• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newby hunting 114300 grape

AndeeTee

Looking Around
11/3/21
Hi all, so after months of hunting around I stumbled across this forum, whilst in a meeting a while ago I noticed a watch a guy had on and thought wow, i didn’t know what it was apart from a Rolex, could have been a rep for all I know, anyway turns out it was the OP 39mm in red grape.
I thought about saving up for the genuine item, but think now it would be best to get a good rep, I’m looking at the ARF, but there’s loads about and I’ve hunted tirelessly but unsure who to trust etc.
Should I get the more expensive bracelet or the standard one.
So many decisions, I’ve never bought a rep before but have enjoyed researching.
Passes the time during lockdown...

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
The red grape ARF 114300 is a terrific watch. Can’t go wrong with it, great choice for your first rep if you ask me.
Not sure what you mean by more expensive bracelet?

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Stick to the TDs section and contact a few, see what they advise. I'd also hit the Rolex sub-forum, slot of knowledgeable folk there who will surely be able to assist.

Welcome aboard

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Welcome and enjoy your stay. I own a JF 114300 with the grey rhodium dial (no longer available) which is the precursor to the ARF model. These are the best OP models made with a slight edge to the ARF because of the 904L stainless steel used on the case and bracelet. Choose whichever rep that fits your budget. All the best.

AndeeTee

Looking Around
11/3/21
Thanks guys, I’ve found a couple but
one is 288usd but 478usd with the 904L bracelet and case, not sure which would be best, also heard the UBF is very good and the coronet is better than the ARF. Would be great with a 2824 movement also....

AndeeTee

Looking Around
11/3/21
Cheers’ that’s the exact one I had a screenshot on my phone of. Don’t know why I have been dithering so much lol.
How long do these Reps typically last? I’ll probably wear it 2-3 days a week to be honest.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire