• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello new to the forum - A 1940's nice Gen/rep parts mod

Timewelling

Horology Curious
27/2/21
UK
Hi all,

I though I would say hello with this little gem I put together form myself some time ago. I sourced the Gen dial on ebay about 2 years ago it cost me about 150 pounds. The case I got from raffles and the hands were laying around in my stock of hands that is ever growing but i still dont have the right ones for this but hey ho! They will come along eventually! The movement is a 2792/3 cannot remember, you maybe able to read it on their!

It is the dial that is featured on the Tudor website on their history page from the 1940's there were a few marks on the dial but i cannot complain it not like i could get another one!
ZX3whR.md.png

The movement was used but after a service it was beating like a boss!
ZX3XQQ.md.jpg

And here was its first outing on the wrist the time was perfect for the photo! I was fitting some lines before decent!

ZX3dfL.md.jpg

I don't wear this as often as I should as I live in a pre bond quartz seamaster, and I dont think I will be happy till i stumble upon the hands for it.. i know I could buy something in the same style but these were old and I think they need to be old or left in some salt water for a month.

Anyway I hope this wasn't the most boring hello post you have read this week! If you want more photos or anything else let me know!

ZX3TUS.jpg

Last edited:

Timewelling

Horology Curious
27/2/21
UK
I did forget to mention I had to change the crystal as the second hand was touching, the dial has a dome to it... so It required a acrylic dome! added to the vintage look as well! Win!