• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

This place is a rabbit hole

house

Looking Around
17/11/20
Hi,

I finally officially joined as a member after reading RWI posts for a while. I ended up here after needing to replace a movement on a $60 eBay watch that I like. It became quite a rabbit hole.

I have a sterile dial Rolex 5513 looking watch with something like a DG2813 movement in it. The movement committed suicide this week and I figured I'd learn a little about watches and upgrade it myself. One website led to another and yada, yada, yada... I now have a Tudor Black Bay ordered from Your Watch and still need to buy a replacement movement. Sigh.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hello and :welcome:

Enjoy the site and the learning process... :cheers:

house

Looking Around
17/11/20
Did you sort your replacement movement?

Hi,

I think so. I found the same watch on AliExpress and was able to order it without the bracelet. It ended up being cheaper to buy the assembled watch than buying a movement and the tools I would need to swap the dial and hands over. I guess I'll know for sure in about a month when it finally gets delivered :)

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hi,

I think so. I found the same watch on AliExpress and was able to order it without the bracelet. It ended up being cheaper to buy the assembled watch than buying a movement and the tools I would need to swap the dial and hands over. I guess I'll know for sure in about a month when it finally gets delivered :)

Glad you sorted it out. :thumbup:

Did you get the QC from Yourwatch yet?

Cheers.

house

Looking Around
17/11/20
Glad you sorted it out. :thumbup:

Did you get the QC from Yourwatch yet?

Cheers.

Thanks! No, no QC pics yet. They quoted 3-6 days and today is the 5th business day. I'll give it some time and follow up if I don't see anything.

Bohort

Known Member
27/10/20
France
Hello and welcome
We are sevral members who are ordered at Yourwatch and impatient to receive our watch :D

house

Looking Around
17/11/20
Hello and welcome
We are sevral members who are ordered at Yourwatch and impatient to receive our watch :D

Hi, Yeah, I've been following along in the yourwatch probationary thread. How long did you wait between order and receiving QC pics?