• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice for new member

TC1888

Horology Curious
22/10/20
Folks, I’m looking for advice on best TD that actually has a website. I’ve bought 5 watches over the years from Andrew at Trusty Time, however last one I bought didn’t work from
the day I bought it and they refused to replace without me posting back to China. Also, was a cheeky b*stard in email exchanges, so decided not to use them again. Reviews on KS looked good, but they don’t seem to have a website, is that right? I like to shop on a site for inspiration and to see QC pics. Who’s best website TD, and even better if UK or Euro based due to timing and fact a lot of Chinese TD’s are struggling for cash/staff to fulfill orders. All advice welcomed. Cheers. TC

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
and they refused to replace without me posting back to China.

Try to find any company that will send you a replacement watch (or any item that costs more than a few £/$ ) without you returning the defective watch(/item).

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Folks, I’m looking for advice on best TD that actually has a website. I’ve bought 5 watches over the years from Andrew at Trusty Time, however last one I bought didn’t work from
the day I bought it and they refused to replace without me posting back to China. Also, was a cheeky b*stard in email exchanges, so decided not to use them again. Reviews on KS looked good, but they don’t seem to have a website, is that right? I like to shop on a site for inspiration and to see QC pics. Who’s best website TD, and even better if UK or Euro based due to timing and fact a lot of Chinese TD’s are struggling for cash/staff to fulfill orders. All advice welcomed. Cheers. TC

Hello and :welcome:

All you can do is go through the TD sub-forum (linked at the top of the page) and see which ones suit your website requirements. Only a minority post QC on their websites, and also not for all models.

It's common practice of a TD to require the watch to be sent back to China, if there is a problem on receipt - Gladly, it happens only in a minority of cases. Imagine if they did not have this rule...... If that were me I would just accept it as part of the risk, and cost of business, and get a watchmaker to look at it, better than the hassle of sending it back to China imo. Out of interest, how did you resolve the one that didnt work?

There are 2 UK/Euro based TDs that I know of, there may be more, they are listed in the TD section. Pretty sure they both have websites but I haven't looked for a long while, I prefer to buy M2M.

Hope you post more, great to see you had a good experience with the first 4 you bought from Trusty, sad of course it went pear-shaped on the last one.

What watch are you looking for this time? :D There's a lot going through M2M, maybe you can find what you want there.

Last edited:

TC1888

Horology Curious
22/10/20
Try to find any company that will send you a replacement watch (or any item that costs more than a few £/$ ) without you returning the defective watch(/item).

Thanks Tripdog. That’s the thing isn’t it.
Finding one that is that conscientious and wanting to retain their good name, that they would do that. It wasn’t a the first one I bought from them, in fact, the fifth, so they should have known I wasn’t a scammer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TC1888

Horology Curious
22/10/20
Hello and :welcome:

All you can do is go through the TD sub-forum (linked at the top of the page) and see which ones suit your website requirements. Only a minority post QC on their websites, and also not for all models.

It's common practice of a TD to require the watch to be sent back to China, if there is a problem on receipt - Gladly, it happens only in a minority of cases. Imagine if they did not have this rule...... If that were me I would just accept it as part of the risk, and cost of business, and get a watchmaker to look at it, better than the hassle of sending it back to China imo. Out of interest, how did you resolve the one that didnt work?

There are 2 UK/Euro based TDs that I know of, there may be more, they are listed in the TD section. Pretty sure they both have websites but I haven't looked for a long while, I prefer to buy M2M.

Hope you post more, great to see you had a good experience with the first 4 you bought from Trusty, sad of course it went pear-shaped on the last one.

What watch are you looking for this time? :D There's a lot going through M2M, maybe you can find what you want there.

Thanks ScottieDog. Appreciate you taking the time to respond with such a detailed and helpful message.

