• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from Manchester uk

Reactions: Srp111 and P..DR..D

Srp111

Horology Curious
28/3/21
Manchester UK
Cheers guys will take a look at that, nice explorer, I had a gen one of those some years ago sold it for around 2k kicking myself now. Lol.
I have only had copy watches bought on holiday from Greece and places and they have been shocking, I can't wait to get the rolex and see what the quality is like.

The Explorer is another one I nearly bought, this time used from my local Jeweler, luckily I was going through a 45mm - 46mm go big or go home phase. It's also worth remembering if you buy more reps on a strap not a bracelet and have big wrists, the straps are usually short. It's a right pain where the cat got the thermometer.

Reactions: Srp111

Srp111

Horology Curious
28/3/21
Manchester UK
45mm is far too big for my scrawny wrists, short straps are fine with me, I prefer the metal straps as again the leather straps have always been very inferior quality

45mm is far too big for my scrawny wrists, short straps are fine with me, I prefer the metal straps as again the leather straps have always been very inferior quality

The leather straps on the stuff you have been buying on your holidays will indeed be awful, the leather-ish strap that came with the first Ranger I got is surprisingly OK apart from me having to add two extra holes right at the end to suit my 8 inch wrists

This is probably the biggest watch I own

How are you at taking links out of watch bracelets?

Srp111

Horology Curious
28/3/21
Manchester UK
I have 15 watches and swap bands and straps almost daily and a bag of about 40 straps so that doesn't faze me one bit, I love the beauty of the movements the beating hearts of a watch

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
The leather straps on the stuff you have been buying on your holidays will indeed be awful, the leather-ish strap that came with the first Ranger I got is surprisingly OK apart from me having to add two extra holes right at the end to suit my 8 inch wrists

This is probably the biggest watch I own

How are you at taking links out of watch bracelets?

That citizen looks like a beast, well wear

That citizen looks like a beast, well wear

Known as the Eco-Zilla or sometimes The Ashtray. I've had it since about 2004, I've dived with it, camped in deserts with it and stayed in nice hotels with it and the only thing to go wrong was the original divers strap cracked so I got some adapters and stuck it on a NATO. It also doubles a weapon, if you find yourself in a sticky situation you can always hit someone with it.:trailboss:

I have 15 watches and swap bands and straps almost daily and a bag of about 40 straps so that doesn't faze me one bit, I love the beauty of the movements the beating hearts of a watch

Sounds like you are all sorted then, I had a sailcoth thing arrive yesterday so have done a couple of swaps today. Agree about the watch movements, you sometimes can't explain it to some people.

Reactions: P..DR..D