• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hi from the UK, first two questions......answers needed

mossquire

Horology Curious
19/9/20
Hi, I came to this site a month or so ago, I guess for the same reason as everyone. I want a top watch but I don’t want to pay 60% of the price to advertisers and sports stars, they have enough already. I looked at the how to buy it sticky, I have done research on the watches and narrowed it down to two 1. Omega Seamaster James Bond 50[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary and 2 the Tudor Pelagos Blue Dial. I will be the Bond first then the Pelagos unless I could do a deal for them both. I have checked out a couple of dealers (Dealer clocks and intime) and the prices are within $50. My first question would be who to go with and the second is the two I have look at actually look identical to each other so are they or are the reps made in one big factory? If they are then its down to price and reputation for delivering and service ect. I understand that there is a list of trusted dealers, do I just look for the cheapest?

deadpan

1/6/19
Over the horizon
Welcome to the forum. Do a bit of research on those specific models. Some models = only one factory produces them. Other models = multiple factories (and therefore versions) are produced. There are UK based (and EU based) dealers on here, or you can go direct to the larger dealers (as you have found) and order from them (Based in China). The search function can be a little limited, but using ‘rwi’ in front of your search on google is pretty good.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hi, I came to this site a month or so ago, I guess for the same reason as everyone. I want a top watch but I don’t want to pay 60% of the price to advertisers and sports stars, they have enough already. I looked at the how to buy it sticky, I have done research on the watches and narrowed it down to two 1. Omega Seamaster James Bond 50[SUP]th[/SUP] anniversary and 2 the Tudor Pelagos Blue Dial. I will be the Bond first then the Pelagos unless I could do a deal for them both. I have checked out a couple of dealers (Dealer clocks and intime) and the prices are within $50. My first question would be who to go with and the second is the two I have look at actually look identical to each other so are they or are the reps made in one big factory? If they are then its down to price and reputation for delivering and service ect. I understand that there is a list of trusted dealers, do I just look for the cheapest?

Hello and :welcome:

I would message a few and deal with the one who communicates best for your needs. Also make sure the shipping characteristics are the same, sometimes cheaper shipping looks good but it’s not the best choice.

Last edited: