• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another noob in the Rep world

Milan8161

Horology Curious
12/2/21
Hi,

Tired of sucking up to Rolex ADs for a SS watch, and dealing with the exorbitant prices in the secondary market, I have finally given up the hope of ever acquiring a genuine Rolex. Then thankfully chanced upon RepTime Reddit post. And I'm here to buy the best possible replica of some Rolex watches (to start with)... my inexperience with the replica market, as well as with Reddit notwithstanding.

I have already made the first purchase.. went for my personal favourite grail "everyday" watch Rolex Explorer 1 (for which I was getting laughed out of the ADs for).
Since I wasn't familiar with the dealers or factories, I just went for one which appeared "trust"worthy.. TrustyTime. :D

If the deal goes well, this is by no means the last watch I would be buying. I am well aware that you guys must be getting truckloads of 'help-me' messages like this.. but any advice in this regard will be very much appreciated. I will do my own research of course, but pro-tips would be very useful, regarding which Rolex models are best made, which factory to choose from etc etc.. or whatever that you might think would help a noob.

Thanks in advance!

Milan.

Wolex

7/2/20
Great! Welcome to the forum!
I was buying my first rep watch not too long ago so I can relate to what you’re saying! Do your research on the watch, factory and TD and then don’t hesitate to go ahead. I’ll dig up my first post and show you the tips which I learnt from my first purchase...

Reactions: Milan8161

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I'll second exactly what Wolex said. Research, research and research.

Use the search function. Any question you've considered, in my opinion, has already probably been asked.
And if not, I imagine they will enjoy discussing what you come up with.

Welcome Aboard

BROGG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/21
Berthoud, Colorado
You sound like me! Although, the replica world was just a gateway to gen watches, lol! I'm in awe of the knowledge here. I was lurking a long time before I joined, tough for me to add much with all the knowledge here.

Milan8161

Horology Curious
12/2/21
Thanks very much guys. Much appreciated.

The breadth of knowledge in these forums are mind boggling! :O

Last edited:

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hi,

Tired of sucking up to Rolex ADs for a SS watch, and dealing with the exorbitant prices in the secondary market, I have finally given up the hope of ever acquiring a genuine Rolex. Then thankfully chanced upon RepTime Reddit post. And I'm here to buy the best possible replica of some Rolex watches (to start with)... my inexperience with the replica market, as well as with Reddit notwithstanding.

I have already made the first purchase.. went for my personal favourite grail "everyday" watch Rolex Explorer 1 (for which I was getting laughed out of the ADs for).
Since I wasn't familiar with the dealers or factories, I just went for one which appeared "trust"worthy.. TrustyTime. :D

If the deal goes well, this is by no means the last watch I would be buying. I am well aware that you guys must be getting truckloads of 'help-me' messages like this.. but any advice in this regard will be very much appreciated. I will do my own research of course, but pro-tips would be very useful, regarding which Rolex models are best made, which factory to choose from etc etc.. or whatever that you might think would help a noob.

Thanks in advance!

Milan.

Hello and :welcome:​​​​​​​