thanks again. Looking forward to seeing and learning more.
Cheers!

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Read all the stickied threads in the New Member Area, well worth an hour or so, itll stand to you for sure.

There is so much info and research you should do before you pull the trigger on a purchase.

Welcome aboard & enjoy

twillis22

Horology Curious
29/3/21
Thanks for the heads up. It's tempting to pull the trigger but I'll do my research beforehand.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
100%.
Whilst for the most part all the TDs have access to the same factories, some could have UK stock (Sead for example) & some are quicker than others, others could have discounts or new models etc. They all vary.

It all depends on what you want as at the end of the day, it's you who'll make the decision and part with your money.

Check out the NWBIG list, an excellent repository of info, not to mention the other stickies. RWI is full of so much helpful threads, be a crying shame to waste it.

Do you have a certain model or brand you're looking for?

Good luck with your first purchase & best of luck.

Make sure to post the pics afterwards :D

twillis22

Horology Curious
29/3/21
Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out! I'm deep into all the info and there's so much to learn
Check out the NWBIG list, an excellent repository of info, not to mention the other stickies. RWI is full of so much helpful threads, be a crying shame to waste it.

Might be a dumb question, but I see a lot of people referencing individuals when they talk about buying through a TD. Is it typical to coordinate/email an individual vs buying directly from a TD site? Or does an individual contact you directly after you've made a purchase?

I'm looking at an Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Apollo 13.
I've dreamed of owning the gen version but it's incredibly rare (and expensive haha).
I'll absolutely post pics whenever I get my hands on it.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out! I'm deep into all the info and there's so much to learn

Might be a dumb question, but I see a lot of people referencing individuals when they talk about buying through a TD. Is it typical to coordinate/email an individual vs buying directly from a TD site? Or does an individual contact you directly after you've made a purchase?

I'm looking at an Omega Speedmaster Silver Snoopy Apollo 13.
I've dreamed of owning the gen version but it's incredibly rare (and expensive haha).
I'll absolutely post pics whenever I get my hands on it.

No dumb questions, except the ones not asked :)

When you contact a TD, through their contact details on here (in the TD section) either via PM or email, someone will reply & depending on the size of the TD could be a one man/woman operation or a company's staff.

If I were you, I'd do up an email and send them all the same request, see who gets back and then make a decision, based on the feedback/price/availability etc?

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Best of luck with your purchase :)

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Welcome and enjoy your stay. Apart from researching the watch you're interested in, research the TDs as well. All the best.

Rich883

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
22/8/18
My first buy was a Franken from the sales section. i am still in love with it :) And welcom here!

man5on90

Even a Copy Gives You a Distinctive Feeling
Supporter
Certified
1/5/20
Welcome! .. Lots to learn with great information here. Enjoy!