This was the fifth different watch I had purchased from Trusty Time so I would have hoped they hadn’t realised I wasn’t a scammer out for a free watch. I also advised them the day it arrived it wasn’t working, and I got two watches delivered that day, so, again, wasn’t as if I was at it. However they were sh*t to deal with when things go wrong. You asked what I did to resolve it. I haven’t, I still have a £500 Breitling Superocean II that doesn’t wind up either automatically or from the manual winder. Also the auto winder mechanism is very audible when you move the watch even slightly. The thing is. It looks amazing. Can’t fault the look. Just doesn’t work. I’ve ordered a watch repair kit from Amazon to get the back off and see if there’s anything that my untrained eye can tighten, other than that, I’m left with an expensive bracelet. It was disappointing as it’s the most expensive version I have bought, and only did so as my confidence had been boosted by previous purchases. Didn’t think a watch repaid place would entertain looking at a replica to repair it?

I saw KS Watches appear to be UK based, but don’t have a site. Can’t see any other European based ones but I’ll look again.

Forgive my ignorance, but what’s M2M. Is that when you just ask a dealer for a specific watch?? I’m still trying to source a Breitling SuperOcean II as I really like it. One with the new tinted blue face. However only one I’ve seen that tried the blue face looked terrible. It was bright blue instead of the tinted metallic.

With regards Trusty Time. I wouldn’t say I’ve been super impressed. Instead, accepted the risk. I bought a Rolex Deepsea. Was meant to have the tinted blue face. Came with a black one. Still looks quality though. Ordered a Panerai Luminor Marina. Black face black leather strap. Got sent the QC pics and both face and strap looked brown. I said so, only to be told. “No it’s the lighting, I’m looking at it right now and it’s definitely black” IT WAS BROWN!!!! As I say. Wasn’t happy, but those are the chances you take. So the completely faulty Breitling was just the last straw with Trusty Time and I wouldn’t actually recommend them to anyone to be fair. Watches look nice, but don’t always get what you ask for, and when supplying faulty goods, don’t replace without you having to go to the considerable expense and hassle of sending back to china. Thanks again. Appreciate it

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hello TC1888,

As I understand it, Trusty would repair the watch you sent back... thats why they want it back. They wouldn't send a new one! Sometimes, if for instance its a "clasp problem", they may just send a new clasp for the owner to fit/have fitted, but with a movement problem, they will get it back, fix it and return it to you. My opinion would therefore to be, cut out all the time and bs of sending back to China plus return, plus fees.. plus more "risks", plus more time... and did I say "time" - - - - and just get someone to look at it .. If I were you I would get a gen ETA put into it, assuming it is a simple 2824 and not a Chrono version - It will be totally AWESOME with a gen ETA in, pretty much what Breitling themselves put in until their "in house movement" upgrades.

Which SOII do you have?

Theres a few trusted watchmakers who can look at it for you, it depends where you live but you can post to them without issue (using Royal Mail Special Delivery RMSD, for only about 8 or 9 quid). It could be an easy fix, worst case you could pick up a replacement movement on ebay, even a Seagull or equivalent if you didnt want the cost of an ETA. I assume it has an a2824 as it is a SO. I wouldn't let a splendid Breitling SOII sit there, at least fix it and flip it to regain funds, unless of course, you want a box queen to look at :)

Narikaa is UK based and Sead is EU (maybe even UK) based. They do carry stock in the EU but you have to check, sometimes they dont then the wait is just like buying from Asia direct.

M2M is the member to member sales - Theres a lot there going on within the EU and indeed, the UK.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/member-sales-and-trade-area

Cheers :drinks_cheers:

TC1888

Horology Curious
22/10/20
Hello TC1888,

As I understand it, Trusty would repair the watch you sent back... thats why they want it back. They wouldn't send a new one! Sometimes, if for instance its a "clasp problem", they may just send a new clasp for the owner to fit/have fitted, but with a movement problem, they will get it back, fix it and return it to you. My opinion would therefore to be, cut out all the time and bs of sending back to China plus return, plus fees.. plus more "risks", plus more time... and did I say "time" - - - - and just get someone to look at it .. If I were you I would get a gen ETA put into it, assuming it is a simple 2824 and not a Chrono version - It will be totally AWESOME with a gen ETA in, pretty much what Breitling themselves put in until their "in house movement" upgrades.

Which SOII do you have?

Theres a few trusted watchmakers who can look at it for you, it depends where you live but you can post to them without issue (using Royal Mail Special Delivery RMSD, for only about 8 or 9 quid). It could be an easy fix, worst case you could pick up a replacement movement on ebay, even a Seagull or equivalent if you didnt want the cost of an ETA. I assume it has an a2824 as it is a SO. I wouldn't let a splendid Breitling SOII sit there, at least fix it and flip it to regain funds, unless of course, you want a box queen to look at :)

Narikaa is UK based and Sead is EU (maybe even UK) based. They do carry stock in the EU but you have to check, sometimes they dont then the wait is just like buying from Asia direct.

M2M is the member to member sales - Theres a lot there going on within the EU and indeed, the UK.

42a0ef08655b65c978f3e86db6975b01.jpg

It’s the Chrono mate (pic attached) so I’m guessing I can’t get the ETA??? To be honest, I didn’t even understand some of the things you said lol. The trusted watch repair sounds like a great shout. Do you have any recommendations? I’m not sending it back to China, and rather not have a £500 bracelet, no matter how pretty it is!!!

Did you really use a time joke??? ????

I’m in the UK. Scotland. So thanks for the recommendation on UK and EU dealers. Appreciated.

TC1888

Horology Curious
22/10/20

It’s the Chrono mate (pic attached) so I’m guessing I can’t get the ETA??? To be honest, I didn’t even understand some of the things you said lol. The trusted watch repair sounds like a great shout. Do you have any recommendations? I’m not sending it back to China, and rather not have a £500 bracelet, no matter how pretty it is!!!

I’m in the UK. Scotland. So thanks for the recommendation on UK and EU dealers. Appreciated.

7a56f62381bd7f7c3c366f9bf4987e47.jpg

87ef3144df09031903a71e0793ee918c.jpg

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
That's a 46mm is it?

I literally don't know anything about Chono movements but I guess it is a 7750. I think that means it's potentially more expensive to fix/replace than a 2824. Do you have a link to the watch you bought, that should specify the exact movement?

You could also post in the repairs section of the forum... They are extremely experienced and will answer the questions easily! They may even be able to diagnose it.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs

There's a watch repairer who will work on reps in Glasgow, or just outside - ill have to find the info for that one if it's interesting to you? Other than that you´d need to post into England, there's at least 2 that I know of. One is in the watchmaker section here, link below (52 degrees), the other I will PM you.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/watchmakers-and-horologists

TC1888

Horology Curious
22/10/20
That's a 46mm is it?

I literally don't know anything about Chono movements but I guess it is a 7750. I think that means it's potentially more expensive to fix/replace than a 2824. Do you have a link to the watch you bought, that should specify the exact movement?

You could also post in the repairs section of the forum... They are extremely experienced and will answer the questions easily! They may even be able to diagnose it.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs

There's a watch repairer who will work on reps in Glasgow, or just outside - ill have to find the info for that one if it's interesting to you? Other than that you´d need to post into England, there's at least 2 that I know of. One is in the watchmaker section here, link below (52 degrees), the other I will PM you.
https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/watchmakers-and-horologists

Yeah, it’s the 46mm mate. I still have the order confirmation. It’s “---
1 x BSW0372 - SuperOcean Heritage II Chronograph SS/RU Blk OMF A7750
(BSW0372)” so yeah. 7750. No idea what that means though!

I’m actually in Glasgow mate so if there’s one here that would be ideal. Do away with the posting and waiting nonsense. If you could find those details I’d really appreciate it!!

When it first arrived. It would auto wind with movement. So I contacted Trusty and they told me to use the self winder then bang the side of it. Super technical!! That worked for a little bit, but I’m guessing the banging on the side has maybe now dislodged something as it doesn’t work doing that either (pics I sent where the first week I got it, back when I could at least get it to wind). Now sometimes when I shake it it will work, but can stop after 30 seconds, or just as bad, it actually stops if I move my arm too much. The opposite of the self winder lol. So when I ran or, well, moved. It could stop. It got to the point it was too frustrating to wear. Also when you move it you can hear very audible spinning inside which can be embarrassing in a quiet situation. Kind of gives away the whole replica thing!!

Really appreciate you taking all the time to help!! TC

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Hey TC, there also seems to be an error with your order, the watch you have isn't a SuperOcean Heritage II but the first edition!

What is the serial number (starting with A) on the back of the watch?

