• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New member, never owned a rep

Cocobananas

Horology Curious
4/3/21
Hi all,
just joined this week in Europe and have already done a ton of reading. Have a couple of gens - an IWC portugieser and 2 Omegas, including a modded Misukoshi speedy.

Never actually considered owning a rep: my original thinking was to pick up a Panerai rep to see if I could live with the size and shape, without risking a multiple thousand € or $ mistake. Now I'm so impressed with what I see here that I'm thinking about just staying rep.

NIce to be here and really appreciate the knowledge and the tone of the place!

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome aboard.

From what I can see ALOT of the PAM reps are considered NWBIGs, they look stunning.

Be sure to check out the CONSENSUAL list and the PAM sub forum for the guides/advice.

My next order is gonna be either a 127 or 217, as a tester to see whether they suit wrist/cuff.

Enjoy the research

Reactions: Cocobananas

Cocobananas

Horology Curious
4/3/21
Thanks for the welcome @P..RD..D!

As seen in my first post (a WTB) I am really looking for a 512 to dip my toes into the Panerai water. I know it ain't one for the purists and it's discontinued, but it fits my style more than the bigger models.

I have a feeling that if I find one eventually it might be a gateway drug though ;)

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I imagine you're gonna spend a fortune when ya see the various options ;)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi all,
just joined this week in Europe and have already done a ton of reading. Have a couple of gens - an IWC portugieser and 2 Omegas, including a modded Misukoshi speedy.

Never actually considered owning a rep: my original thinking was to pick up a Panerai rep to see if I could live with the size and shape, without risking a multiple thousand € or $ mistake. Now I'm so impressed with what I see here that I'm thinking about just staying rep.

NIce to be here and really appreciate the knowledge and the tone of the place!

I am a fellow gen owner (Pateks, AP, Rolex mostly) and I don't own a rep currently, so welcome!
For Pams.. I think its fair to say that I will never buy the gen. So yes, good call there lol.

PAM_BOY

Legendary Member
6/5/19
Germany
Welcome ! :cheers:

But why the childs 42mm version > GO BIG! and enjoy the PAM SPIRIT!

Here is your PAM guide!
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ca-search-identification-evaluation-selection

Ps. For me it's fair to say that I would never buy the gen Pateks, AP's! Not EVEN AS A REP!
Most of them look like your Grandfathers watch or as you've picked them up from the childs digging table of Walmart!:rofl:

But as always
''Dē gustibus nōn est disputandum'';)

Cocobananas

Horology Curious
4/3/21
Welcome ! :cheers:

But why the childs 42mm version > GO BIG! and enjoy the PAM SPIRIT!

Here is your PAM guide!
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...tion-selection

Ps. For me it's fair to say that I would never buy the gen Pateks, AP's! Not EVEN AS A REP!
Most of them look like your Grandfathers watch or as you've picked them up from the childs digging table of Walmart!:rofl:

But as always
''Dē gustibus nōn est disputandum'';)

Haha, I hear you. But I'm in a conservative work environment, and would bet that I'm well at the older end of the members here, so a "normal" size would be out of my (current) comfort zone. My Portugieser is pushing it for me already!

And for an unpopular watch, nobody seems to be getting rid of those 42mm's!

Going to the wristies thread now!!

Last edited: