• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hello from Spain! New member with lots of doubts...

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21
Hi everyone, this is William, Im from Spain and as of today I am a new member of this great forum.

What made me enter the forum? Well... I have been always a genuine watch buyer but now, I just want to try a couple watches I dont have and also, I had a bad experience from a non-trusted dealer of the internet.

I already read the Forum Terms and Abbreviations (omg impossible to remember), also the How to purchase your first replica (lots of information) but at least I know things now I didnt know before.

So... sorry guys, for the moment I just find this world a little bit difficult to understand, so please forgive me if I make any mistakes with terms.

I would like to share now with you all what Im looking for, so maybe someone can help me a little bit finding the best TD/Factory. I am looking for a Rolex Submariner (black or green) and also for an Omega Speedmaster Co-Axial Chrono (yellow one). I am not looking (for the moment...) for a perfect replica, but I would like something way better than the typical $30/40 watch you can buy in Chinatown NYC... For the moment would like to try something in between 150€ and 250€.

Thanks so much in advance for your time guys and I hope I can learn a lot from you =)

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
Trusty and PureTime have good service and good products. I'm not saying these are the only ones, I'm just talking from my experience. I recently bought a YM from a new TD, Your watch, still waiting for it, hopefully coming this week.
Honestly, a $30 watch is a waste of money. Don't do that. It may look very nice but you may end up with a "watch" that tells you the time just twice a day. The very minimum I would recommend is a watch with a 2813 movement from a known source, like U1 factory, expect to pay $80/100 for these. Less than that, you may get "things" made with salvaged movements, or assembled in dirty environments then cleaned and lubricated in bulk (what is an aberration in watch making).
For higher movement quality, go for a 2824/ 2836 or rx asian clones. Expect to be asked for at least €200. €150 is too low for any rep with these movements.

cool1o

Known Member
11/10/20
Germany
The very minimum I would recommend is a watch with a 2813 movement from a known source, like U1 factory, expect to pay $80/100 for these.

To be fair I wouldn't even go that low. The DHGate U1 Products are okay, but nothing near the real deal when you think about a geniune and that's to be expected for 80-100$

To the OP:

I'd recommend you to try the Noob V10S Submariner for around 250$ with a clone 2836 movement. Thats one of the best budget watches I've came across lately.

Last edited:

John Abel

Known Member
15/5/20
UK
To be fair I wouldn't even go that low.
I had a couple of under $100 and was happy with them. When I had my first over $200 I went like "Omg, that's a WATCH". So I know the feeling and understand you. But still, there's nothing wrong with DHgate stuff. They are cheap, they are lower quality, you get what you pay for, some people may be happy with them.

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21
Trusty and PureTime have good service and good products. I'm not saying these are the only ones, I'm just talking from my experience. I recently bought a YM from a new TD, Your watch, still waiting for it, hopefully coming this week.
Honestly, a $30 watch is a waste of money. Don't do that. It may look very nice but you may end up with a "watch" that tells you the time just twice a day. The very minimum I would recommend is a watch with a 2813 movement from a known source, like U1 factory, expect to pay $80/100 for these. Less than that, you may get "things" made with salvaged movements, or assembled in dirty environments then cleaned and lubricated in bulk (what is an aberration in watch making).
For higher movement quality, go for a 2824/ 2836 or rx asian clones. Expect to be asked for at least €200. €150 is too low for any rep with these movements.

Yeah... I have been talking to a couple TD´s between ayerterday and today and they helped me so much so I ended up buying a Submariner 116610LV 316F SS/SS Grn V8S Noob A2836 for 250€ and looks great! Im not really looking for a perfect piece, just something that looks good and works well, not looking for perfection =)

Dont understand yet a lot of differences between quality types, machinery, etc but I will work it up until I learn everything I need in order to buy better pieces in the future

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21
To be fair I wouldn't even go that low. The DHGate U1 Products are okay, but nothing near the real deal when you think about a geniune and that's to be expected for 80-100$

To the OP:

I'd recommend you to try the Noob V10S Submariner for around 250$ with a clone 2836 movement. Thats one of the best budget watches I've came across lately.

Okay so... The one I bought for $260 has the same 2836 movement but instead of a V10S, its a V8S, is that a huge difference?

Thanks a lot for the help! =)

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21
I mean for the money range we are talking about haha actually Omega is my favourite brand but since I hear more about Rolex reps is the main reason why I started with the sub

jvevermind

6/3/17
I mean for the money range we are talking about haha actually Omega is my favourite brand but since I hear more about Rolex reps is the main reason why I started with the sub
If you are looking for an Omega most of the Omega from vsf is really close to the real thing. Sadly all of the speedmaster models are way off

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21
Omega Speedmaster Racing Co-Axial is the one I love =)

jvevermind

6/3/17
Omega Speedmaster Racing Co-Axial is the one I love =)
According to what i know, the only factory that make speedmasters is OMF. Imo they are acceptable but nowhere near gen but i mean if that is what you like so go for it

Gửi từ SM-G960F của tôi bằng cách sử dụng Tapatalk

cool1o

Known Member
11/10/20
Germany
I had a couple of under $100 and was happy with them. When I had my first over $200 I went like "Omg, that's a WATCH". So I know the feeling and understand you. But still, there's nothing wrong with DHgate stuff. They are cheap, they are lower quality, you get what you pay for, some people may be happy with them.

That's true - there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. I too own a couple of them. My post was just as a overview for the OP so he doesn't end up thinking that a 100$ rolex will be the same as a 8000$ one.

Okay so... The one I bought for $260 has the same 2836 movement but instead of a V10S, its a V8S, is that a huge difference?

Thanks a lot for the help! =)

It's by a different factory
v8s is by the real Noob factory, made with the tooling of the Noob v8 Submariner with the ceramic insert of a v9 Noob Submariner

The v10s is by another factory named "Sky Factory" which apparently bought the tooling for the Noob v9 Submariner and uses it to make the V10S Submariner with the ceramic insert of a v10 Noob Submariner.
Both are pretty similar in regards of quality, so choose the one that you prefer!

Reactions: John Abel

sw821

Known Member
17/1/21
The v10s is by another factory named "Sky Factory" which apparently bought the tooling for the Noob v9 Submariner and uses it to make the V10S Submariner with the ceramic insert of a v10 Noob Submariner.
Both are pretty similar in regards of quality, so choose the one that you prefer!

Great info!

I went for the Submariner 116610LV 316F SS/SS Grn V8S Noob A2836 so lets wait and see how it looks, had a little of fear spending more money so I guess its good for a start, what do you think?

Next one ill try and do a better and bigger research in order to get a top level rep =)