• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New member from the UK in need of some advice!

parkh1

Horology Curious
29/10/20
Hi RWI!

Just wanted to say hi with my first post - new to the world of replica watches and came across this forum from a Reddit post. It has certainly been great to see such an active / supportive community of replica watch fanatics. I'm excited to learn more and acquire knowledge before eventually making my first purchase (any suggestions?)

I have started to read up on some of beginner's resources but I was wondering if anyone had any good material they can recommend for the following two questions:
  1. How does one go about 'QC'-ing a watch given no prior experience in doing so?
  2. What kind of tools do I need to change the strap of a rep watch? Where can I purchase other straps (I assume this is to some extent specific to each model)?
Many thanks!

enduser

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
29/7/20
UK
First thing is to decide on watch, then search the threads for that watch. This will give you an idea of the likely issues with the chosen watch. Bear in mind that 10x macro photos will always show “faults”. These will probably not be visible on the wrist. Specific help on QC is always available here if you have concerns. My advice: spend a couple of weeks studying before you buy.

Strap removal: Bergeon kit is superb but there’s no substitute for taking your time and being ultra careful. It’s not difficult with the right kit.

If you’ve never bought a top quality before you will be amazed

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mjs22075

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
8/8/18
UK Yorkshire
Welcome a wealth of information at your finger tips here. Enjoy the journey, I have learned more about watches here than anywhere else.

parkh1

Horology Curious
29/10/20
Very helpful, thank you. Currently looking at the Tudor BB 58 but also a couple other watches. Will definitely take the time to study before I buy!

beau7816

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
20/9/16
UK Devon
Hi RWI!

Just wanted to say hi with my first post - new to the world of replica watches and came across this forum from a Reddit post. It has certainly been great to see such an active / supportive community of replica watch fanatics. I'm excited to learn more and acquire knowledge before eventually making my first purchase (any suggestions?)

I have started to read up on some of beginner's resources but I was wondering if anyone had any good material they can recommend for the following two questions:
  1. How does one go about 'QC'-ing a watch given no prior experience in doing so?
  2. What kind of tools do I need to change the strap of a rep watch? Where can I purchase other straps (I assume this is to some extent specific to each model)?
Many thanks!

Welcome to RWI and enjoy some good reading :wave-1:

The following link has new content
https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...45#post7808745:welcome:

parkh1

Horology Curious
29/10/20
good choice. nice watch. have you checked out the TDs and found one you like?

Went to try on some TDs at a couple of ADs today but unfortunately nowhere is the BB 58 in stock :( Might see whether anyone I know has it but may have to pull the trigger based on a bit of blind faith.

Also tried:
  • Regular Tudor BB in blue bezel, and Tudor BB Steel. Very nice watches, but a bit clunky on the wrist as most reviews seem to say.
  • Tudor BB Chrono. Really liked the look of this one, unfortunately a rep with the steel bracelet seems really hard to find!