• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Good evening from Wisconsin, USA

BryanMunich

Looking Around
28/3/21
Hello,
I just signed up for the forum, so I'm doing my duty and introducing myself.

Like many, I have been interested in reps for a while and I'm ready to take the plunge on something like an Omega A8605 from a seller like PureTime. $300-$500 is a lot for me to spend so I'll be doing my research/due diligence to feel as comfortable as I can be before putting the money down.

I hope it doesn't lead to an obsession. I have a feeling that my first purchase could be followed by another 2 or 10.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
Welcome. Great start here. Ordered few watches from Pure Time with no issues. Just a FYI they also have Service plus waterproofing which I reccomend to buy with the watch. This way its cleaned and lubed by them. Unless you have a watchsmith. Read on how to post QC (Quality Control) photos if you have questions, but just compare Gen (Genuine) photos with rep (Replica) and also photos on their site that should make your pass or fail. Dont be too picky on some stuff because it may look big in a photo but its small in real life and not noticeable unles you have magnification. These are reps so understand they are not like gen and with many factories each will have their pros and cons. But read up take your time and unfortunately its not the last watch you will buy. I told that to my wife after getting my grail watches I always wanted, so I see my wanted list grown each day. Some call it a curse I call it a love story lol.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome. Great start here. Ordered few watches from Pure Time with no issues. Just a FYI they also have Service plus waterproofing which I reccomend to buy with the watch. This way its cleaned and lubed by them. Unless you have a watchsmith. Read on how to post QC (Quality Control) photos if you have questions, but just compare Gen (Genuine) photos with rep (Replica) and also photos on their site that should make your pass or fail. Dont be too picky on some stuff because it may look big in a photo but its small in real life and not noticeable unles you have magnification. These are reps so understand they are not like gen and with many factories each will have their pros and cons. But read up take your time and unfortunately its not the last watch you will buy. I told that to my wife after getting my grail watches I always wanted, so I see my wanted list grown each day. Some call it a curse I call it a love story lol.

This is very good advice & you seem to be doing all the research pre, not post, purchase, which is a great start.

Welcome aboard & best of luck with your first order, best give the bank a buzz though as I nearly guarantee you wont stop at 1 ;);)

BryanMunich

Looking Around
28/3/21
Thanks to everyone who took time to reply. It seems this is a very experienced and knowledgeable place to learn. Thanks again!

Reactions: P..DR..D

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Aloha from Hawaii!
Yes, it becomes an addiction. :welcome:
​​​​​​..... Just one more watch....

Reactions: P..DR..D