Last edited:

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Yeah, it’s the 46mm mate. I still have the order confirmation. It’s “---
1 x BSW0372 - SuperOcean Heritage II Chronograph SS/RU Blk OMF A7750
(BSW0372)” so yeah. 7750. No idea what that means though!

I’m actually in Glasgow mate so if there’s one here that would be ideal. Do away with the posting and waiting nonsense. If you could find those details I’d really appreciate it!!

When it first arrived. It would auto wind with movement. So I contacted Trusty and they told me to use the self winder then bang the side of it. Super technical!! That worked for a little bit, but I’m guessing the banging on the side has maybe now dislodged something as it doesn’t work doing that either (pics I sent where the first week I got it, back when I could at least get it to wind). Now sometimes when I shake it it will work, but can stop after 30 seconds, or just as bad, it actually stops if I move my arm too much. The opposite of the self winder lol. So when I ran or, well, moved. It could stop. It got to the point it was too frustrating to wear. Also when you move it you can hear very audible spinning inside which can be embarrassing in a quiet situation. Kind of gives away the whole replica thing!!

Really appreciate you taking all the time to help!! TC

Maybe it just needs a service. Not sure how much that would cost but hopefully you can resolve it without too much hassle. Best thing is to post in the Tech section, in the mod-repairs sub-forum. https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs
Put the watch type (SuperOcean Heritage II Chronograph OMF A7750) and explain the problem as you did above. Someone there will give advice, im sure.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hey TC, there also seems to be an error with your order, the watch you have isn't a SuperOcean Heritage II but the first edition!

Looks like they got the title wrong? At least the watch corresponds to the images.

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Oh okay, because the Superocean II should come with a ceramic bezel and a pip at 12 as well as different hand. Ignore my previous post in that case!

Just looked it up, they do have the correct version listed as well: https://trustytime.asia/index.php?ma...ducts_id=19539 but it is weird that the newer model is cheaper.

Your link was added on Trusty 20 Feb 2019, OPs link was added 1st August 2018..... Not much time in between

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Hello TC1888,

Which SOII do you have?

I love the way you have become the new forum Mr Helpful . However you do give out a lot of misinformation , SEAD isn't UK or EU based he is in China . He can get you any watch out there direct from China as per every other TD .He does however send a number of the more popular watches to a contact in the UK which forms his EU list .This makes it easy for UK customers to get watches quickly without ANY customs worries , and EU customers the ability to get watches quickly negating the customs worry of the package coming from China ( outside EU zone). Also he will send the QC pics for watches on the EU list pre payment as he already has the watches which is nice , the watches he sends from China require the usual sequence of events enquiry> payment >QC > dispatch > Panic .

TC1888

Horology Curious
22/10/20

Yeah, I actually did think that mate. In all honesty, I’m less fussed about that as it actually is a lively watch and I don’t think they would have gotten the blue face right anyway. I’d just be happy to have it working. Serial no is A33312
TC

TC1888

Horology Curious
22/10/20
Maybe it just needs a service. Not sure how much that would cost but hopefully you can resolve it without too much hassle. Best thing is to post in the Tech section, in the mod-repairs sub-forum. https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs
Put the watch type (SuperOcean Heritage II Chronograph OMF A7750) and explain the problem as you did above. Someone there will give advice, im sure.

It’s just annoying that the fault was there’s from delivery. However if I can get it fixed at reasonable price, I’ll get over it. Thanks for the advice about that forum. Didn’t realise there was a specific one for that watch.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

The watch you have has a clone ETA 7750 movement . To be honest i understand the disappointment of getting a watch DOA , but sending the watch back to China is the usual remedy TD's offer to get the watch fixed . The other option is to accept it is par for the course , that you have purchased a 'fake' watch built in a Chinese factory without the QC / rigorous testing / and meticulous working conditions of a genuine Swiss Factory , and get it repaired yourself . Often the TD will negotiate a discount on your next watch ( if you talk to him nicely) to in effect give you something towards the repair.
IT IS A WASTE OF TIME sending the watch back for a variety of reasons .
Rather than be left with a Superocean door stop , try contacting ADO213 who is a member on here based in the UK .He is an excellent watchsmith , message him to ask about a repair/service and cost the involved .

Last edited: