• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi there !

Qoqa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/2/21
Hello guys,

I'm 28yo, living in Europe, and loving watches.
The fact I am here is that I can't afford (actually don't want to pay that muche for luxury watches)

I was a watch designer, and I'm working in a watch manufacture as product manager for 2 years.

And the most important, I play golf, even if I still suck at it by now ahah (15 handicap).

See you, and thanks to the admin for this forum, which is helpful for beginner like me in the Rep industry !

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome aboard Bach. Enjoy the research

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Hello guys,

I'm 28yo, living in Europe, and loving watches.
The fact I am here is that I can't afford (actually don't want to pay that muche for luxury watches)

I was a watch designer, and I'm working in a watch manufacture as product manager for 2 years.

And the most important, I play golf, even if I still suck at it by now ahah (15 handicap).

See you, and thanks to the admin for this forum, which is helpful for beginner like me in the Rep industry !

As a watch designer the pressure will be on to see what you come up with in Franken builds :p:p

Do you have a preference or personal favourite Brand?

Qoqa

22/2/21
I fully take that responsability ! ;)

I do have a few project in mind, but I may use some custom part, I'll see what's the best. Actually a cross a border every day to go to work, so I may not take a full replica. But some specifics parts like a strap or a case. I will probably use the case of a 41 DateJust, with a jubilee strap and a fluted bezel. I have a 2824 Eta in stock, i've to see if it can fits in, and I have to order a custom dial, maybe with my name on it, there is still a lot of work to do !

About my preferences... My favorite brand is Audemars Piguet, I like their entire collection. (currently on a waiting list for a 15202.. But it's more as an invest than a pure pleasure)
As many of us I think, my preferences change year after year. In different field I would choose:

Entry level : Beaubleu / Maen / Seiko
Midrange : Zenith / Schwarz Etienne
Highrange: Gronefeld / AP / Moritz Grossmann / Jacquet Droz / Hublot

Dream watches:
AP - 26397BC.OO.D321CR.04
Cartier - Rotonde Double Tourbillon Mystérieux

I own a Gen Hamilton Khaky Navy pioneer, a Zenith Elite Chronograph Classic, and a Hublot Big Bang Unico 411 (no Rep yet..)

The first 2 watches are for sale, I keep the Hublot for the moment, but this may change. (I know I said I don't want to pay that much for Gen watches ahah, but I had these for a (very) good price, I can't lose money on these, that's why..)

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Will you try a rep AP do you think?

Qoqa

22/2/21
Probably yes, I've read a lot about the AP rep.. Was looking for a 15202, but the dial seems still very different from the Gen. Maybe a 15500 then !

The others rep that I'm interested in are Pepsi, DateJust and Carbon Daytona. These may be the most reviewed watches so It should be easy to choose, well, looks like its not ahah

What rep have you got?

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Very nice.

I've ordered an AP15500 (black dial) and a patek 5711 (blue dial) and just waiting on the QC pictures, cant wait.

Qoqa

22/2/21
Quite a big order hear!! Congrats !
Which factory did you pick for the 15500?

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Welcome! Yeah, I ordered 2 AP 15500s AND a 15400. All in the mail. :rolleyes:​​​​​​
This is an addiction.

Qoqa

22/2/21
Thanks guys !

Sounds like a nice pick ! I just ordered a 15400, should be in the mail soon, I'm pretty exited to see how it feels !

Btw, I was scrolling and I found this page from an other forum. These with a leather strap looks incredible ! This may be one of my future purchase, have a look:

https://www.rwg.bz/board/index.php?/...ons-of-photos/

Last edited:

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks guys !

Sounds like a nice pick ! I just ordered a 15400, should be in the mail soon, I'm pretty exited to see how it feels !

Btw, I was scrolling and I found this page from an other forum. These with a leather strap looks incredible ! This may be one of my future purchase, have a look:

Not a huge fan of rose gold, but have to say the leather does compliment it very well, good contrast so very well matched.

Saying that though, I found all of my leather straps tend to smell after a while on my wrist, maybe im just a sweaty betty :(

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Welcome! Yeah, I ordered 2 AP 15500s AND a 15400. All in the mail. :rolleyes:​​​​​​
This is an addiction.

Ya went all out, fair play, it certainly is addictive.

Havent even gotten my first order and already thinking about next one, so so much to choose from.

Well wear!

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Thanks guys !

That is the 15400 I ordered. LoL JF V5 black dial rose gold on strap.

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Ya went all out, fair play, it certainly is addictive.

Havent even gotten my first order and already thinking about next one, so so much to choose from.

Well wear!

The first 15500 is a blue dial I picked up on m2m, the price was right, and it was CNY and needed to buy a watch to feed my addiction. The other is a black dial like you said you purchased. I have an AP ROO with SpongeBob he just finished with service and mods, so that's on its way as well. I'll be in AP heaven soon. :rolleyes:

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
The first 15500 is a blue dial I picked up on m2m, the price was right, and it was CNY and needed to buy a watch to feed my addiction. The other is a black dial like you said you purchased. I have an AP ROO with SpongeBob he just finished with service and mods, so that's on its way as well. I'll be in AP heaven soon. :rolleyes:

Out of curiosity, and you can PM of you want, but what mods and what did they cost, that you deemed necessary to an OOTB AP Roo?

I'm envious that youll probably be receiving g your AP before me, well wear!!!