• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My experience with ado213

London_rolex_lover

Horology Curious
19/10/19
London
Just wanted to share my experience dealing with ado213 for the first time, basically I bought my ARF OP from mirotime and the watch was faulty (losing time) so I emailed Miro with no response so then I decided to WhatsApp him and he decided to ignore me when I told him about the issue and this is when I decided I’ve closed the line and won’t be ordering from him again, baring in mind this was my 3rd order from him. So I took my watch to Piccadilly London watchsmiths and they said it needs servicing. They kept my watch for 7 weeks and charged me £90 for the service but then after a few days my watch started losing time again!!! And at this point I couldn’t bring it back because the UK went into lockdown, so I emailed them and they took a while to respond back saying send it back to us and we will take a look, but I didn’t trust them so I’ve been reading about the best watchsmiths and surprisingly ado caught my eye so I decided to go with him. I sent him my watch he took a few weeks to get back in contact with me which was getting me worried but then was relieved when he did and he had told me the watch hasn’t been serviced and there was a few faults that needed fixing and this really annoyed me because Piccadilly London watchsmiths lied to me about the servicing so I will be leaving then a negative review. Got my watch back from Ado213 and I must say he’s done a lovely job, the watch seems to be working properly again and I’d like to recommend ado to everyone who hasn’t already been with him. I believe he’s the best watchsmith from my experience, he may take his time to reply but other than that I’ll give him 10/10 thanks ado and thank you to the rep family for recommending him to me.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Its a hit or miss with those movements. I have the JF version that uses the same movement and haven't had any problems, even without servicing.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Adrian is amazing, which is why he can take time getting back to people as he’s very busy. Like all the good watchsmiths on the forum. The rep world teaches everyone patience eventually.

Wether it’s waiting for a shipment from China , waiting for Adrian to return your broken watch or waiting for the elusive 324 superclone the common theme is waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Oakley

The Dogs Bolex
7/6/19
27°59′17″N 86°55′31″E
Adrian is my go to watchsmith and has my highest respect and recommendation. Brexit is a bit of a bummer now though as sending and receiving anything from him in UK will likely be a customs issue. Luckily I make a few trips to UK so will coordinate that with getting any work done from him.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Adrian is who I send my stuff to, lovely guy and great work. I wouldn't wanna go anywhere else.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I assume mirotime is a non TD? If so, Is there a reason why you chose to go with a Non TD mate? Not judging, just curious

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

thorne

16600 FTW
8/3/10
Sling City
Adrian is fantastic at what he does, and he has a real passion for it too.

I can’t remember the number of watches he’s worked on for me.

Including my dad’s gen vintage Omega Seamaster which had movement issues, due to worn out movement parts that are no longer available. Adrian managed to source all the gen NOS parts and restored that watch back to good as new.

You can’t go wrong with him, that’s why he’s always busy. And despite the amount of work he has on hand, the finished product is always worth the wait.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Adrian is great. I consider him a friend as much as someone who works on my watches and he's a pleasure to meet in person, knows watches inside out and his knowledge and enthusiasm for it is infectious - he really got me into modding, and probably really regrets it now.

I've sent him all sorts of crap and he's managed to fudge something out of it! He's had a few of my pieces for months waiting for parts and neither of us can remember what we were actually intending to do with them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

London_rolex_lover

Horology Curious
19/10/19
London
Haha I’m so happy to hear about everyone’s positive feedback about him, my watch has been amazing since it’s been back, can somebody tag him into this review so he can see this? I’m new to posting on here so not sure how to tag him.

ado213

Renowned Member
27/4/12
UK
Thank you for your positive responses, its nice to know when you are appreciated. I must apologise for my lack of response, I do have my head down at times on problematic watches. I look forward to hopefully dealing with you all again. Stay safe !!