• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newbie and thanks

steinny

Horology Curious
9/3/21
Newbie here and happy to find the site. It's a whole new world to me and have collected watches for 20+ years. There's definitely a rep speak (acronym's) I need to get up to speed with and never realized so much to the rep world.

I have had a tough year as many have and had to sell a number of gens to keep afloat. Ended up buying two Steinharts to keep in the game and both fantastic with performance within +2 sec a day! What I did cone to realize is that I bought my Vintage 39 GMT with ETA Elabore to feel close to the Rolex vintage brand and it cost me nearly 800US! I thought there must be great reps that will fulfill me even more and found this site. Have been reading for weeks and never knew the extent of reps (mods..)

So, just want to thank the community ahead of time for being here and all the info available before I purchase!

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome aboard.

Had my eye on a couple of Steinharts before on another site - a pure impulse purchases that never came to fruition, just means more REPs to buy so happy days.

Which ones do ya have & what brand you edging towards.

steinny

Horology Curious
9/3/21
Explorer ll but love the vintage bakelite but imagine they're hard to make look authentic. Have the Steinhart 39 Vintage Pepsi and 500 Premium. The performance is COSC level but 790 and 720US so imagine I could have done well with a great rep or two... Thanks.

Reactions: P..DR..D

DieBe

Horology Curious
11/6/20
Hi steinny,
i started with a Steinhart vintage red, but the size and the bezel never came close to what i was searching for. But with a good rep you get much closer to a gen.

Reactions: steinny

steinny

Horology Curious
9/3/21
I know it must be asked often but from what I see as a newbie it appears that Noob has a vast collection and appears to be nice work. My question is if you had to buy one manufacturers product in Rolex would Noob be up there? I'm sure different manufacturers do a better job at specific models but as a general choice?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Welcome and enjoy your stay. Noob would be a good choice, but I suggest you look at others before making a decision. All the best.

Reactions: steinny